Declined Jotaro VSH application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Username :[REDACTED]

Steam32 ID: STEAM_0:0:161012030

Your age : [REDACTED]

Current playtime on relevant server(s) 29d 11:01:32h https://hlstats.panda-community.com/hlstats.php?mode=playerinfo&player=355188]

Link to your Sourcebans record:
1 sourcecomms and 2 sourcebans

General online times:
11:00 am to 5:00pm or in the night to next day 11:00 pm to 4:00 am
(If relevant) Who gave you permission to apply?:
Server to are applying for vsh05
Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?
I would absolutely not mind hopping on other servers if I am needed there - who knows, it may encourage me to play on more servers!
General online times & time zone
Eastern Standard Time

[Time zone in Jamaica (GMT-5)
Eastern Standard Time
Time zone in Kingston (GMT-5)

Do you have a working microphone?
(This is required for Jailbreak admins)
yes I do, though I am much more comfortable with communicating through text instead.

Primary servers + servers you could confidently join in case of a report:
I always play on VSH #05. Very rarely I jump in other servers
Previous experience as Admin or Moderator: none Why should we choose you to be part of our team?
My name is Jotaro, although you'll probably know me as 'jojo' on the server. My first time joining a server was on March 16, 2020, however I was never a regular until 2022, when I rediscovered my passion for TF2 after a lengthy hiatus. I bounced about from server to server, but when I encountered a group of regular gamers on the panda vsh 05 server, I made great friends with them. My motivation for applying is simple: I want to protect the server I've grown to love from rule breakers and hackers who only want to destroy the wonderful times we're trying to have. Finally, If I were to become an admin I will never abuse my powers and I'll ask my overseer regularly to explain stuff I don't understand or whenever I wonder on how to react to something and with how much of a severity. I am more than willing to learn from other members of staff on what and admin should be and how an admin should condone himself, as well as what it takes to be an admin. I will appriciate any kind of criticism or tips from anyone that is willing to give it. Even if this application gets denied, I will continiue to learn and change in order to become the ideal admin .finally in humility Im asking for the time to build up my sessions to the level that is required

. My scaling punishments for Gags/Mutes/Bans would be as follows:
1. 12 hours (720 minutes)
2. 1 day (1440 minutes)
3. 3 days (4320 minutes)
4. 1 week (10080 minutes)
5. 1 month (43200 minutes)
6. Permanent (ask a full admin for a permanent ban)
More Specific Punishments

AFK players (Players will be slapped to double check that they are indeed afk before being punished)

First time - First offence: Make sure they're actually afk with TimeBomb / Slaps
Second time - Second offence: Kick... if he/she come back and afk kick again
Third time - Ban, based off of previous scaling Bans

Fail Hale/Not doing damage
First time - slay
Second time - Kick
Teaming with Boss:
- First few times: slaps, slay if no effect
- If continued: kick
- If continued after kick: ban (according to scaling)
Inappropriate Sprays
First time - Warning and Removal of the Spray
Second time - Kick

Micspam/Chatspam

First time - Warnings
Second time - Gag/Mute, based off of previous scaling mutes/gags

Cheating
First time - Permanent Ban accompanied by demo for proof

Advertising Cheats
First time - Permanent Gag/Mute
Closing Thoughts Thank you for taking the time to read all this! Tagging Vsh admins @Kruphixx @Chae @Magglet

Hello Jotaro,

You seem to rush to apply every single chance you get without considering your feedback properly.

Your sessions are not nearly good enough, your application seems thought through but your grasp on English I know is not amazing.

I would consider this application more seriously if you had longer more consistent sessions,

I will remain neutral for now

I agree with what Magglet said. You just seem to rush every single application. Last time, you only applied a few days after coming back to VSH after a long break. After you posted your previous app, you started playing less as well. I hope the same thing won't happen.

sessions.jpg

Those are your sessions, the same thing as last time happened. You applied only a few days after coming back to VSH.

Another thing I'd like to mention is your... english. People sometimes struggle to understand your warnings or what you're saying, which could lead to some issues on the server if you were an admin.

I'm gonna stay neutral for the time being. If this application gets declined, please don't rush the next application. Apply when you're ACTUALLY ready.

Looking at the pattern here, you seem to follow the same route when applying for admin.

You go active for maybe a week, report a few times apply for admin, get declined wait the period then repeat.

For my vote I would expect 28 days of regular daily activity, this does not mean sinking 5 hours a day but just regular sessions that show genuine interest in the server. (You do not have to play every single day but generally multiple days of activity in a row is required I understand people have school and jobs and do not expect perfection)

I would expect to see clean chatlogs with plenty of warnings given and reminders to use key commands like /nohale.

Regular reports if people choose to ignore your warnings, which people do because when I applied I was reporting nearly daily.

A strong and clear understanding of the English language and its numerous phrasings and intricacies, not perfection but clear understanding in most cases. Admins have to judge when players cross the line of our rules and every admin does this differently, I do believe that it is very important to understand the primary language used or the use of sarcasm or satire jokes could lead to difficulties for you as you may instant gag without full understanding.

Right now, you occasionally report and you have clean chatlogs, please understand if you instantly apply in one month if this gets declined and I haven't seen an attempt at improvement I won't change my vote magically.

My vote is hereby changed to -1

Reactions: Jiji
I agree with what Magglet said. You just seem to rush every single application. Last time, you only applied a few days after coming back to VSH after a long break. After you posted your previous app, you started playing less as well. I hope the same thing won't happen.

View attachment 22800

Those are your sessions, the same thing as last time happened. You applied only a few days after coming back to VSH.

Another thing I'd like to mention is your... english. People sometimes struggle to understand your warnings or what you're saying, which could lead to some issues on the server if you were an admin.

I'm gonna stay neutral for the time being. If this application gets declined, please don't rush the next application. Apply when you're ACTUALLY ready.
special greetings to you
I am humbly asking for time to build back the sessions because i just got summer break,for the reason that of my jamaican accent/langauge name, Patois, it is sometimes difficult for me to speak the standard English. I give you my word that I will speak the standard English constantly, to show that I really want to be admin. I keep coming back and my apps are getting declined. I am not the type of person that gives up easily . I am determined. The real reason why I want admin is because I want to help people and guide them in the best way possible.im not perfect,we all make mistake but its advice to repeat the same process, im trying see if i can make a impact in someones life.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Cowboy
Hello Jotaro, sorry for the delay. I've recently got back to trying to dedicate at least 30 minutes of my day in the morning to get onto the server. I wasn't too surprise to see that you had made another admin application fairly so soon as you had message me when you had retract your application and had a decline one previously that you were still passionate and that it wouldn't mean you'd stop playing. The fact that you waited a little bit past the date that was set in your previous application to apply again I'm thankful for, however I still believe it may too soon to give a +1 to your especially seeing how you may interact when I'm not around the server. Last time, I had a friend of mine play on the server with you while I observed, I'm not sure that you've changed yet so soon. I'll be looking forward to try to interact with you more in game even though our timezone may not be as ideal. For now, I'll sadly have to be giving a -1.

After speaking with Kruphixx about their feedback they have decided to change it to -1 for similar reasons stated within the feedback.

With all VSH admins giving negative votes we will have to unfortunately decline the application. Please take on all feedback above constructively and you may reapply by: 18th of July 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread