Declined LGKA rule change for JB (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Meatloaf

Hi everybody, my name is Meatloaf, I play on JB a lot, and I'm definitely invested in the server, so I'm posting a suggestion to change the rules to hopefully make the server a bit better.

Last week I was guard banned for giving a death request to a RED when I was Last Guard. I'm not upset about the ban as I was breaking the rules as they currently stand, however it inspired me to post this suggestion to hopefully change the rules.

The rule for Last Guards as it currently stands is this:

"The last Guard alive in team BLU may kill all the remaining Red players including Freedays, this means that all the Red players can't be "freekilled" by this Guard."

I am proposing a change that would allow the last guard alive on BLU team to give a Death Request to non-rebelling reds/freedays in a way that wouldn't cause any more round delay than a normal death request. My proposed change would look like this. (I outlined changes with brackets):

"The last Guard alive [on] team BLU [must] kill all the remaining Red players including Freedays, this means that all the Red players can't be "freekilled" by this Guard.
[If there are no rebellers/reds hiding shortly after a BLU becomes last Guard, the last guard may optionally give remaining non-rebelling reds a death request, or allow them to continue a death request they already started. If there are rebellers/reds hiding after a BLU becomes last guard, the last guard should kill all Red players including Freedays to prevent round delay.]"

I'll admit the wording probably doesn't look the best, I'm not a poet. Maybe people below have a better idea of how to structure this rule that keeps the same principle, and that's totally fine. The basic idea of the rule is that if the last guard is left with only non-rebelling reds or freedays they have the option (it's up to the guard's discretion) to give the remaining players a death request. However, if rebellers or reds were hiding around the map, the last guard should just kill everybody. This is because if you leave non rebelling reds to go kill rebelling reds, you basically just end up with two sets of rebellers, and the round will probably be delayed further.

Anyway let me know what you guys think, and let me know if you have ideas to change the rule in a similar manner that hopefully sounds better.

I don't think this should be implemented. LGKA is designed to prevent round delay. There are no more objectives now that the warden is dead other than kill or be killed. Especially with crits gone, it is an incentive (a forced one, if you will), to get the round moving and ready for the already dead players to play again in a new round. With your rule change suggestion, it will honestly just end as lgka anyways 9.5 times out of 10. Very rarely will the warden do something dumb and kill themselves denying DR (like Bob did in your report) or dr is already in progress with something like unfair jeopardy. Otherwise, warden dies to a rebel, so by your rule change it would be lgka anyways but with extra steps.

It is a pointless addition that will happen so rarely that it doesn't make sense to have a rule to change it. If the last blue isn't warden, just kill everyone. If you want to be fun and do RPS or a melee fight with the last red, you can do that, but adding a DR is a confusing addition that won't happen enough to be helpful.

"The last Guard alive in team BLU ***MAY*** kill all the remaining Red players"
"Last Guard Kills All means that the last Guard on team BLU ***CAN*** kill everyone without freekilling players."

"The gamemode will display a message "last Guard kills all" if all of the Warden's Guards has been killed."

the wording in the rules make no god damn sense

Hi everybody, my name is Meatloaf, I play on JB a lot, and I'm definitely invested in the server, so I'm posting a suggestion to change the rules to hopefully make the server a bit better.

Last week I was guard banned for giving a death request to a RED when I was Last Guard. I'm not upset about the ban as I was breaking the rules as they currently stand, however it inspired me to post this suggestion to hopefully change the rules.

The rule for Last Guards as it currently stands is this:

"The last Guard alive in team BLU may kill all the remaining Red players including Freedays, this means that all the Red players can't be "freekilled" by this Guard."

I am proposing a change that would allow the last guard alive on BLU team to give a Death Request to non-rebelling reds/freedays in a way that wouldn't cause any more round delay than a normal death request. My proposed change would look like this. (I outlined changes with brackets):

"The last Guard alive [on] team BLU [must] kill all the remaining Red players including Freedays, this means that all the Red players can't be "freekilled" by this Guard.
[If there are no rebellers/reds hiding shortly after a BLU becomes last Guard, the last guard may optionally give remaining non-rebelling reds a death request, or allow them to continue a death request they already started. If there are rebellers/reds hiding after a BLU becomes last guard, the last guard should kill all Red players including Freedays to prevent round delay.]"

I'll admit the wording probably doesn't look the best, I'm not a poet. Maybe people below have a better idea of how to structure this rule that keeps the same principle, and that's totally fine. The basic idea of the rule is that if the last guard is left with only non-rebelling reds or freedays they have the option (it's up to the guard's discretion) to give the remaining players a death request. However, if rebellers or reds were hiding around the map, the last guard should just kill everybody. This is because if you leave non rebelling reds to go kill rebelling reds, you basically just end up with two sets of rebellers, and the round will probably be delayed further.

Anyway let me know what you guys think, and let me know if you have ideas to change the rule in a similar manner that hopefully sounds better.
It wouldn't make sense giving dr when you kill other non rebeling reds, but if a warden and the other guards die due to a rebeler when they're giving dr I think it should be fair to continue the dr and kill the red after he finishes his dr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread