jb_hopjb_v9_dev (1 Viewer)

Buns

Donator
Mapper
Heyo folks,

I have a development copy of hopjb that I would like you all to test, I've added some pretty complicated things that may or may not break. Try your hardest to cause hell..

Also, this is unusable on servers because the spawn points have been intentionally changed, that way testing the prop hunt minigame is easier.

Here are ways to start these minigames:

sv_cheats 1
ent_fire br_player_counter Add 1

Then stand in either the front or back of one of the boats

ent_fire br_start_b

sv_cheats 1
ent_fire jg_counter Add 1

And then stand in one of the player doors

ent_fire jg_start_button

sv_cheats 1
ent_fire sumo_player_counter Add 1

Also just stand in one of the player doors

ent_fire sumo_start_b

Also, first post after registering 3 years ago, yay.

i just did a quick skim of the whole map heres what i liked

-the new minigames, creative ideas that i havent seen anywhere else, especially sumo and jetpack game
-how you could turn pool into arena or race
- the timer thing by soccer and climb in that control tower
-i absolutely LOVED the new bowling
-how disco is more than just a replacement for first reaction last reaction now
-the crush game music

Things i dont like/didn't work
-I still wish there was deathrun, maybe next to boat race
-I couldnt finish boat race when i got to the finish (idk if it was because i was on blu team or not)
-the sumo ball things were difficult to control
-i feel like jetpack race could encourage rebelling since you have to go to random places throughout the map that may not be monitored by a blu
-The fans that boost you to the control center things dont work, i had to use the winger to get up there
-I feel like the sweeper thing was too thin, might just be me nitpicking but i feel like it would make it easier for the reds.
-I dont know if it can, but the boat race rockets could give you the oppertunity (cant spell) to kill a different blu without giving you a rebel status
- you can fall into strafe race, idk if it was intentional or it was in previous versions but hey.
-the moment i started fall game it ended
-idk if there were supposed to be working jetpacks in that minigame, but there werent for me and also it was very hard for me even as a winger scout to get there in time before taking damage
-
feedback or things i want
-
deathrun (again)
I feel like a tribute to Alex Trebeck in jeopardy (besides the picture) would be nice, since he recently passed away
-maybe an area just for jetpack game
and yea

btw im still aware that its in dev i just wanted to say

ps i dont have anything to say about prop hunt because i cant start it with me in it without using some console command but im bad with those

-I couldnt finish boat race when i got to the finish (idk if it was because i was on blu team or not)
You have to destroy the enemy boat to be able to complete it, try it again it should work.
-the sumo ball things were difficult to control
It was way worse when I first started making it, trust me source engine physics suckkkk
-i feel like jetpack race could encourage rebelling since you have to go to random places throughout the map that may not be monitored by a blu
Jetpack and prop hunt both have a feature that blocks access to armory and any ammo packs in the map, the tower for jetpack is a safe zone for blues and reds can't open the floor while playing the game.
- you can fall into strafe race, idk if it was intentional or it was in previous versions but hey.
You'll have to show me the falling into strafe race glitch, If it happened during jetpack that is 100% intentional and will correct itself once jetpack ends.
-the moment i started fall game it ended
Its a built in fail safe to turn itself off if nobody is actually inside the game, trying to keep entity counts down.
ps i dont have anything to say about prop hunt because i cant start it with me in it without using some console command but im bad with those
If you want to start prophunt try adding 3 or more bots into the game, I recommend doing tf_bot_add 3 then trying to start the game. It will only ever start if every single red and every single blu are in the respective rooms, it takes a headcount and determines whether or not to start the game. The same mechanic works for BK massacre, so some random douche doesn't just walk in there and cause anarchy

Reactions: salguod
I assume you're already aware of this issue but just in case you aren't.

459cf7c1065a7d573170bfe8c944b7cf.png

This map is probably going to crash at 32 players

• Dislike
  • Agree
Reactions: salguod and Husky
I assume you're already aware of this issue but just in case you aren't.

View attachment 15272

This map is probably going to crash at 32 players
Maybe not, I've made a lot of space saving things to remove entities that aren't being used, I'd like to know what you did to get the edict count that high though

Maybe not, I've made a lot of space saving things to remove entities that aren't being used, I'd like to know what you did to get the edict count that high though
I should've mentioned I used sv_dump_edicts to display the maximum amount of entities that source detects. I have no idea if it's actually reachable in a normal game.

I used sv_dump_edicts to display the maximum amount of entities source detects, I have no idea if it's actually reachable.
Whenever I test for the entity limit I use report_entities, the number that I was getting was around 850. Like I said, most of what you can't see has been "killed" and only gets spawned in when needed, and removed again afterward.

Tested the map a little and really like it. However i noticed that strafe race is just entirely broken.

To explain what i mean: Normally you choose how many winners there will be in the end (1 to 3) and then start the minigame. The entire game works as intended and seems perfectly fine. However once the minigame ends, you'll find nothing strange at first. However after jumping you realize that the gravity of the affected player is entirely gone. I made a clip to show you how it looks as it should be fixed asap (or i just did something wrong idk).
I thought at first that maybe i should put it at one winner, however the effect was still the same Only difference is that the music stopped after i finished with 1 winner enabled/

Tested the map a little and really like it. However i noticed that strafe race is just entirely broken.

To explain what i mean: Normally you choose how many winners there will be in the end (1 to 3) and then start the minigame. The entire game works as intended and seems perfectly fine. However once the minigame ends, you'll find nothing strange at first. However after jumping you realize that the gravity of the affected player is entirely gone. I made a clip to show you how it looks as it should be fixed asap (or i just did something wrong idk).
I thought at first that maybe i should put it at one winner, however the effect was still the same Only difference is that the music stopped after i finished with 1 winner enabled/
Thank you for finding that, ironically enough it was a last minute change that ended up breaking the gravity, the dev version I posted didn't have that issue. Gamebanana has a new download attached with the fix and a smaller file size. If you have the old 300mb version just replace it.

Would love to see this in the server, no other major bugs than those already listed, towers don't fit, but that is ok, doesn't ruin the map or anything. I'm not the map maker, so I'm not the one modeling this. I just don't think they fit the overall look. (specifically the wizard tower roofs, makes me think of harry potter a bit too much.) Otherwise minigames are excellent, can't get prop hunt to work with 2 players, hopefully we can put this onto US Jailbreak 2 for further playtesting.

Users who are viewing this thread