Declined Ketteii's 2nd Jailbreak Application (NY). (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dandy

- Your name and/or nickname:
Ketteii.

- Your age:
Seventeen.

- Who gave you permission to apply?:
Nobody.

- Your Steam32 ID:
STEAM_0:1:51455103.

- Your general online times and your timezone:
Eastern Standard Time (EST). I don't like to give general activity times, as they do fluctuate quite a bit. I am maintaining a 40-hour work week.

- Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for?:
Panda's NY Jailbreak.

- Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?:

I would visit other servers, but only for general rules (until I familiarize myself with those servers' rules) such as micspam, insulting, etcetera, as I'd be unsure of the gamemode's nuances.

- Do you have a microphone?:
Yes.

- Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator:
An in-depth history of my past experience as an administrator or moderator can be found on my previous application, here.

I've been a web moderator for the two communities I've been a member of. Garry's Mod Divisional Leader (essentially a archetypal owner in all but financial issues) for one of them, Elite Admin across all Garry's Mod servers for the other. Roughly three years of experience administrating Jailbreak servers.

- Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?:
Yes, though I'm undoubtedly rusty. ULX and limited RCON as well.

- Why should we choose you to be part of our team?:
An in-depth, still relatively relevant answer can be found on my previous application, found here. It pretty much covers all bases, and any words I put here would merely be the same statements, with slightly altered wording.

- Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.

Anything between the wildcard (%) symbols is taken from my previous application.

All instances of rule-breaking operate on a case-by-case basis. Assuming I've gone through initial warnings and they're not entirely new to the gamemode, the following applies.

% - Start of copied area.

General rules:

- Offensive behavior.
Usually this calls for two to three warnings, as people oftentimes aren't aware of their continuous negative attitude towards X individual.

Gag or mute for 60 minutes.
Gag or mute for 240 minutes.
Gag or mute for 720 minutes.
Gag or mute for 1080 minutes.
Gag or mutes for 2880 minutes.
Gag or mute permanently.

If they've got an offensive name, usually a warning is enough to handle it. If not:

Kick.
Kick.
Ban for 1440.
Ban for 2880.

- Communications spam.
These situations do vary on a case by case basis. Let's assume that my warning was heard, and understood.

Gag or mute for 1440 minutes.
Gag or mute for 2880 minutes.
Gag or mute permanently.

- Non-English speaking.
Unfortunate that the individual likely wouldn't understand, but then again, they're usually either trolling or irrelevant for the gamemode.

Gag or mute for 120 minutes.
Gag or mute for 900 minutes.

- Ghosting.
These cases are difficult to tell, but almost always let themselves go within a short time span.

Warn when suspected.
Warn when confirmed.
Kick.
Ban for 720 minutes.
Ban for 1440 minutes.
Ban for 2880 minutes.
Ban permanently.

- Hacking & scripting.

Ban for 1440 minutes (and notify someone higher than me).
Ban permanently.

Scripting is a bit different tho':

Warn.
Ban for 720 minutes.
Ban for 1440 minutes.
Ban for 2880 minutes.
Ban permanently.

- Baiting.

Warn.
Warn.
Slay.
Slay.
Guard ban for 120 minutes.
Guard ban for 240 minutes.
Guard ban for 720 minutes.
Guard ban for 1440 minutes.
Guard ban for 2880 minutes.
Guard ban permanently.

- Real-life threatening.
This would not apply for obvious memeing or joking. If it seems serious enough, the following would apply - otherwise, it wouldn't.

Warn.
Gag or mute permanently.

- Begging.
This is presuming I've already warned them at least once.

Warn.
Warn.

- Advertising.

Warn.
Gag or mute permanently.

- Impersonation.

Warn.
Ban for 60 minutes.
Ban for 720 minutes.
Ban for 1440 minutes.

- Call abuse.
This is heavily dependent on a case by case basis. Asking to limit it is kinda iffy.
Warn.
Ban for 60 minutes.
Ban for 240 minutes.
Ban for 1440 minutes.

Jailbreak-specific rules:

- No microphone on BLU team.
More often than not, these are people who've never played Jailbreak before. So, typically, they don't really know the rules regarding the mic requirement. This means you've got be more helpful than enforcing.

Warn.
Permanent guard ban.

- Unclear microphone usage on BLU.
Generally static mics, or mics here they're quiet. Or even mics where they're just not there. It doesn't particularly matter.

Warn. (Fix your mic!)
Guard ban for 1440.

- Freehitting.
Usual freehitting is done with friends, so an admin coming on over and saying "Stop freehitting!" and ruining that camaraderie isn't really appreciated. However, they do have to accept the server rules. A balance of leniency and maintaining server rules in such situations. If it's true freehitting, then normal procedure.

Warn.
Slay.
Slay.
Guard ban for 60 minutes.
Guard ban for 360 minutes.

Airblasting is different from typical freehitting - the intent is important. Sometimes people airblast simply to help slower people get where they need to go. This would call for a more lenient action, while stricter action would be warranted for true freehitting or disruption.

Warn.
Warn.
Slay.
Guard ban for 180 minutes.

- Baiting.
Again, a strong case by case situation. Each case calls for something different. Things like baiting, in my opinion, would never call for incredibly strict or permanent punishments - it's unavoidable.

Warn.
Warn.
Slay.
Warn.

- Force Rebelling via Baiting (on purpose).

Warn & slay.
Slay.

- Unintentional Freekill.
Case-by-case. Not much to say.

Warn & respawn.
Slay & respawn.

- Freekill.

Slay & respawn. (Note, I'm not sure if respawn would be preferred here, but hey.)
Slay & respawn.

- Mass freekill.

Guard ban for 720 minutes. (Respawn?)
Guard ban permanently.

- Teamkill.

Respawn.
Slay & respawn.
Guard ban for 900 minutes.

- Favoritism.
This never really goes far enough to issue a real punishment beyond a slay or a short guard ban.

Warn.
Slay.

- Round sabotage.
Whether it be opening doors, cancelling a minigame at start of a round, or somehow ruining the round. Shouldn't ever really be a major issue, as it only affects one round.

Warn.
Slay.
Guard ban for 720 minutes if intent was to sabotage and be cancerous.
Guard ban for 1440 minutes if intent was to sabotage and be cancerous.

- Warden failing.
This constitutes as being a warden and being any of the following (and more, but they aren't fresh in my head):

An unoriginal or repetitive warden - though this isn't a rule by any means, it's generally a good idea to have proper wardens with original, creative commands. This means that no action would usually ever be taken, but encouragement would be provided.

Warn.
Warn.

A continually disconnecting (and rejoining) warden.

- Bodyblocking.

Warn.
Slay.
Guard ban for 45 minutes (when applicable {such as in cases of blocking RED's progress in minigames}).

I am loose with things such as baiting for the sole reason as that they are unavoidable - to enforce those aspects of Jailbreak, they hinder gameplay of the core gamemode.

I generally view myself as a more lenient type of administrator when it comes to action; to me, the purpose of being an admin is to defuse potentially bad situations and prevent them from ever occurring (again). Which is why I advocate warning more than I advocate punishing.

Some of these may be incorrect or completely faulty - tell me. I'd like to know so that I'd never make that mistake.

Apologies if the app is massive. It's Jailbreak, after all.

% - End of copied area.

I'm aware that my punishments likely don't meet the standards or presets done by the current administrative team. I hope that will be covered by a training post-application if I am accepted, as there's no way for me to know the specifics of the disciplinary measures.

If I may add one final thing, there are loads of instances on the server in which there are questions raised regarding rules. One of the primary focuses that I would pursue if accepted would be to update the Jailbreak rules (every time a point is raised in which there is conflict, it would be edited into a post on the rules thread). There are numerous questions, situations, and opinions that are said to be rules, others that are debated, others that aren't mentioned, etc. It's often a confusing question of what is and what isn't.

If there are any questions, statements, opinions, thoughts, etcetera, feel free to ask below. If there is something that I can provide, and is required for the application, let me know.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Winner
Reactions: Waxel and Arrow
Increase those ban times by a lot. Aswell as all ban times should end in a permanent ban on the sixth offense. This goes for a comm, guard ban, or normal ban. I will pm my full opinion once this is done.

General rules:

- Offensive behavior.
Usually this calls for two to three warnings, as people oftentimes aren't aware of their continuous negative attitude towards X individual.

Gag or mute for 1080 minutes.
Gag or mutes for 2880 minutes.
Gag or mute permanently.

If they've got an offensive name, usually a warning is enough to handle it. If not:

Kick.
Kick.
Ban for 1440.
Ban for 2880.

- Communications spam.
These situations do vary on a case by case basis. Let's assume that my warning was heard, and understood.

Gag or mute permanently.

- Non-English speaking.
Unfortunate that the individual likely wouldn't understand, but then again, they're usually either trolling or irrelevant for the gamemode.

Gag or mute for 900 minutes.

- Ghosting.
These cases are difficult to tell, but almost always let themselves go within a short time span.

Warn when suspected.
Warn when confirmed.
Kick.
Ban for 720 minutes.
Ban for 1440 minutes.
Ban for 2880 minutes.
Ban permanently.

- Hacking & scripting.

Ban for 1440 minutes (and notify someone higher than me).
Ban permanently.

Scripting is a bit different tho':

Warn.
Ban for 720 minutes.
Ban for 1440 minutes.
Ban for 2880 minutes.
Ban permanently.

- Baiting.

Warn.
Warn.
Slay.
Slay.
Guard ban permanently.

- Real-life threatening.
This would not apply for obvious memeing or joking. If it seems serious enough, the following would apply - otherwise, it wouldn't.

Warn.
Gag or mute permanently.

- Begging.
This is presuming I've already warned them at least once.

Warn.
Warn.

- Advertising.

Warn.
Gag or mute permanently.

- Impersonation.

Warn.
Ban for 60 minutes.
Ban for 720 minutes.
Ban for 1440 minutes.

- Call abuse.
This is heavily dependent on a case by case basis. Asking to limit it is kinda iffy.
Warn.
Ban for 60 minutes.
Ban for 240 minutes.
Ban for 1440 minutes.

More often than not, these are people who've never played Jailbreak before. So, typically, they don't really know the rules regarding the mic requirement. This means you've got be more helpful than enforcing.

Warn.
Permanent guard ban.

Generally static mics, or mics here they're quiet. Or even mics where they're just not there. It doesn't particularly matter.

Warn. (Fix your mic!)
Guard ban for 1440.

- Freehitting.
Usual freehitting is done with friends, so an admin coming on over and saying "Stop freehitting!" and ruining that camaraderie isn't really appreciated. However, they do have to accept the server rules. A balance of leniency and maintaining server rules in such situations. If it's true freehitting, then normal procedure.

Warn.
Slay.
Slay.

Airblasting is different from typical freehitting - the intent is important. Sometimes people airblast simply to help slower people get where they need to go. This would call for a more lenient action, while stricter action would be warranted for true freehitting or disruption.

Warn.
Warn.
Slay.

- Baiting.
Again, a strong case by case situation. Each case calls for something different. Things like baiting, in my opinion, would never call for incredibly strict or permanent punishments - it's unavoidable.

Warn.
Warn.
Slay.
Warn.

- Force Rebelling via Baiting (on purpose).

Warn & slay.
Slay.

Warn & respawn.
Slay & respawn.

- Freekill.

Slay & respawn. (Note, I'm not sure if respawn would be preferred here, but hey.)
Slay & respawn.

- Mass freekill.

Guard ban for 720 minutes. (Respawn?)
Guard ban permanently.

- Teamkill.

Respawn.
Slay & respawn.
Guard ban for 900 minutes.

- Favoritism.
This never really goes far enough to issue a real punishment beyond a slay or a short guard ban.

Warn.
Slay.

- Round sabotage.
Whether it be opening doors, cancelling a minigame at start of a round, or somehow ruining the round. Shouldn't ever really be a major issue, as it only affects one round.

Warn.
Slay.
Guard ban for 720 minutes if intent was to sabotage and be cancerous.
Guard ban for 1440 minutes if intent was to sabotage and be cancerous.

- Warden failing.
This constitutes as being a warden and being any of the following (and more, but they aren't fresh in my head):

An unoriginal or repetitive warden - though this isn't a rule by any means, it's generally a good idea to have proper wardens with original, creative commands. This means that no action would usually ever be taken, but encouragement would be provided.

Warn.
Warn.

- Bodyblocking.

Warn.
Slay.
Guard ban for 45 minutes (when applicable {such as in cases of blocking RED's progress in minigames}).

I am loose with things such as baiting for the sole reason as that they are unavoidable - to enforce those aspects of Jailbreak, they hinder gameplay of the core gamemode.

I generally view myself as a more lenient type of administrator when it comes to action; to me, the purpose of being an admin is to defuse potentially bad situations and prevent them from ever occurring (again). Which is why I advocate warning more than I advocate punishing.

Some of these may be incorrect or completely faulty - tell me. I'd like to know so that I'd never make that mistake.

Apologies if the app is massive. It's Jailbreak, after all.

% - End of copied area.

I'm aware that my punishments likely don't meet the standards or presets done by the current administrative team. I hope that will be covered by a training post-application if I am accepted, as there's no way for me to know the specifics of the disciplinary measures.

If I may add one final thing, there are loads of instances on the server in which there are questions raised regarding rules. One of the primary focuses that I would pursue if accepted would be to update the Jailbreak rules (every time a point is raised in which there is conflict, it would be edited into a post on the rules thread). There are numerous questions, situations, and opinions that are said to be rules, others that are debated, others that aren't mentioned, etc. It's often a confusing question of what is and what isn't.

If there are any questions, statements, opinions, thoughts, etcetera, feel free to ask below. If there is something that I can provide, and is required for the application, let me know.

Thank you for your time.

This is the revised version - everything's been made more grounded.

If there's any questions that I can answer, or any explanation that may be needed, please please reach out to me.

General rules:

- Offensive behavior.

Gag or mute for 480 minutes.
Ban for 10080 minutes.
Gag or mute permanently.

Kick.
Ban for 480 minutes.
Ban for 1440 minutes.
Ban for 2880 minutes.
Ban for 10080 minutes.
Ban permanently.

- Communications spam.

Gag or mute for 10080 minutes.
Gag or mute permanently.

- Non-English speaking.

- Ghosting.
Going to add a bit of an explanation to these, as they're usually the same sort of thing.

Warn when suspected of ghosting. (Hey, I have reason to suspect that you're ghosting. If you are, please stop, as it ruins the game for other players.) (This is before I've confirmed that they're ghosting, just a friendly message saying to chill.)
Ban for 720 minutes.
Ban for 1440 minutes.
Ban for 2880 minutes.
Ban for 10080 minutes.
Ban permanently.

- Hacking.

Ban for 10080 minutes and inform higher-up (I believe that's the maximum ban of a trial admin, though I'm likely incorrect on that).
Ban permanently.

- Scripting:

Ban for 480 minutes.
Ban for 1440 minutes.
Ban for 2880 minutes.
Ban for 10080 minutes.
Ban permanently.

- Real-life threatening.
For obvious not-jokes.

Stern warning.
Gag or mute for 10080 minutes. (At this point, this is an individual we most likely don't want on the server communicating.)
Gag or mute permanently.

- Begging.

Warn.
Gag or mute for 480 minutes. (Stressing the next punishment time is crucial here, they should hopefully never get past this point.)
Gag or mute for 10080 minutes.
Gag or mute permanently.

- Advertising.

Warn.
Gag or mute for 4320 minutes.
Gag or mute permanently.

- Impersonation.

Kick.
Ban for 480 minutes.
Ban for 1440 minutes.
Ban for 2880 minutes.
Ban for 4320 minutes.
Ban permanently.

- Call abuse.

Kick.
Ban for 240 minutes.
Ban for 480 minutes.
Ban for 1440 minutes.
Ban for 4320 minutes.
Ban permanently.

Guard ban for 480 minutes.
Guard ban permanently. (If they don't have a mic by this point, they can make an appeal.)

Guard ban for 10080 minutes.
Guard ban permanently.

- Baiting.
This is very situational, going as in-depth as I can. Bringing the text over to keep them fresh, they're crucial.

Slay w/ a severe warning.
Guard ban permanently.

- Freehitting.

Usually, freehitting is done with friends, so an admin coming on over and saying "Stop freehitting!" and ruining that camaraderie isn't really appreciated. However, they do have to accept the server rules. A balance of leniency and maintaining server rules is crucial in such situations. If it's true freehitting, then normal procedure.

Note, airblasting is different from typical freehitting - the intent is important. Sometimes people airblast simply to help slower people get where they need to go. This would call for a more lenient action, while stricter action would be warranted for true freehitting or disruption.

Slay.
Guard ban permanently.

Warn & respawn.
Slay & respawn.
Guard ban for 180 & respawn.

If it continues past that, it's no longer unintentional, as is clearly intentional. Would continue under normal freekilling procedures.

- Freekill.

Guard ban permanently.

- Mass freekill.

Guard ban for 720 minutes & respawn. (While in training, I would likely always bring this up with my trainer to make sure I've done correctly.)
Guard ban for 2880 minutes & respawn.
Guard ban for 10080 minutes & respawn.
Guard ban permanently & respawn.

- Teamkill.

Slay & respawn.
Guard ban for 300 minutes & respawn.
Guard ban for 480 minutes & respawn.
Guard ban for 1440 minutes & respawn.
Guard ban for 5760 minutes & respawn.
Guard ban permanently.

- Favoritism.

Stern warning.
Slay.

Only in extreme circumstances should it be a permanent guard ban - should *never* happen.

- Round sabotage.

Slay with a stern warning.
Guard ban for 5760 minutes.
Permanent guard ban.

Shouldn't ever go past the 2880 punishment.

- Warning failing.

Warn.
Warn.

A continually slaying warden.

Guard ban permanently.

A force-warden into fail-round warden (very situational).

Guard ban permanently.

Illegal FF or Other.

Slay with a stern warning.
Guard ban permanently.

- Bodyblocking.

Warn.
Slay.

The general logic behind the majority of things before 2880 is more of a warning than a true punishment. 2880 going into a week or permanent is generally saying 'Hey, you ignored the mass of warnings and their attached punishments, you'll have to make an appeal now if you want to continue.'

Please keep in mind, everything is situational.

Thank you for checking this out @Travis, please please let me know if there's any way I can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread