Declined Ketteii's Jailbreak (NY) Application. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dandy

Your name and/or nickname:
My name is Ketteii. A few people call me Kett-tea or Kett-tie, but it's really Kett-tay. But I don't really mind. A few even call me Kettle, for simplicity's sake.

Your age:
I am seventeen.

Who gave you permission to apply?
Unnecessary.

Your Steam32 ID:
STEAM_0:1:51455103

Your general online times and your timezone:
I don't like to give general online times, seeing as how they do somewhat misinterpret what 'activity' generally is. However, I'm usually on Panda's JB servers at any time from 9:00 PM to 2:30 AM. All Eastern Standard Time (EST).

Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?
I typically play on Jailbreak servers. However, I did hop on the Dodgeball servers a couple times. I could visit the Dodgeball servers if needed, in addition to simpler servers like Trade, whom don't really have any massive specific rules.

Do you have a microphone?
Yes. Note, I use my microphone more than I use the chat interface.

Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator:
If this is asking specifically about administrative experience, you could go back to 2013, when I joined xTcR (now a defunct community, but once the best JB servers out there). I got to L3, the third level (out of four), then switched to the Garry's Mod side of that community. Within six months, I had popped up to DL, Divisional Leader, which is essentially an owner position without physically owning anything.

I left xTcR in early 2016, and joined a community called TangoWorldWide in October of the same year. Within a month, I had become Admin for their Murder (Garry's Mod) server. Two or three weeks later, I received global Elite Admin across Garry's Mod servers hosted by Tango.

Resigned in July or so, in large part due to boredom. Headed to Tango's Dodgeball for about a month before the server was updated, and the heavily customized plugins broke. Server died, and I resigned. I created Tango's TF2 Dodgeball admin quiz, and mentored several admins for both the Garry's Mod and TF2 divisions. I was also a Website Moderator for TangoWorldWide for a period of two months - monitoring posts and keeping the forums clear of situations violating Tango's CoCPE.

Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?
I do, but it's antiquated, and I'm extremely rusty. Considering most admins (even back then) just use(d) the admin menu, I doubt it'll be much of an obstacle.

Why should we choose you to be part of our team?
This is a difficult question to fully answer without tooting one's own horn a bit.. I've got experience with general admining as a whole, experience as a developer, and definitive familiarity with Jailbreak as a whole - four years of it at this point.

The server desperately needs an active admin at this current moment; otherwise, I would not be applying for a position. I still do occasionally "freekill" (never intentionally and never without true justification), and I am a sneaky warden with my usage of Simon Says and unconventional (at least it's not the same copy-paste commands that the vast majority of wardens give) commands, which oftentimes catch people unawares and spawn multiple complaints of freekill, douchebaggery, and being a shit BLU.

The server currently is suffering from an incredible amount of senseless harassment, unintelligible screaming and bickering, arguing, freekill, and otherwise just general rule breaking. Having a report established and pushed through on players who violate rules isn't enough to stop it. These are the only TF2 community-run servers that I play on, and seeing the servers suffer (in terms of community) like this is a painful experience. More than one admin is needed, more than five admins are needed. Jailbreak is a server that benefits from a large staff pool that's available to draw upon. Having two or three isn't enough.

Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.
The vast majority of cases require at least one warning, very often two, with a clear explanation given to the rule violator. The following assumes I've already given whatever prerequisites the situation may call for, whether it be one or two warnings.

There are a ton of situations, so I'll try and keep it brief.
  • General Rules.
- Offensive behavior.
Usually this calls for two to three warnings, as people oftentimes aren't aware of their continuous negative attitude towards X individual.

Gag or mute for 60 minutes.
Gag or mute for 240 minutes.
Gag or mute for 720 minutes.
Gag or mute for 1080 minutes.
Gag or mutes for 2880 minutes.
Gag or mute permanently.

If they've got an offensive name, usually a warning is enough to handle it. If not:

Kick.
Kick.
Ban for 1440.
Ban for 2880.

- Communications spam.
These situations do vary on a case by case basis. Let's assume that my warning was heard, and understood.

Gag or mute for 1440 minutes.
Gag or mute for 2880 minutes.
Gag or mute permanently.

- Non-English speaking.
Unfortunate that the individual likely wouldn't understand, but then again, they're usually either trolling or irrelevant for the gamemode.

Gag or mute for 120 minutes.
Gag or mute for 900 minutes.

- Ghosting.
These cases are difficult to tell, but almost always let themselves go within a short time span.

Warn when suspected.
Warn when confirmed.
Kick.
Ban for 720 minutes.
Ban for 1440 minutes.
Ban for 2880 minutes.
Ban permanently.

- Hacking & scripting.

Ban for 1440 minutes (and notify someone higher than me).
Ban permanently.

Scripting is a bit different tho'.

Warn.
Ban for 720 minutes.
Ban for 1440 minutes.
Ban for 2880 minutes.
Ban permanently.

- Baiting.

Warn.
Warn.
Slay.
Slay.
Guard ban for 120 minutes.
Guard ban for 240 minutes.
Guard ban for 720 minutes.
Guard ban for 1440 minutes.
Guard ban for 2880 minutes.
Guard ban permanently.

- Real-life threatening.
This would not apply for obvious memeing or joking. If it seems serious enough, the following would apply - otherwise, it wouldn't.

Warn.
Gag or mute permanently.

- Begging.
This is presuming I've already warned them at least once.

Warn.
Warn.
Gag or mute for 120 minutes.

- Advertising.

Warn.
Gag or mute permanently.

- Impersonation.

Warn.
Ban for 60 minutes.
Ban for 720 minutes.
Ban for 1440 minutes.

- Call abuse.
This is heavily dependent on a case by case basis. Asking to limit it is kinda iffy.
Warn.
Ban for 60 minutes.
Ban for 240 minutes.
Ban for 1440 minutes.

• Jailbreak rules.
- No microphone on BLU team.
More often than not, these are people who've never played Jailbreak before. So, typically, they don't really know the rules regarding the mic requirement. This means you've got be more helpful than enforcing.

Warn.
Permanent guard ban.

- Unclear microphone usage on BLU.
Generally static mics, or mics here they're quiet. Or even mics where they're just not there. It doesn't particularly matter.

Warn. (Fix your mic!)
Guard ban for 1440.

- Freehitting.
Usual freehitting is done with friends, so an admin coming on over and saying "Stop freehitting!" and ruining that camaraderie isn't really appreciated. However, they do have to accept the server rules. A balance of leniency and maintaining server rules in such situations. If it's true freehitting, then normal procedure.

Warn.
Slay.
Slay.
Guard ban for 60 minutes.
Guard ban for 360 minutes.

Airblasting is different from typical freehitting - the intent is important. Sometimes people airblast simply to help slower people get where they need to go. This would call for a more lenient action, while stricter action would be warranted for true freehitting or disruption.

Warn.
Warn.
Slay.
Guard ban for 180 minutes.

- Baiting.
Again, a strong case by case situation. Each case calls for something different. Things like baiting, in my opinion, would never call for incredibly strict or permanent punishments - it's unavoidable.

Warn.
Warn.
Slay.
Warn.

- Force Rebelling via Baiting (on purpose).

Warn & slay.
Slay.

- Unintentional Freekill.
Case-by-case. Not much to say.

Warn & respawn.
Slay & respawn.

- Freekill.

Slay & respawn. (Note, I'm not sure if respawn would be preferred here, but hey.)
Slay & respawn.

- Mass freekill.

Guard ban for 720 minutes. (Respawn?)
Guard ban permanently.

- Teamkill.

Respawn.
Slay & respawn.
Guard ban for 900 minutes.

- Favoritism.
This never really goes far enough to issue a real punishment beyond a slay or a short guard ban.

Warn.
Slay.

- Round sabotage.
Whether it be opening doors, cancelling a minigame at start of a round, or somehow ruining the round. Shouldn't ever really be a major issue, as it only affects one round.

Warn.
Slay.
Guard ban for 720 minutes if intent was to sabotage and be cancerous.
Guard ban for 1440 minutes if intent was to sabotage and be cancerous.

- Warden failing.
This constitutes as being a warden and being any of the following (and more, but they aren't fresh in my head):

An unoriginal or repetitive warden - though this isn't a rule by any means, it's generally a good idea to have proper wardens with original, creative commands. This means that no action would usually ever be taken, but encouragement would be provided.

Warn.
Warn.

A continually disconnecting (and rejoining) warden.

Guard ban for 240 minutes.

- Bodyblocking.

Warn.
Slay.
Guard ban for 45 minutes (when applicable {such as in cases of blocking RED's progress in minigames}).

Other:

I am loose with things such as baiting for the sole reason as that they are unavoidable - to enforce those aspects of Jailbreak, they hinder gameplay of the core gamemode.

I generally view myself as a more lenient type of administrator when it comes to action; to me, the purpose of being an admin is to defuse potentially bad situations and prevent them from ever occurring (again). Which is why I advocate warning more than I advocate punishing.

Some of these may be incorrect or completely faulty - tell me. I'd like to know so that I'd never make that mistake.

Apologies if the app is massive. It's Jailbreak, after all.

Last edited:
I have seen how this player acts on the server he is geniunly friendly and tries to enforce the rules and he uses hs mic often and his punishments seem good (I think you should make them a bit harsher though), best of all he has no emotion and doesn't insult when other people insult him, and him having experience in using source mod and administrating will really help out.

The app is now open. There was a little error. Nothing to worry about.

@Husky

We need your feedback please. If not, please PM on the forums.

Reactions: Kyl3 and yaso
I haven't seen much of him, most likely because we probably play at different times, but what I have seen of him has been great. We also Have a MAJOR lack of admins for the NY jailbreak server right now

He's a really nice guy. Perfect admin material if I say so myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread