Declined [JB] Theater-Style Minigame Guard Minimums (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walfools

Hello, I see theatre and it's derivatives played with what I believe to be an insufficient amount of BLUs far too often, especially when the server has a low player count. Theatre is simply not fun when there are 2 or 3 BLUs, its imbalanced, unfair, and gives too much weight to each guard's vote. A similar problem also occurs when these minigames are played with an even number of BLUs, as ties are quite common and result in the warden having the final say, which defeats the purpose of a voting system in the first place. Due to these irritations I think there should be a minimum number of BLUs required to play these minigames. I also think these minigames should not be playable with an even number of BLUs. My personal recommendation for a minimum is 5 BLUs, but feel free to contribute in the replies.

I don’t think you have played enough theater as blue. Heres some insight:

The whole “even number of blus” doesn’t work. The reality is that during the course of a round even if most reds are in theater BLUs die. So what happens when the theater starts with 7 guards then one dies? Does theater stop? Do we have to wait until another blue dies so it can be odd again? Also the suggestion that there needs to be an even number of blus seems to imply that all blus vote. In reality there’s always one or more who don’t vote or do so inconsistently.

Different wardens have their own ways of dealing with ties in theater. Sometimes wardens decide ties win, other wardens like myself decide you need a majority. Some wardens consider the warden vote a tiebreaker (though I’m not a fan of this method I agree it is favoritism.) The point is as long as wardens apply the standard to everyone playing it’s not really an issue. If you really want to deal with the issue of a ties and stopping wardens from using their vote as a tiebreaker consider a suggestion where the rule is “ties always win” or “players need a majority of votes (ties always loose)”

As for your suggestion about limiting players again it runs into the same problem as before. What if theater starts with 5 blues and then one dies? What if some guards simply refuse to vote so in reality you only have 2 or 3 votes. What if somebody does theater as an LR but there’s only 4 blus? I understand the problems with playing theater with less guards but this just isn’t practical.

TLDR: Well intentioned solution which would not be feasible.

Reactions: Nergal Nergalton
I think if blus arent voting at all it should be considered being an inactive guard unless said guard is for example hunting a rebeller

I had it too many times where i had like 6 blus and only 2 voted

Reactions: Dr. Meatloaf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread