Accepted Magglet's Admin Application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magglet

Donator
Your name and/or nickname:
Magglet™

Your age:

Who gave you permission to apply? (applies to applicants under 15 or those who apply for servers not listed in the "Available Positions" thread)
Da Random

Your Steam32 ID (this is not simply a profile link. Look up what it is and how to get it; simply posting what you think it makes you seem unprofessional)
STEAM_0:0:57897786

Your general online times and your timezone
Holidays ?

Will be online every day
School Days? 4:00 - 10:00 (May not be directly playing but online)
Greenwich Mean Time Zone (UTC+00:00)

Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?

Trade #25 ⇨ Vsh #5

Do you have a microphone? (This is a minimum requirement for Jailbreak admins)
Yes

Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator
Non-reputable or worth mentioning at this point.

Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?
Unfortunately
, no I do not have any prior source knowledge

Why should we choose you to be part of our team?
Firstly, let me address the fact that I have not got a good record within the panda community comms and bans. Unfortunately playing on panda for quite a long time at this point. I have had many bad habits including a lot of insulting and many minor rule breaks. I am not proud of these in the slightest and I am aware they will massively hinder me as a candidate. At this point, I cannot hide them and they are gonna get exposed, and if I am completely honest wouldn't surprise me if you disregard this application. But I have alot of fun on panda, and I report so many players the admins are probably a little sick of me ;), and I am kind of sick of the fact that people get away with stuff when I am not recording or able to screenshot in time. I would treasure the opportunity to be able to call myself staff and would try and complete the position to the best I can. But most of all I would try and create a fun environment where people follow rules but have fun.

Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.

General Rules

Chat/Mic Spam

⇨Annoucement in chat that it is against the rules to mic/chat spam. Giving prior warning to new users. Users who continue to spam will receive punishments in the following order:
⇨ 120 minutes
⇨ 720 minutes
⇨ 1440 minutes
⇨ 2880 minutes
⇨ Permanent

Offensive Language/insulting

Announcement in chat that Offensive Language and insulting are against the rules to inform new users and giving them a prior warning. Users who continue to spam will receive punishments in the following order
⇨120 minutes
⇨720 minutes
⇨ 1440 minutes
⇨ 2880 minutes
⇨ Permanent

Call Abuse

If a player uses the !call system whilst admin is present. The user will receive the punishment with no prior warning due to regular chat announcements specifically mentions this rule
⇨300 minutes
⇨900 minutes
⇨1440 minutes
⇨4320 minutes
⇨Permanent

Hacking

Using external software in order to gain advantage within our community is an intolerable offence. The user caught doing so will be recorded using a demo. Then given the punishment

⇨20160 minutes
⇨Evidence passed to Game-sever admin ⇨ Permanent Ban

Advertising Hacks

⇨Advertising external software that gives players an unfair advantage is an intolerable offence. The user caught doing so will be recorded using a demo. Then given the punishment
⇨20160 minutes
⇨ Evidence passed to Game-sever admin ⇨ Permanent Ban

Begging for items

If the player is excessively begging for items/Requesting free expensive items. Or random trading users asking for free items, will receive one prior warning that such behaviour is not acceptable in our community, they will receive punishments in the following order:
⇨ 120 minutes
⇨ 720 minutes
⇨ 1440 minutes
⇨ Permanent

Trade Specific Rule

Sentry Placement on the roof

Players building sentries on the ledge above/around spawn will be given a prior warning and the sentry will be destroyed. Users who continue will receive punishments in the following order:
⇨ 240 minutes
⇨ 720 minutes
⇨ 1440 minutes
⇨4320 minutes
⇨ Permanent

Building Blocking teleportation Areas

Players using Engineer building in order to block access to teleportation areas will be given a prior warning and the building will be destroyed. Users who continue will receive punishments in the following order:
⇨ 120 minutes
⇨ 720 minutes
⇨ 1440 minutes
⇨ 4320 minutes
⇨ Permanent

VSH Specific Rules

Hale Camping

Player will first be warned in @all and main chat, if they continue to break the rules they will receive punishments in this order. However, I will not be banning someone based upon a very short analysis of the hale strategy and if they are truly camping.

⇨ 240 minutes
⇨ 720 minutes
⇨ 1440 minutes
⇨ 4320 minutes
⇨ Permanent

Fail Hale

Fairly often Hale is ruined by people just suiciding instead of using the /resetq command. Dependent on the players hours on the server and if my knowledge they are definitely aware of the rule due to many announcements being clear about the rule. The player will recieve punishment in this order

⇨ 240 minutes
⇨ 480 minutes
⇨ 1440 minutes
⇨ 4320 minutes
⇨ Permanent

Information

Trade Game.ME
Trade Sessions
Trade Chat
Vsh Game ME
Vsh Sessions
Vsh Chat
Bans
Communication bans
Steam Profile

Well, here we have it. Let's get straight to it.

First of all, I'd like to say I very much enjoy playing with Magglet. He's a decent guy, who's very persuasive wink wink but he's generally a nice and well-liked player on VSH. I've been playing with him ever since I unbanned him in late December of last year, where he's been a regular on VSH ever since.

I haven't witnessed him breaking any rules since then, however his prior rulebreaking history is noteworthy, and should not be left out. As he mentioned himself, he's had his run-ins with the admins on our community, quite a few actually. 6 bans, and 6 gags/mutes in total, however 3 of those gags were in 2015, so I'd completely disregard them as a player can develop A LOT over 3 years.

Now, I've looked over your chatlog, and it looks fine overall, however there's a minor things I'd like to point out. This is not a broken rule, but this behavior is generally viewed as being negative (At least in my opinion)

This one, (which I'm sure is a joke amongst you and some friends)
17b8a6a2539d81d15195b782e1c2180e.png

4fc4d671293517804911edc2f78c82a3.png

And there's a few more examples, but it's just nitpicking, but I thought I'd point it out anyways.

I genuiely don't know whether to support you or not, considering your admin records, and it's nothing personal because I very much like you.

Pros:
- Well liked player
- Very active
- Mature (At times)
- Has great English capabilities

Cons:
- Has a very bad admin record
- Has a tendency to slip up and get angry (And I would know that personally)

So my stance right now, is neutral, as I really can't decide.

Thank you for your feedback @Le Captain Pootis, It is appreciated. I knew my previous records with run-ins with admins and being technically on the bring of a perm both communication and ban if I receive another punishment does not aid my efforts. But I hope to suggest through my change in character that I can make a difference instead of just making reports.

you shouldnt think about becoming an admin if you dont have gamesense or can tell if someone is hacking or nah. jsut throwing that out there

Excuse me? Firstly how is the necessary in the slightest, I forget that all people come in the job knowing everything, about every situation they are going to come across.

Secondly, I think the fact you felt the need to do this on a public admin application, instead of taking it up with me personally first, shows you have some personal vendetta against me for reporting either you or a friend, but unfortunately considering I make a very large quantity of reports I cannot always get it right.

It was rude of you to comment on my application if you cannot put the effort in to spell correctly or back up any evidence that I cannot tell when a person is hacking; this is called testifying without evidence. Considering I can link you cases today in which I have reported hackers and been successful and correct it is a very bold statement to just claim that in such a manner.

• Dislike
  • Informative
Reactions: Jim and Furken
if u wanna drag it on feel free to add me but the excuse of reporting many people and having a few flaws in them is bullshit lol. even calling him hacker in chat and such even tho u got no evidence what so ever, u shouldnt jsut report people cuz they act like hackers. if i were u id so some research on the person first and not tick them off as hacker, report them and move on. i can see from your previous reports u jsut go in without any thought or anything u jsut think he is hacking, report him and move along. once u become a trial i dont think anything wil lchange in that sense and thats why im posting this here

• Agree
  • Dislike
Reactions: Jim and Arrow
After speaking with @trixx, the following case is what the user is referring to as me not being able to read a person is this. "HERE" The user mang was banned by admin Fanthom recently following my recording. The user in question at the time of this post has made no appeal to be unbanned. The suggestion that I am supposedly unfit for the job would also suggest that a senior admin is unable to tell if users are hackers as well.

@TriiX @Itachi Uchiha

I can’t see any good reasons for you two to comment here. This is for admins, which you two are not, to give an opinion and exchange information about the applicant. Do not make it a shitshow, please.

If you do have relevant information about the applicant, feel free to PM one of the admins on Trade or VSH.

I mean @TriiX has a good reason to replied on this thread.
He is a old Vsh player when it comes to the panda servers @P N N.
He has some big knowledge when it comes to Vsh.
It helped me seeing this for a other stand point.

@Magglet i don't like your punishments on vsh at all.
Can you explain why you have those punishments?

@iceviet triixx isn’t referring to vsh at all and he isn’t just calling me out he calling fanthom out for a recording of a user called mang, who hasn’t shown any sign of wanting to be unbanned.

As for the punishments, the camping punishment is easy, I was banned for camping and I see so many hales do it. Like I stated the hale will be given fair warning in general chat and if they continue a fair punishment is a ban. It isn’t a minor thing to do and it ruins the flow of vsh and many regular players will agree a camping hale ruins that round. A simple slay won’t do it if you don’t want them to do it again.

As I also mentioned in the explanation for fail hale. When a user blindly and porposfuly asks for no reason other than they don’t want to be hale, should use the command /resetq, obviously I won’t ban a very new vsh player but I see regulars such as POW regular purposefully just afk when it isn’t a map they like. I would be open to reducing the times or increasing steps before a ban but personally I believe that many regulars just ignore the rule if they so wish.

Not that it's my place and I guarantee I'm going to be downrated for "not showing evidence" and not being an admin but shouldn't Magglet's history of being unnecessarily aggressive on the forums consistently be pointed out? If anyone cares enough or bugs me enough, I'd be glad to put together a couple of screenshots of him being aggressive for no reason other than people disagreeing with him sometimes. Why he's even being considered for admin given his tendency to get caught misbehaving and it being brushing off because he waited a while is a little silly imo.

@Jim, your feedback is appreciated. And yes I would appreciate some evidence as its a pretty bold claim. The fact is I haven't really been caught misbehaving in a long time. My most recent ban from Beamer was removed and the rule was changed after I pointed out many flaws and such. Either way it was still a ban, but I haven't actually received any other punishments other than that since Danny in April last year. Many of my most recent comm blocks were either mistakes by Zannc, which I'm sure if you asked who would confirm and tests from fanthom. Prior to this, I feel like you are capitalising on the fact I have made many mistakes, but not in recent times. I have played for a long time and grown and matured since I received a punishment. I not asking anyone to overlook the fact I made mistakes, but I would like the chance to show I am not the same person.

My most recent ban from Beamer was removed and the rule was changed after I pointed out many flaws and such.

Let me just point out the rule wasn't changed, and you did not get unbanned because you "pointed out flaws and such". There were no flaws and you were punished accordingly, I was just not aware it would mean you would get permanently banned - hence the reason, why I unbanned you. Cause I felt like you contributed more to the community, rather than weighing us down by having half a dozen of bans. And also not to mention, the ban wasn't removed, it's still there and it's still a valid punishment you had received.

Reactions: Jim
The app itself is very well written and shows some effort. Magglet is a known player and potentially would make a good admin, but the temperament factor is still a risk.

But considering the improvement he has done so far, I'd be curious to see whether Magglet could contain the tilt and turn it into a cool, calm and collected adminship.
And that's what the trial phase is for. Thus +1 from me.

Reactions: Magglet
basically what @alperrt said above.

accepted, welcome in the team.

PS: look into improving your sessions as they are going down recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread