Jb_Lunapark needs feedback. Y o u r feedback (1 Viewer)

FrameBlat'

Hello.

Let's cut to the chase, lunapark is a bad map, mediocre at best.

So, let's change that.
I'd love to hear any feedback and ideas for the future. Don't be shy, I kinda dislike it myself and want to change that.
Layout, minigames (especially minigames), escape routes; lay it on me.

Yours truly <3

d a r k . . .
stoopid catacomb s e c r e t . . .

dats about it rlly for me atleast

I'm not super knowledgeable about the map but I'll try my hand at suggestions.
Immediately what I can think of is:
- I think theres a 9 square on the map? get rid of it. nobody likes 9 square.
- Probably scrap maze or re-imagine it - it's a pain for reds.
- Scrap the catacombs layer. you could add it's secret or a different kind of secret in the library, which I'm pretty sure currently has no use. Most of the delaying on this map happens because someone is running around down there like a rat and it's quite vast to only house a single secret.

I am a personal fan of dark or moody areas so the map's theme sits nice with me. The layout is decent enough. The general problem with it is that it doesn't offer any unique experience - the more popular maps have every game luna park has along with their own unique games and such. The area around jumprope has a massive amount of potential but it's just kinda...empty. I'm not creative by any means but you could flesh out that empty area - rather than a massive pit of lava for whatever reason, you could add a bit of fluff to that area.

• Agree
Reactions: _Black
Obby and sweeper definitely need a rework since sweeper is super bizarre and obby noone realy makes it past that elevator.
Football is also never played cause it doesnt insta kill or doesnt do enough dmg to be considered.
Quantum Maze?? Replace with speedrun please
Mansion is barely ever entered, thus no disco/pool ever comes to mind of anyone, so is diner and Theater. A simple replacing of some stuff and maybe make the mansion more appealing because its blocked off by that massive obby building so noone ever notices it.

Secret should no longer require a sacrifice, escaping and collecting the skulls is already a task on its own and then needing the sacrifice too? Would make this way more appealing to rebellers I think ive seen it activate once or twice one was during hns and one as a Dr

I would suggest, expand the back area behind medic move obby there and maybe a stairway to heaven (p sure it doesnt have stairway)
Move that big chunky obby building with a smaller one that has diner and Theater

Thats all I got to say for now(or not lol).
Visuals are nice
Maybe add like a random npc stock scout that is laughing at the bird Demo

Some Indicators on jumprope could be nice and maybe a little ammo Pack behind it

We noticed that big sewage pipe in medic right?
Maybe add a breakable at the back of medic or somewhere near it that will open it and go down into the catacombs or maybe a tunnel connecting to the mansion.

Okay thats realy everything i think I could say rn
It Looks like a lot and it surely is but im sure
@Semicolon Backslash would help you if he has time to do so.

Looking forward to possible map Updates.

I'm not super knowledgeable about the map but I'll try my hand at suggestions.
Immediately what I can think of is:
- I think theres a 9 square on the map? get rid of it. nobody likes 9 square.
- Probably scrap maze or re-imagine it - it's a pain for reds.
- Scrap the catacombs layer. you could add it's secret or a different kind of secret in the library, which I'm pretty sure currently has no use. Most of the delaying on this map happens because someone is running around down there like a rat and it's quite vast to only house a single secret.

I am a personal fan of dark or moody areas so the map's theme sits nice with me. The layout is decent enough. The general problem with it is that it doesn't offer any unique experience - the more popular maps have every game luna park has along with their own unique games and such. The area around jumprope has a massive amount of potential but it's just kinda...empty. I'm not creative by any means but you could flesh out that empty area - rather than a massive pit of lava for whatever reason, you could add a bit of fluff to that area.
+1

Hello.

Let's cut to the chase, lunapark is a bad map, mediocre at best.

So, let's change that.
I'd love to hear any feedback and ideas for the future. Don't be shy, I kinda dislike it myself and want to change that.
Layout, minigames (especially minigames), escape routes; lay it on me.

Yours truly <3
Also dont dislike what u made, be proud of it and look how you can improve something that is already good.

I am glad this thread was made; I have been wanting to provide some feedback on the map as I have a lot to say about it.

The Secrets

The catacombs are way too big as you already may know, it's so big that even on servers with bhop it takes an entire round for a scout to collect all of the skulls. Even after collecting all the skulls, you still need a sacrifice then you need to leave the catacombs. Even after getting the huge health advantage and crits you are still running around the map with normal mobility, personally I have never seen a red get the buff and use it on the blues in an actual round. Make the catacombs smaller, maybe blues get a speed boost down there so it's not a red safe haven, and maybe make the requirement to activate instead of sacrificing a red maybe put an item in the middle of the circle like sacrificing a doll or something.

The other 2 collect secrets are also too much work for what they are, the library secret gives you a spell book that is disabled on most servers (not sure if it is on this one) maybe vscript could make it red only somehow or make them usable despite server plugins idk. The G-man secret has you get 3 lambda tokens, that you need to travel to the 3 corners of the map and sit in a 1 minute 30 second cutscene for just a large ammo maybe give some resistances or some sort of buff for the red's efforts. I really like the scripted cutscene for the G-man secret it's really well done I want to see it be a part of a really good payoff. The other secrets are fine I like digging up the key to enter the hospital and the way to enter Armory is cool.

I also like the ledge behind Jumprope you can strafe around to hide at and you can go around Deathrun with the ledges I really like that.

The Minigames

There are far too many filler minigames, not enough big main minigames to incentivize players to pick this map over others. The big game we do have is an Obby that I have never seen anyone finish as its a little bit too difficult, Deathrun that gets played way too much, Russian Roulette that's pretty fun and Jojo Reference that is illegal on most servers. The filler minigames also take up too much space on the map like Trivia takes up the entire cemetery, the Diner/Theater take up a massive building beside main cells and Jumprope is the only minigame to the left of DIO. You could cut some filler games or keep them just at least make them smaller in size, but larger minigames need to be added and I have some ideas.

Rocket Dodge:

With the tiny player condition, you take extra knockback from damage sources so maybe a minigame where you avoid raining crit rockets that if you get hit will launch you off a platform could be fun. Using vscript maybe you can make crit rockets that don't deal damage only knockback somehow, even without vscript you can just make the rockets damage low and have the game heal the reds whilst they play

Jump Course:

With the vscript you can do virtually anything I think so maybe giving everyone a rocket jumper is possible so they can play a minigame that is basically a jump map with friends!

Surf Course:

We all know surfing on a jb map sucks but with vscript you can turn on air accel maybe so you can just put a whole surf map like minigame into a map if you wanted to.

Maybe some game that uses perspective if possible like a 2-D sidescroller or topdown minigame maybe if vscipt can't do this maybe a fixed camera would work?

And the usual culprits for good minigames that already exist Climb, Wipeout, Stairway, B-hop, Strafe Race/Course and Speedrun.

Conclusion

I really like the aesthetics of the map the visuals are really well done, and the map has a type of polish that not many jb maps possess. With that being said visuals can only take a map so far, the gameplay is what carries a jb map whatever you plan to do to this map I hope you improve how it plays as it needs it.

Also, great work on the Alkatraz Remake I like it very much!

Reactions: Bananawastaken
Honestly i don't have a real problem with this map, I think the aesthetic is my favorite out of all the maps combined, it has a really nice atmosphere and i can tell you put a lot of effort and time in it. However i'd like to see the following changes if you were to remake it or add a sequel.

-The Catacombs section of the map is waaaay too big, its known to delay rounds because reds will run around down there and blues never tend to find them which drags on the round
- JoJo reference needs to retire as its a banned minigame on almost every active server currently.
- All the minigames besides jojo reference are fine to me imo, I'd just like to see some upgrades to certain minigames like Maze.
- Obby shouldn't be instakill anymore and should have a lowered difficulty (that elevator portion is WAYYY too hard)
- Perhaps an admin room would be nice? I'd certainly appreciate admin hg or warday.

That's all my feedback, excited to see what you come up with!

Catacombs: I love the catacombs. They’re such a neat and interesting idea for a jb map. Also I like the reward you get, it’s fairly powerful but it’s not broken. Please do not remove the catacombs. However I also think the secret needs to be re-done. It just takes too long to find all the skulls with the 2 layer catacombs. Also the sacrifice is pretty impossible to get, that probably needs to go but I like the idea behind it.

Minigames: I like the minigames mostly. Two issues I have are obby: I have legitimately seen only 1 person able to complete it. Obby probably needs to be easier. Also quantum maze: interesting concept but as far as I know there’s no real strategy and it ends up being really frustrating to play.

Thanks for reaching out and asking for feedback. This is just my basic thoughts on the map. I don’t really have a huge problem with this map and I really like the look of it.

Ok real feedback
- As everyone already said, catacombs need to be shortened and not require a sacrifice
- maze either needs a rework or be completely remade, most people dislike it and many don't even understand how it works
- obby is honestly fine, skill issue. But think it might work better as a climb if it'll be extended a bit
- the library is somewhat useless except giving a few secret hints, could be turned into a minigame imo
- vscript jojo reference please

maybe jojo reference could be turned into a boss fight? (maybe idk)

Maybe that G-man secret could perhaps turn you into Gordon freeman (melee with crits:crowbar)

Obby gets people stuck randomly, that happens more often than it should, the elevator gets them stuck in the wall quite often.

the football doesnt do enough damage, football ususally takes a long time or does not end up killing people

Users who are viewing this thread