Invalid Loli Police's TX DB Application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loli Police

Donator
- Your name and/or nickname - Loli Police

- Your age - 16

- Your Steam32 ID - STEAM_0:1:83945322, [U:1:167890645], 76561198128156373

- Your general online times and your timezone - 12 PM - 10 PM CST (Central Standard Time)

- Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report? - I play on all of the TX servers and can connect to any of them in a timely manner. Moderator edit: NY Jailbreak

- Do you have a microphone? (This is a minimum requirement for Jailbreak admins) - Yes I do

- Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator - I was a staff manager for a gmod community that died out after the owner stole 200 dollars from his co owner and split. I was an admin for panda on the FF2 server but decided to turn down the position after 3 months of not receiving perms.

- Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod? - I do not but I am a fast learner.

- Why should we choose you to be part of our team? - I should be chosen for the job because I have past experience in being an admin so I know what discipline means. I also am a fast learner for I have learned every ULX command on the gmod server (ULX is the source mod of gmod). I am more available than most other players due to the fact I am currently attending online school.

- Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments. -
3rd: 1,200 minute mute
4th: 2,400 minute mute
5th: 4,800 minute mute
6th: Permanent mute
3rd: 1,200 minute gag
4th: 2,400 minute gag
5th: 4,800 minute gag
6th: Permanent gag
3rd: 2,400 minute mute/gag
4th: 4,800 minute mute/gag
5th: 9,600 minute mute/gag
6th: Permanent mute/gag
Hacking
1st: Permanent ban (Gather evidence to show other admins and for possible ban appeal)
3rd: 1,200 minute gag
4th: 2,400 minute gag
5th: 4,800 minute gag
6th: Permanent gag
3rd: 1,200 minute ban
4th: 2,400 minute ban
5th: 4,800 minute ban
6th: Permanent ban

Offensive names
1st: Warning
2nd: 300 minute ban
3rd: 600 minute ban
4th: 900 minute ban
5th: 1,200 minute ban
3rd: 1,200 minute ban (if for sprays then permanent)

Advertising
2nd: 300 minute mute/gag
3rd: 600 minute mute/gag
4th: 900 minute mute/gag
5th: 1,200 minute mute/gag
6th: Permanent mute/gag
4th: 1,200 minute ban
5th: 2,400 minute ban
3rd: 300 minute ban
4th: 600 minute ban
5th: 1,200 minute ban
5th: 900 minute ban
5th: 900 minute ban

Loli Police
Source Bans : 0
Comms Bans: 1

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Loli, I'm absolutely not surprised to see you have applied for TX DB. I think you are responsible for a number of our calls, which is saying something nowadays considering we get ~five calls per week. Funny how we used to get upwards of fifty per week.

While knowledge of SM experience is not a hard requirement, it is a good thing you are somewhat familiar with console commands.
If and when you are accepted, I will send you my personal trial guide.
This will help you set up all of the appropriate binds you will need to moderate on a DB server, along with further explanation of rules and admin behavior.

I will also make a note that Kevin has been procrastinating on apps, we currently have one valid app which is yet to be accepted after ~two months.
So even if you are accepted by the TX staff, you may not receive permissions for upwards of several months.

Gameme - 4 days.
Sessions - Room for improvement.

@Dio Brando
@Spankyworld
@trash

2nd: 600 minute mute
3rd: 1,200 minute mute
4th: 2,400 minute mute
5th: 4,800 minute mute
6th: Permanent mute

While it's good that you have some form of policy / punishments, I will say your first ban is too long, and your last ban is too short.
(This is not public knowledge, therefore your punishment lengths are not a detriment to your app.)
All communication blocks begin at 60 minutes, and for the US servers, they go up to 10080 (a week) before perma.

Ghosting is not a problem on dodgeball servers, and latespawning is uncommon and more prone to being accidental.

Inappropriate personal content
1st: Warning + spray
2nd: 600 minute ban
3rd: 1,200 minute ban (if for sprays then permanent)

Depends on the content, and use of said content.
When it comes to sprays, you should verbally warn the player, and make 100% sure they have confirmed your warning.
I usually tell players if I see the spray again, they will be spray banned, and wait for a response.
The /admin menu has a useful tool for removing sprays, as well as spray banning.
A spray ban is permanent until you manually remove it. Hence why it's important they acknowledge the warning.

Stealing
1st: Warning + Slay
2nd: Slay

When it comes to stealing, (this is a debated topic), you should always slay + warn at least three times before you ban.
Slay + warning x3 = ban for corresponding ban time.
The autoslay plugin does a lot of the work nowadays, main reason we don't receive very many calls.
That being said, I have taken it upon myself to use a bind that slaps the last stealer instead.
Some situations can be hard to judge, and easier to just slap as a softer warning. Autoslay will get em if they don't adhere.
(Doesn't apply to rocket chasers, spawn rockets, et cetera.)

Blocking/Team killing

Generally when it comes to these issues, I will kick the user first - if I see it happen. Depends on the circumstances, and if or not you believe it was intentional.
If the user comes back and immediately tries to push their luck, then a ban can be applied with no additional warning.
A kick should be enough of a clear message, but you can speak with them to make sure they know what the rule is.
Team killing can occur for an unfortunate amount of reasons, which is why it's important for moderators to be vigilant with their attention.
Rtd, AFK manager, map death, and so forth are all party to TK's, and you should simply revive the victim.

Orbiting too long

Always slap, or freeze to deal with these. If you slay them, you will release a rogue rocket.

Camping as boss
Teaming/Going Afk
Delaying the round
Skipping the trap/ Blocking players
Camping/Spawn camping

^ N/A

Assuming this is a copy-paste from your previous app. DB has it's own specific rule set, and I believe you covered them all.

If I missed anything imperative, or you have additional questions, feel free to PM me or another full for further feedback.

After playing with you for quite some time, I believe you'd make a fine addition to the Texas DB team.

With me having a rather work-heavy schedule at the moment, I'm unfortunately not able to be on the server as much as I'd like to, so having someone readily available to look after the server is wonderful. You warn players about rules consistently, either via voice-chat or chat itself, and around 90% of all recent calls have been made by you. Given that, as Prick stated, we hardly receive calls anymore, it's a wonderful sign that you take the initiative and report people who are disobeying rules.

Your personality is pretty good, and I don't believe I've seen and/or heard you be toxic to any of the player-base whatsoever. Overall, I'm glad that you decided to apply for adminship over the Texas DB server, and I'd be more than happy to add you to our team.

+1 from me. Good luck.

Reactions: Madact
Proposed something in private about this, as TX db was not officially listed as an available position.
Assuming both spanky and trash are too inactive to even make a feedback post, I'm going to wrap this under review. I've added the server onto available positions, feel free to change TX DB fulls if you disagree.
Sessions look all right, your chat is full of binds though. They're spaced so it's not so bad but jesus it's too much. Anything punishment wise has been covered by Pricholas

As stated just below as I've seen from Zeprus

Should NY Jailbreak not be in need of more admins disregard this.

And pretty sure @Roar will agree, we're pretty much full up sorry. I'm surprised he didn't ask an actual jb admin though about this. Even a trial would tell you we're full up.

So TX DB only still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread