Making my own private ff2 server (1 Viewer)

hoovygoblin

So I have been recently attempting to host my own private Freak Fortress 2 server on linode running Ubuntu 20 and so far I have been able to get a basic private server up and running with a few vsh maps also tried to add more bosses which also caused me issues that led me to removing them from the server like the boss being a giant red error sign even with the files being in the right folders and no music or sound effects working which I also tried to fix but failed to do so but the server also has some other issues such as the music not working but sound effects work as normal as I am also seeing "SV StartSound: not precached (0)" errors appear on my ssh session screen and server logs as soon as the boss music itself tries to start and I have attempted to get help from the alliedmodders community with this as well and I am currently awaiting more feedback.

The other problem I am having is with configuring my Freak Fortress 2 plugin which is the most recent rewritten version because when selecting the boss it says either whitelist or blacklist instead of Select boss or deselect which is what I want it to say and I am guessing I could probably change that in a cfg file somewhere.

In general I am inexperienced with sourcemod and setting up and configuring a Team Fortress 2 server although I have set up servers for other purposes like basic web servers or Plex servers but I am not giving up that easily and I am still gonna attempt to get everything configured and ready even if it takes me weeks or longer to figure out everything I need to know about setting up servers for this gamemode.

Eventually I also want to make some custom bosses of my own once I have the skills to do so but not now because I will for now stick to the bosses by other creators.

Not gonna mention any names or ip adresses if it ever becomes public becasue it would obviously be against the rules.

What do you think?

So I have been recently attempting to host my own private Freak Fortress 2 server on linode running Ubuntu 20 and so far I have been able to get a basic private server up and running with a few vsh maps also tried to add more bosses which also caused me issues that led me to removing them from the server like the boss being a giant red"error" sign and no music or sound effects working which I also tried to fix but failed to do so but the server also has some other issues such as the music not working but sound effects work as normal as I am also seeing "SV StartSound: not precached (0)" errors appear on my ssh session screen and server logs as soon as the boss music itself tries to start and I have attempted to get help from the alliedmodders community with this as well and I am currently awaiting more feedback.
If there are no errors such as "missing material/model" in the server console then the problem is on your end. Go to multiplayer options and look at the option at the bottom right. Make sure it's set to "Allow all custom files from server".

The other problem I am having is with configuring my Freak Fortress 2 plugin which is the most recent rewritten version because when selecting the boss it says either whitelist or blacklist instead of Select boss or deselect which is what I want it to say and I am guessing I could probably change that in a cfg file somewhere.
You shouldn't use Rewrite yet, it's not fully finished and still has some problems. Use this one instead.

If there are no errors such as "missing material/model" in the server console then the problem is on your end. Go to multiplayer options and look at the option at the bottom right. Make sure it's set to "Allow all custom files from server".

You shouldn't use Rewrite yet, it's not fully finished and still has some problems. Use this one instead.

Yeah you are right I should probably try using that one instead as it obviously has had more time to develop in the oven over time.

The weird thing is that some custom bosses I installed like dio Brando did actually load the custom models correctly but unfortunately his abilities relied on certain plugins that I was unable to fix so I got rid of him as well.

And yes I have the option enabled currently at the moment.

i dont think this is the correct section to ask here.
you're probably better of using the alliedmodders forum for support.

• Scared
Reactions: _Black
i dont think this is the correct section to ask here.
you're probably better of using the alliedmodders forum for support.
already got in contact with them earlier today so I am gonna continue doing that on that forum

Users who are viewing this thread