Declined Jotaro's VSH #05 Admin Application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Username
[REDACTED]

Steam32 ID
STEAM_0:0:161012030
time and a place for everythingːsteamhappyː

Your age : [REDACTED]

Current playtime on relevant server(s)
Panda-Community.com #05 24d 23:12:35hhttps://hlstats.panda-community.com/hlstats.php?mode=playerinfo&player=355188]

Link to your Sourcebans record:
1 sourcecomms and 2 sourcebans

General online times: L
11:00 am to 5:00pm or in the night to next day 11:00 pm to 4:00 am

(If relevant) Who gave you permission to apply?: N/A

Server to are applying for
vsh 05

General online times & time zone
[REDACTED]

Do you have a working microphone?
(This is required for Jailbreak admins)
yes i do

Primary servers + servers you could confidently join in case of a report:
I always play on VSH #05. Very rarely I jump in other servers
Previous experience as Admin or Moderator: None

What would you say makes you a suitable candidate?
I wanted to make this admin application for some time now but it was because of teamban that i postponed doing so. Said teamban finally got appealed two weeks ago and so i decided to mann up and decided to make this. Here goes nothing... I've been around for quite some time. I play regularly and at this point, made some friends on the server and like to think that I've become a part of the community of said server. I have 24d 23:12:35h and almost everyday spend some time on vsh 05 - the server i am applying for, which my HLstats can prove. That aside, I actually wanted to make this application due to the recent lack of admins of said server, on which there are only 2 at the time of me writing this. During the times that I am on the server I notice a lot of cheaters and unsavory people who ruin the experience of me and others like me. One specific case being a guy who was trying to scam some people, claiming that he was a steam admin or some other BS like that and trying to basically make players fork their account information over to him. If I wasn't there to warn the player of the scam, he might have very well lost his account. Finally, If I were to become an admin I will never abuse my powers and I'll ask my overseer regularly to explain stuff I don't understand or whenever I wonder on how to react to something and with how much of a severity. I am more than willing to learn from other members of staff on what and admin should be and how an admin should condone himself, as well as what it takes to be an admin. I will appriciate any kind of criticism or tips from anyone that is willing to give it. Even if this application gets denied, I will continiue to learn and change in order to become the ideal admin.

Punishments for: micspam; offensive language(in-voice and/or chat); attack on religion, idenitity and/or race:
1. 12 hours (720 minutes)
2. 1 day (1440 minutes)
3. 3 days (4320 minutes)
4. 1 week (10080 minutes)
5. 1 month (43200 minutes)
6. Permanent (ask a full admin for a permanent ban)
AFK players (Players will be slapped to double check that they are indeed afk before being punished)
First time - kick
Second time - kick
Third time - slay

Fail Hale/Not doing damage
First time - slay
Second time - Kick
Third time - kick

Inappropriate Sprays
First time - Warning and Removal of the Spray
Second time - Kick
Third time - Ban, based off of previous scaling Bans

Micspam/Chatspam
First time - Warning
Second time - Gag/Mute, based off of previous scaling mutes/gags

Cheating
First time - Permanent Ban accompanied by demo for proof

Advertising Cheats
First time - Permanent Gag/Mute
AFK players (Players will be slapped to double check that they are indeed afk before being punished)
First time - kick
Second time - kick
Third time - slay

First time - slay
Second time - Kick
Third time - kick

Inappropriate Sprays
Second time - Kick

Micspam/Chatspam
First time - Warning

Cheating

Advertising Cheats

Edited By Chae As Per Request of Appplicant

Attachments

• rank.png
    rank.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 98
  • Agree
Reactions: B1000 and KronKrian
Good evening Jotaro, I've been anticipating your application as you've eluded to reapplying. Let's start off by with it, your sessions are pretty active, your chat is clean as it's mostly just commands, and you're pretty well known on the server to the regulars. My only concern as of far is leaving you on the server on your own. From my interactions with you from the past to now I see you're pretty lax when it comes to playing VSH with most of the time trying to play Engineer and tele-frag even though you may not always be actively dealing damage you have fun. I understand your frustration on camping hales as you frequently note in game when the hales aren't always actively trying to kill the opposing team, try to give some time as it's not always camping and just reposition or running to avoid burst of damage. Like in my application I want you to try to be attentive if you are on and if you are away please try to join the spectator team as in the past I've had to frequently kick yourself. I would give you a -1, but I see potential if you for say start making reports on forums or even notify myself or another admin if there's constant rule breakers. The team's kind of just myself at the minute, so if any other admin that frequent the server on occasion have any other feedback I'd gladly appreciate it.

I'll try to hop on more as I'm currently going through my oversea screening process so I'm less needed at work and can go home earlier.

My only follow up question is I was wondering of clarification of your ability to play, you at times would randomly go afk or join and not play and I'd have to kick you in the past. Would it in any chance hinder your ability to take a call or play on the server for a session rather than a round?

For now my stance is at NEUTRAL.

Good evening Jotaro, I've been anticipating your application as you've eluded to reapplying. Let's start off by with it, your sessions are pretty active, your chat is clean as it's mostly just commands, and you're pretty well known on the server to the regulars. My only concern as of far is leaving you on the server on your own. From my interactions with you from the past to now I see you're pretty lax when it comes to playing VSH with most of the time trying to play Engineer and tele-frag even though you may not always be actively dealing damage you have fun. I understand your frustration on camping hales as you frequently note in game when the hales aren't always actively trying to kill the opposing team, try to give some time as it's not always camping and just reposition or running to avoid burst of damage. Like in my application I want you to try to be attentive if you are on and if you are away please try to join the spectator team as in the past I've had to frequently kick yourself. I would give you a -1, but I see potential if you for say start making reports on forums or even notify myself or another admin if there's constant rule breakers. The team's kind of just myself at the minute, so if any other admin that frequent the server on occasion have any other feedback I'd gladly appreciate it.

I'll try to hop on more as I'm currently going through my oversea screening process so I'm less needed at work and can go home earlier.

My only follow up question is I was wondering of clarification of your ability to play, you at times would randomly go afk or join and not play and I'd have to kick you in the past. Would it in any chance hinder your ability to take a call or play on the server for a session rather than a round?

For now my stance is at NEUTRAL.
Special greetings to you

First and foremost I would like to acknowledge my shortcomings because as an admin I encounter small problems that I definitely need to work on to be more professional. I will do everything that I can in the perimeters of my power to be more effective and professional as an admin.

In addition: moving forward I humbly give you my word that I will endeavour to stick to the rules and regulations and do not overstep my boundaries in any way shape or form.

Finally: I promise that I will stop being afk.

I hope you’ll find it in your heart to forgive me and to consider me to continue as an admin moving forward.

• Optimistic
Reactions: KronKrian and B1000
Hey jotaro, thanks for taking your time to apply.

There's one thing I'd like to talk about that Chae hasn't mentioned:

Your punishment stackings. They could definitely be improved, I think 120 and 240 minutes is way too low for the first two punishments. Permanent punishment is also on the 6th offence, not 7th.
Here are my punishment stackings, as an example (most admins use these as well):

2. 1 day (1440 minutes)
3. 3 days (4320 minutes)
6. Permanent

Aside from this, I have nothing else to add. I think Chae already said what needed to be said. I'm staying neutral for now as well.

Hey jotaro, thanks for taking your time to apply.

There's one thing I'd like to talk about that Chae hasn't mentioned:

Your punishment stackings. They could definitely be improved, I think 120 and 240 minutes is way too low for the first two punishments. Permanent punishment is also on the 6th offence, not 7th.
Here are my punishment stackings, as an example (most admins use these as well):

2. 1 day (1440 minutes)
3. 3 days (4320 minutes)
6. Permanent

Aside from this, I have nothing else to add. I think Chae already said what needed to be said. I'm staying neutral for now as well.
Hey Kruphixx thanks for your feedback ! ^^ i was unsure about what to put on that section, but in humility i will correct them.

Reactions: Kruphixx
My scaling punishments for Gags/Mutes/Bans would be as follows:
2. 1 day (1440 minutes)
3. 3 days (4320 minutes)
6. Permanent (ask a full admin for a permanent ban)
First time - kick
Second time - kick
Third time - slay

First time - slay
Second time - Kick
Third time - kick

Inappropriate Sprays
Second time - Kick

Micspam/Chatspam
First time - Warning

Cheating

Advertising Cheats

• Informative
Reactions: B1000
I wanted to note that this applicant had interest in FF2 when they first added me. There's also that MFK ban that, although appealed, should be noted and a report that was deleted but shows that jotaro may not ready to make the correct decisions when it comes to punishment. It's important that you would be on your own most of the time due to VSH coverage.
Very friendly though. The application does show effort especially with your continued responses. I see engagement in suggestions towards VSH. Chatlog is polite with warnings. Sessions look great...a little worrying though so those amounts of times per session give me a burnout vibes.
I am a little concerned that you let your little brother play on your PC and if it is the case steam wise your little brother should have their own account as they shouldn't be able to access your account while playing TF2. Unless they all ready do! I never asked you in private.

With all feedback given it's time to put this under review.
Any questions or inactivity during under review please let me know. Good luck ::):

Reactions: .....
sadly going to decline this based on the provided feedback.
if you wish to apply again you can do so in a month; 16.04.2022

• Sad
Reactions: TRGGB2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread