Little Update (1 Viewer)

Kevin

Owner
Staff member
Founder
Ohai,

i just wanted to give all of you a little update regarding the things that are going on.

first of all i want to apologise to all of you for the past weeks where some people tried to contact me or wanted something from me but havent got a reply from me aswell that i couldnt take that much care about the servers regarding of new content and bugfixes.

the thing is just that i've had 10 weeks vocational school and i've been very busy with studying for upcoming exams/tests and when i had some spare time left i've either played some games to relax or just slept.

i've had a lot of ideas but simply not the time to complete them or well said to start properly working on them. (mainly just played in critical updates aswell as tf2 updates to keep the server stable)

that said i think its also on time to give a huge thank you to my team that stands behind me and the community itself through all of the weeks and the events that happend, i really appreciate it and i am glad that i have all of you guys! (@Gameserver Admin @Trial Gameserver Admin @Ron)
i might've been rude to some people but i hope thus know that it wasnt ment that way as i said it. (focused on activity/calladmin stuff)

there is a lot of stuff to catch up to get back on track and i hope i get this done by this weekend/next week. (admin apps, updates, new content etc.)

i have a lot of ideas and plans for the upcoming weeks to get more fresh content towards panda and aswell kinda "revive it" with an new forum style and maybe also an new logo. mainly to give you guys some new fancy stuff to play around and also to ofc. attract more people and to rise the fun factor up again.

i have already started with some stuff (infact of updates/new stuff) as example i've opened an new USA Server running the MGE plugin as it seems to be very popular on the EU side so i thought i give it a shot in the US since there is nothing to lose.

other upcoming things are:
  • Forum (Theme/Logo/Plugins) - you guys can leave me some feedback and ofc. share your opinions based on that and maybe i can build up onto that and come up with something nice and fancy.
  • Donations (Methods/Prices/Automation/Perks) - i need to admit that the prices arent really realistic anymore in 2016 so i should've update this aswell the perks and the methods of how to donate stuff and come up with some nice custom panel possibly (you can ofc. share your thoughts with me and leave me feedback about the perks and in general the idea of new prices)
  • Location/Region (Gameservers) - there will probably be soon more servers available in regions down asia and maybe aswell australia/south us as i want to test out more regions to attract more players there (as there is nothing lost anyways)
  • Content (Maps/Gamemodes/Games) - general update of the maps and aswell of the gamemodes we offer (fixing bugs etc.) maybe also soon starting expanding on the CSGO scene (surf/dr/mg) i am not really sure yet about it, depends more on the feedback of you guys what you want.
  • Administrative Stuff - mainly optimising the process of the admin applications and in general staff related parts as promotions and so on.

seems like this thread already ended up being bigger than i expected :p
i hope it gave a short view on why i havent been so active the past weeks and why some might not have recieved answers on their apps/questions, i am trying to catch up on all of them just give me a little bit of time.

hope to also gain some constructive feedback on the points i said above, it would really help alot as its in the end still a community which relays on you peps and on your feedback to make it better (atleast thats my view on that)

thanks for reading. :nekoheart:

I'm looking forward to this a lot ;o; Mainly for getting things done but the new features mentioned I'm extremely interested in what you have in store for us. All I can say is welcome fully back Kevin :grouphug: Hope your exams / work went great.

usa jailbreak pls ayyy no don't do it pls

Oh and since it was mentioned recently on a server.
@Kevin can you re-add the Fake/Force commands? Some of them are (utility-wise) useful (also everyone found them funny).

• Agree
Reactions: Aokigahara
cool

and please add back the fake and force command access, pl0x

Reactions: Kmod
Should make trails and killstreak effects work, and /resizme commands for full admins. Donators and Trials should get a /colorme command or make killstreak effects work.

For donations, I think you should raise the prices by making the lowest payment 9€ (er um, around $10 or 5-6 keys). And you just build up from there by $5 each 3-5 months.

Reactions: Kevin
DarkRP pls

On a serious note about this:

Maintaining Garry's Mod servers is a lot more complicated than games like TF2 or CS:GO, due to a couple of reasons.

• They use more resources (due to props and the big maps)
  • Administrating a DarkRP server is like a full time job if there's players, and after a while admins will go crazy.
  • Patching all exploits and perfecting all the permissions takes a long time.
  • $$$, unless we're going to use leaked plugins (which we won't), getting plugins and addons we need is expensive, and there's no promise the server will even succeed.
And until we'll address every issue and find a way to get around it, I don't see Garry's Mod servers happening (at least not DarkRP or any other custom gamemode)

I also think we need a couple more American servers like Smash Bros, MvM, Surf, and Hightower plspls.

American servers should be located in Chigaco, it'll somewhat give players better ping than the average 75-90 (I'm assuming the servers are located in TX)

I'm thinking about trial admins should get around 2-5 months and then from there, either other full admins or the owner can decide whether or not, they should be promoted to full administration.

Reactions: Deep
You don't have to apologize. Being able to study or generally being able to concentrate on school is way more important than maintaining some servers. You did it the right way so don't apologize for that.:grouphug:

• Dislike
Reactions: Fiescha
  • Forum (Theme/Logo/Plugins) - you guys can leave me some feedback and ofc. share your opinions based on that and maybe i can build up onto that and come up with something nice and fancy.

I hate when my little creative skiffa gets ideas for the new logo :c

• Funny
Reactions: Deep

Users who are viewing this thread