Declined Magglet Admin Application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magglet

Donator
Your name and/or nickname:
Magglet™

Your age:

Who gave you permission to apply? (applies to applicants under 15 or those who apply for servers not listed in the "Available Positions" thread)
Da Random

Your Steam32 ID (this is not simply a profile link. Look up what it is and how to get it; simply posting what you think it makes you seem unprofessional)
STEAM_0:0:57897786

Your general online times and your timezone
Holidays ?

Will attempt to be online every day
School Days? 4:00 - 10:00 (May not be directly playing but online)
Greenwich Mean Time Zone (UTC+00:00)

Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?

Trade #25 ⇨ In case of an alternative server with multiple calls, I would visit servers and try to handle the situation. Having little specific knowledge of these servers rules is a disadvantage but Yes I would try my best.

Do you have a microphone? (This is a minimum requirement for Jailbreak admins)
Yes

Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator
Non-reputable or worth mentioning at this point.

Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?
Unfortunately, no I do not have any prior source knowledge

Why should we choose you to be part of our team?
I have good knowledge of the panda trade server rules and how to server functions as a whole. With players wanting to actually trade, to users using it as a deathmatch, the server can get very heated and many players do get "salty" including myself. Unfortunately, in the past, I have let this get the better of me and you will notice I have had many prior punishments toothis application. All I can say is that I wish to make the Panda Trade server a place where all can enjoy. In recent times I have managed to move my anger towards just reporting players straight breaking the rules and not getting as salty, (in my own opinion) although I am aware many will call me out, so I have tried my best to be honest here.

Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.

General Rules

Chat/Mic Spam

⇨Annoucement in chat that it is against the rules to mic/chat spam. Giving prior warning to new users. Users who continue to spam will receive punishments in the following order:
⇨ 120 minutes
⇨ 720 minutes
⇨ 1440 minutes
⇨ 2880 minutes
⇨ Permanent

Offensive Language/insulting

⇨Announcement in chat that Offensive Language and insulting are against the rules to inform new users and giving them a prior warning. Users who continue to spam will receive punishments in the following order
⇨120 minutes
⇨720 minutes
⇨ 1440 minutes
⇨ 2880 minutes
⇨ Permanent

Call Abuse

⇨ If a player uses the !call system whilst admin is present. The user will receive the punishment with no prior warning due to regular chat announcements specifically mentions this rule
⇨300 minutes
⇨900 minutes
⇨1440 minutes
⇨4320 minutes
⇨Permanent

Hacking

⇨Using external software in order to gain advantage within our community is an intolerable offense. The user caught doing so will be recorded using a demo. Then given the punishment
⇨20160 minutes
⇨Evidence passed to Game-sever admin ⇨ Permanent Ban

Advertising Hacks

⇨Advertising external software that gives players an unfair advantage is an intolerable offense. The user caught doing so will be recorded using a demo. Then given the punishment
⇨20160 minutes
⇨Evidence passed to Game-sever admin ⇨ Permanent Ban

Begging for items

If the player is excessively begging for items/Requesting free expensive items. Or random trading users asking for free items, will receive one prior warning that such behavior is not acceptable in our community, they will receive punishments in the following order:
⇨ 120 minutes
⇨720 minutes
⇨ 1440 minutes
⇨ Permanent

Sentry Placement on the roof

Players building sentries on the ledge above/around spawn will be given a prior warning and the sentry will be destroyed. Users who continue will receive punishments in the following order:
⇨ 120 minutes
⇨ 720 minutes
⇨ 1440 minutes
⇨4320 minutes
⇨ Permanent

Building Blocking teleportation Areas

Players using Engineer building in order to block access to teleportation areas will be given a prior warning and the building will be destroyed. Users who continue will receive punishments in the following order:
⇨ 120 minutes
⇨720 minutes
⇨ 1440 minutes
⇨ 4320 minutes
⇨ Permanent

Information

Trade Game.ME
Trade Sessions
Trade Chat
Bans
Communication bans
Steam Profile

Summoning admins:

@Da Random
@alperrt
@Husky

Just a thing I want to mention, using / instead of ! before the commands hides the text message regarding it (not quite sure if you are aware or not). I'm saying this because it makes your chalog look slighly "spammy" with all the "!rtd"'s posted. And the fact that there are quite a few moments where the spacing between messages are reduced to the point of actual spam. I don't think there's any need to post that many "!rtd's" when you are only able to use them every 30 seconds(?) if I'm aware.

• Agree
Reactions: Da Random
Summoning admins:

@Da Random
@alperrt
@Husky

Just a thing I want to mention, using / instead of ! before the commands hides the text message regarding it (not quite sure if you are aware or not). I'm saying this because it makes your chalog look slighly "spammy" with all the "!rtd"'s posted. And the fact that there are quite a few moments where the spacing between messages are reduced to the point of actual spam. I don't think there's any need to post that many "!rtd's" when you are only able to use them every 30 seconds(?) if I'm aware.

I wasn't aware of the / hiding the command. Ill change my bind immediately. I usually just click it when I send my trades. So I guess it may be a bit spammy. My bad.

When I played with magglet on #25 trade he was usually a nice guy and enforcing rules. There is only sometimes that he breaks the rules like insulting and other things. However I think that he would be a nice admin. Another thing however though is that the punishments are very short. Also, the 6th punishment is the permanent ban not the 5th

Small Edit*
Missed Exploit rules and punishments.

Exploiting
Unfortunately due to the large player base and small bugs in the map exploiting is a common thing in trade from players building exits for spies in spawn, to dispenser blocking teleport rooms and glitching players inside buildings.

Punishments will follow in this order
⇨ 120 minutes
⇨ 340 Minutes
⇨ 720 minutes
⇨ 1440 minutes
⇨ Permanent

Your list of comm-blocks are not specified to your SteamID, but only your name. Every block is found HERE.

Your application is very well made, a lot of personalization and thought has clearly gone into it. A really welcoming sight! You're also being honest with your past mistakes and your behaviour, which I myself have noticed a clear difference to. However, like most applications, there is a bit of criticism too.

First off, as stated by @Jimjo, you tend to insult at times in your chatlogs. And not only that, you also have quite a few comm-blocks on record. You have learned from your mistakes, but of course you do have the occasional slip-up in chat with an insult. Nothing too severe, just keep it in mind that you should always recognize when you're getting a little bit too emotional and take a breather.

Another point is your punishment lengths, these are fine in thought, but they are a little too short. Though, that can be expected from someone who isn't quite used to moderating to such a degree like this community has.

Overall, as I've stated in the beginning, this application is very well written. And I think that, with proper mentoring and close monitoring I think you could be given a try.

+0.5.

Edit: Changed my vote to 0.5, due to judgement outside this application.

Last edited:
You have learned from your mistakes, but of course you do have the occasional slip-up in chat with an insult. Nothing too severe, just keep it in mind that you should always recognize when you're getting a little bit too emotional and take a breather.
? ? ?

Thanks for your input man really appreciate it *facepalms

God I am a little screwed.

@Da Random I understand if this changes your +1. I know I am rather bad with my choice of words and am aware it clearly is of admin quality. But thanks for at least noticing I am trying to get better.

• Agree
Reactions: Zeprus
Your list of comm-blocks are not specified to your SteamID, but only your name. Every block is found HERE.

Your application is very well made, a lot of personalization and thought has clearly gone into it. A really welcoming sight! You're also being honest with your past mistakes and your behaviour, which I myself have noticed a clear difference to. However, like most applications, there is a bit of criticism too.

First off, as stated by @Jimjo, you tend to insult at times in your chatlogs. And not only that, you also have quite a few comm-blocks on record. You have learned from your mistakes, but of course you do have the occasional slip-up in chat with an insult. Nothing too severe, just keep it in mind that you should always recognize when you're getting a little bit too emotional and take a breather.

Another point is your punishment lengths, these are fine in thought, but they are a little too short. Though, that can be expected from someone who isn't quite used to moderating to such a degree like this community has.

Overall, as I've stated in the beginning, this application is very well written. And I think that, with proper mentoring and close monitoring I think you could be given a try.

+1.

As you said my punishment lengths are a little short. In which way are they short. Perhaps do they start to low, or not esclate quickly enough. Thanks for the help.

God I am a little screwed.
Don't let your mistakes make you believe you are not qualified for the job. Making mistakes is all a part of being human and trying to fix the past is impossible. All you can do is fix the mistakes of the past, now, which I see you are doing.

From what others are saying about you, you seem like a friendly guy and your dedication to fix mistakes can only mean a good thing.
With respect to your application, your answers were short and to the point which is exactly how an application should be done in my opinion. In exception of your chat log, I personally have nothing critical or negative to say about you. With all things considered I wish you the best of luck with the position!
(My apologies for accidentally voting on your application even though I am not an Admin, the old community I used to be apart of allowed for non-staff as well as normal staff to vote on others' applications, it became a habit of mine which I am now trying to discontinue. Sorry!)

• Optimistic
Reactions: Jimjo and Zeprus
By cooling down a few (dosen) degrees you could avoid the situations where you get provoked to argue for meaningless things for example such as when someone is selling their items for price that they probably will never sell them for (seen this piss you off more than few times actually :^)). It's not forbidden to ask for a higher price than guides suggest, and I know it's annoying to see them try, but you don't need to shove it down their rectum that they are stupid for trying to jack people off with stupid prices (usually in somewhat attacking manner as well).
Other than the temper I'd consider you capable for the job. Some edges just need a tad of shaving off.

+0,793

Don't let your mistakes make you believe you are not qualified for the job. Making mistakes is all a part of being human and trying to fix the past is impossible. All you can do is fix the mistakes of the past, now, which I see you are doing.

From what others are saying about you, you seem like a friendly guy and your dedication to fix mistakes can only mean a good thing.
With respect to your application, your answers were short and to the point which is exactly how an application should be done in my opinion. In exception of your chat log, I personally have nothing critical or negative to say about you. With all things considered I wish you the best of luck with the position!
(My apologies for accidentally voting on your application even though I am not an Admin, the old community I used to be apart of allowed for non-staff as well as normal staff to vote on others' applications, it became a habit of mine which I am now trying to discontinue. Sorry!)
By cooling down a few (dosen) degrees you could avoid the situations where you get provoked to argue for meaningless things for example such as when someone is selling their items for price that they probably will never sell them for (seen this piss you off more than few times actually :^)). It's not forbidden to ask for a higher price than guides suggest, and I know it's annoying to see them try, but you don't need to shove it down their rectum that they are stupid for trying to jack people off with stupid prices (usually in somewhat attacking manner as well).
Other than the temper I'd consider you capable for the job. Some edges just need a tad of shaving off.

+0,793

Thanks for your feedback guys. It is really nice to see.

Zannc/husky private messaged me his vote. Due to his interne not being strong enough to comment.

upload_2017-11-22_12-51-44.png

Last edited:
Pretty much everything has been said above. I have seen him attempting to improve his behaviour and I don't see a problem with him being admin.
Since we are on a weird train of doing +0.etc im just going to do a +1.

View attachment 8757

Zannc/husky private messaged me his vote. Due to his interne not being strong enough to comment.

Omg get the rest of the conversation. What is said by Magglet is true. My internet is acting batshit so :mad:

Applicant has asked me to close the application.

Closed and declined.

EDIT: There has been a misunderstanding, application is opened again.

Last edited:
Sadly, the player has recently been banned and as such the application will be declined.

Closed, for reals this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread