Accepted Kyro Admin Application for US 2Fort (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyro

Username: Kyro

Steam32 ID: STEAM_0:1:54235818

Your age: 21

Current playtime on relevant server(s):

HLStats for US 2Fort (8 Days)

Link to your Sourcebans record:

Bans
Comm Bans

Server to are applying for:

US 2Fort

General online times & time zone:

CST (-6 UTC)
Given I do work and am currently a university student, I generally hop on later in the nights on weekdays or weekends, with some midday activity on free weekends or clear days. Generally, I seem to be available at times the server is at it's peak hours(I almost always see it at 31/32 players)

Do you have a working microphone?:

Yes, and though I don't use it too frequently given the nature of some users that frequent, I am more than willing to use it more in a leadership role.

Previous experience as Admin or Moderator:

Aside from discord moderation in several instances, I was for a while an Admin of the SG Jailbreak server where I frequented for a long time. I am somewhat familiar with Sourcemod as a result, though it has admittedly been a bit since I worked there, so I would probably need a refresher on what commands are available and accessible on the Panda servers.

What would you say makes you a suitable candidate?:

On the whole, I feel like it works out well that I have moderated a tf2 server before and have used Sourcemod, giving me some familiarity with it as it seems to be what Panda uses as well. My time zone is probably not the biggest help, however I have noticed in particularly busy hours, things have a habit of getting toxic or unruly without an admin. This isn't to disparage the current staff, it honestly just seems like there might be too few for the server, which leads to personnel hesitancy in most cases to use /call for cases where the most people are doing is just using offensive language or being toxic in chats. With that said, my interest in applying is to try and help remedy this issue, to give another active presence to help keep these particular issues under control.

The biggest offenses I typically see are the use of slurs or other offensive language to disparage or harass other users if not just to outright insult. This one is easy in my mind, assuming they don't have a record of previous activity, my ideal solution is to mute and gag the user for a period of time, increasing with severity for repeated offenses or the content of the infringement( Ie, a smaller mute for someone simply being toxic without slurs, a longer one for repeated use of slurs). With that said, the previous server i moderated had an official set amount of time to mute and gag per amount of offenses or severity of offense, and I would be sure to consult you all on this first before anything else. Other offenses don't seem as common, and smaller ones such as inappropriate sprays seem like they are easily taken care of with warnings and removing the spray through sourcemod. I've seen other admins such as Emma issue punishments and use commands before so I have a good idea of how these would work.

I've grown to become familiar with the userbase that tends to frequent the server over the past few months I've been playing, and have a general idea of what would need to be moderated and given punishment versus what would simply need me to vocally warn folks to chill out. Most of the folks who come on are either: competitive and simply want to deathmatch and play well, and sometimes get too aggressive, or are friendly and casual and can get either pissy about getting killed or become the targets of those more aggressive. A lot of these people don't seem willing to call admins when users are getting more aggressive, and it doesn't seem like many people are encouraged to on 2fort specifically since the better players all tend to gang up on those they decide they don't like.

Quick addendum since I might have misunderstand the intent behind suggesting policies and punishments, here's what I would generally go by unless instructed otherwise.

Spam In chat/Voice
1. Warn
2. Gag/Mute 60 Minutes
3. Gag/Mute 720 minutes
4. Gag/Mute 1440 minutes
5. Gag/Mute 10080 minutes
6. Perma Gag/Mute

Harassment/Toxicity
1. Warn
2. Gag/Mute 60 Minutes
3. Gag/Mute 720 minutes
4. Gag/Mute 1440 minutes
6. Perma Gag/Mute

Racism
1. Warn
2. Gag/Mute 60 Minutes
3. Gag/Mute 720 minutes
4. Gag/Mute 1440 minutes
6. Perma Gag/Mute/Ban

NSFW Sprays/Objectors
1. Warn
2. Perm Spray Banned

NSFW Profile
1. Warm
2. Ban 60 minutes
3. Ban 720 minutes
4. Ban 1440 minutes
5. Ban 10080 minutes
6. Perma Ban

Cheating/Hacking
1. Perma Ban

Reactions: Zee
Hey Kyro, It’s great to see someone from the US 2fort crowd finally step up into the forums, Usually we have to convince them to even try and appeal their bans and even then the game mode is entirely unserious and simplistic for most folks to bother and touch the website, which is understandable.

This makes me want to touch on your forum activity, Which is to say its non-existent, but I don’t really think its quite the metric to gauge out a potential admin, Emmathatsme, the other trial for US 2fort doesn’t touch this place unless she absolutely has to and she does fantastically as an admin.

It’s 2Fort, Nothing really convoluted to know in the conduct there, No weird rules that require a strict reinforcement like other gamemodes, Just don’t cheat and be nice.

Which you have been, Your chat history is clean and after having a chat with some regulars who recognize you their reaction has been consistently positive and of praise, It is quite the image I would see personally of an admin that is great, having a positive outlook amongst regulars can go a long way.

It’s great that a emphasize your clean chat history, as that has been quite the decider in alot of other applications and I personally know how scrutinizing toxicity can come your way when you remotely have any pronouns in your profile or name.

One thing I would like to see you address before I can give you my vote is your punishment stacking, I have been harped about my reaction to those in the past but don’t you think jumping from 1 hour to 12 on the excessive or inconsistent side, I’d love to hear your reasoning to choosing that type, In the end it depends on how you deal with the rowdy bunch than really your punishments.

Cheer.

Reactions: Kyro
Hey Kyro, It’s great to see someone from the US 2fort crowd finally step up into the forums, Usually we have to convince them to even try and appeal their bans and even then the game mode is entirely unserious and simplistic for most folks to bother and touch the website, which is understandable.

One thing I would like to see you address before I can give you my vote is your punishment stacking, I have been harped about my reaction to those in the past but don’t you think jumping from 1 hour to 12 on the excessive or inconsistent side, I’d love to hear your reasoning to choosing that type, In the end it depends on how you deal with the rowdy bunch than really your punishments.
Thanks Zee! I mentioned it in the discord but yeah before applying I didn't even know reports on the forum were a thing, Which I probably would have taken advantage of at least a few times had I known. Given the more chill nature of a 24/7 2fort server though I never felt a huge incentive to move to the forum or discord, for sure.

As for the punishment times, it took me a little bit of time to settle on those. I initially had a jump from 1 hour to 6, but saw in another application someone mention a sort of 5 tier punishment system. I wanted to try and reflect that, as myy impression was to aim for the 5th "punishment" to be the perma option. With that in mind, my thought process was, 1 hour for the first, and 12 hours would in effect be similar to a 6 hour ban as taking up a large chunk of one day. Its something I could easily go the other way on, when I did Admin work for SG, I personally went from 1 hour, to 6, to 24, and so on.

And I could totally be misinterpreting the 5 step thing i had seen anyways, and if so i would definitely have a few more "steps" in between 1 hour and 12, probably 1, to 3, maybe then to 6 before 12 but that may be too many.

Either way, Thanks for the feedback!

Quick addendum since I might have misunderstand the intent behind suggesting policies and punishments, here's what I would generally go by unless instructed otherwise.

Correcting this, it was indeed 5 punishments BEFORE perma, quick adjustment to compensate, adding a 6 hour period and removing the 24 hour one.
Spam In chat/Voice
1. Warn
2. Gag/Mute 60 Minutes
3. Gag/Mute 360 minutes
4. Gag/Mute 720 minutes
6. Gag/Mute 43200 minutes
7. Perma Gag/Mute

Harassment/Toxicity
1. Warn
2. Gag/Mute 60 Minutes
3. Gag/Mute 360 minutes
4. Gag/Mute 720 minutes
7. Perma Gag/Mute

Racism
1. Warn
2. Gag/Mute 60 Minutes
3. Gag/Mute 360 minutes
4. Gag/Mute 720 minutes
7. Perma Gag/Mute

NSFW Sprays/Objectors
1. Warn
2. Perm Spray Banned

NSFW Profile
1. Warn
2. Ban 60 Minutes
3. Ban 360 minutes
4. Ban 720 minutes
5. Ban 10080 minutes
6. Ban 43200 minutes
7. Perma Ban

Cheating/Hacking
1. Perma Ban

Reactions: Bananawastaken
After a productive discord conversation, I can finally give out my absolutely mysterious vote.

+1

Howdy!

I may just be bad at remembering names, or bad a playing consistently, but I don't remember seeing you too much–I'll just assume this is a problem on my end though lol. From what I've heard by my associates you are a nice person and player, so I will give you a +1 on my end :)

After chatting with Loli Police and Baka to make sure they don't have anything to say, which they don't, I can put this under review.

Any questions or inactivity during under review please let me know. Good luck ::):

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread