Declined make simon says no longer allowed. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Argument 1: It is an odd exception to the rules about how and where minigames can be played.

"The Warden can come up with Minigames of his own but it must be played out of the range of the cell area."
"Minigames that involves the BLU team killing the Prisoners are not allowed unless it's located on the map or is a variation of a existing Minigame on the map."

Simon says is played in cell area at least 7 out of 10 times, if not more.
Maybe the second rule break is debatable because it's technically not a minigame that involves BLU killing Prisoners because it is actually BLU killing Rebellers, but I think that is just nitpicking.

Argument 2: It is an odd exception to the rules about clear orders.

"The Warden can't trick Prisoners by giving them misleading names or vague orders."
"'Day related' orders fall under this too, out of cell day will be overruled if the Warden gives the order to come out of the cell for example."

I argue that simon says orders are day related orders, as in a modifier on all orders that makes following otherwise legitimate orders kos until warden decides that the modifier no longer applies.
What is the real difference between saying "out of cell rebel day" "go to the yellow line" and saying "(simon says intro)" "go to the yellow line"?
I argue there is no difference, and simon says is actually worse because you can only catch people with days once, simon says you can give orders like that all round if you would like.

I elaborate on it being vague orders below, as well.

Argument 3: No one ever actually plays it properly. Simon says leads to lots of genuine mass free kills because guards heard warden wrong, and also a lot of confusion as to who is actually kos or not.
Take this example for the confusion:
Reds are afk frozen on the yellow line when simon says starts.
The warden says "afk freeze" without saying simon says.
Is everyone still afk frozen kos? Do they have to move? Do they have to continue moving?
No one is ever able to fully agree on this, and that makes it a vague order and by extension a trick order. However, because this is simon says, it is allowed.

Despite all of this, Simon Says continues to be allowed. I think that should change.

And now that the official suggestion part where i have to give real reasons it should be removed is over and i can give my opinion: SIMON SAYS SUCKS. ITS NOT FUN. FUCK SIMON SAYS.
when i use it on blu i feel like a dirty coward.
when i succeed it on red i didnt have fun, just stressed me out when we could have instead just played an actual minigame.
when i die to it on red i always feel like i was free killed, no exceptions

added a poll
1629854658844.png

• Friendly
Reactions: shybandit
Maybe it could be kept around as LR only if it's voted to be banned, as someone told me on discord, but honestly I do not know anyone who is going to pick Simon Says as an LR, and even then argument 3 is still intact for why it should not be allowed.

I think as long as the warden is paying attention and thinks before they give an order this is fine, this order is nice if you want to add some variety or challenge. It makes sense to be LR only based on pandas rules, but I dont see it in the same light as days as it is not as much based on nitpicking as it is paying attention. The only hard part is ending the game since people get to nitpicking how you are to start and end it, but other than that I see no problem. A suggestion is to require Simon Says to be not played in cells, so it is like a custom minigame, reason for this is for example if I go on some other servers they just sit in cells trying to confuse the living fuck out of the reds with days and frlr ( which is boring as hell). Moving out of cells gives chance to rebel or do a minigame while doing Simon Says.

I think for me it's what starts the arguments. Really sours the mood of the gameplay when someone won't accept they got tricked or some blue isn't paying attention.

I rarely play on red so really removal or not I don't care. I usually step back and let the other blues kill those tricked to avoid getting screamed at.

I'd rather do a normal round of the warden giving orders. It's personal preference as what most suggestions entail :twc:

Simon says clearly contradicts the rules and the general design of panda jb so I understand where you come from, you wanna play jailbreak not a shitty bop it.
But as someone who only plays blue I like tricking people ;)

I disagree with keeping it just for sole the reason to be an LR. It seems that people agree with me when I say to keep it as is, and just deciding not play Simon says if you cant handle it as a blue. I only mentioned this as an alternative for the chance that people want Simon says to be less common, but not all out removed. Honestly this game isnt played enough in the first place for me to even think of removing it. The only regular players that actually use it on blue are myself, Punk, and an occasional player who is feeling like they need to add variety.

We’re already hard limited as Blus from doing clever things to catch reds off guard, Simon Says is a break away from the strict rules that is pretty straight forward, All you have to do is listen to audio cues of if the warden said Simon says or not.

I think the bigger problem is that permeates with this is blood thirsty Blues who kill and ask questions later, Personally i like to double check with wardens before i pull the trigger in most situations(learnt that the hard way) and honestly that leads to most aggressive altercations pertaining this minigame, It all boils down to the warden’s ability to control himself and their blus, Which they are most certainly capable of.

in conclusion, simon says is fresh and takes actual focus to win, thats ultimately good in my book.

• Boring
Reactions: Bananawastaken
We’re already hard limited as Blus from doing clever things to catch reds off guard, Simon Says is a break away from the strict rules that is pretty straight forward, All you have to do is listen to audio cues of if the warden said Simon says or not.

I think the bigger problem is that permeates with this is blood thirsty Blues who kill and ask questions later, Personally i like to double check with wardens before i pull the trigger in most situations(learnt that the hard way) and honestly that leads to most aggressive altercations pertaining this minigame, It all boils down to the warden’s ability to control himself and their blus, Which they are most certainly capable of.

in conclusion, simon says is fresh and takes actual focus to win, thats ultimately good in my book.
Cant warden just say only he is allowed to kill the people who don't listen to simon? (or add it to the rules) that would make it a lot less confusing and a lot less likely blues freekill for that mode

Cant warden just say only he is allowed to kill the people who don't listen to simon? (or add it to the rules) that would make it a lot less confusing and a lot less likely blues freekill for that mode
saying only warden or some specific person can kill counts as point farming p sure

Reactions: Gold
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread