Status
Not open for further replies.

Denzel Crocker

Gameserver Admin
Staff member
Gameserver Admin
Donator
bandicam 2022-08-29 21-32-16-177.jpg

While I may have thought this map was okay at first, times have changed and, this map has a number of flaws that I think make it a candidate for removal:
- First of all, this is probably the least played map in our entire rotation. I have seldom ever seen this map get played in recent days and from my experience it almost always gets RTV'd when we play on it.
- Next, the map layout. While the visuals are decent, the actual layout is basically a giant circle made up of long hallways with a very large room in the middle, making it incredibly favorable for RED Snipers in particular. On the flipside, the large size also makes it a chore to hunt down rebellers.
- Even with the map in the middle, it's still very easy to get lost trying to find a certain minigame, especially the ones farthest from cells.
- Most of the minigames aren't very special and range from simply okay to mediocre. To give some specific examples; the Obby is WAY too long and isn't helped by the fact REDs only take small amounts of damage if they fall instead of dying outright, which in particular gives an advantage to classes with methods of self-healing such as Medics, Soldiers with the Concheror, and Snipers with the Cozy Camper (I've seen some instances where it's taken so long for anyone to complete this Obby that we actually run the round timer out before anyone can clear it, and once you're in Obby there's no way out); the Deathrun, while having a cool boss battle at the end, also feels too long and has the potential to run out the round timer; and Furry Finder is a mediocre 50/50 door game with no real challenge other than having REDs randomly run into doors.

Having a map that barely gets played at all feels like a waste of space, honestly.

• Informative
Reactions: koe
Leaving aside things that seem to be warden gap (i.e. if the map's minigames take too long, set reasonable time limits) I don't particularly understand the logic of a map having little playtime being a qualifier for being removed because there will always be maps that have little playtime compared to others, unless if the server has either such little option for map selection that burnout will be rampant among regulars or the server forces the entire/majority of the map rotation to be played. I am not an OPST stan but I think it's unique enough that there's nothing really wrong with it staying, while I do not see any positive net gain in removing it.

As an aside I think a rework fixing the lengthyness prevalent throughout the map would be quite popular among players.

• Agree
Reactions: BarryTheAddict
OMG THE FURRY MAP REMOVE IT!!1!!!
But jokes aside, this map is actually pretty good (better than mine). The minigames are quite well designed (EXCEPT THE LONG ASS OBBY), and the details are also pretty.
The map almost never got vote, even if it did, people would just rtv it. I think this map needs rework, not remove.

- First of all, this is probably the least played map in our entire rotation. I have seldom ever seen this map get played in recent days and from my experience it almost always gets RTV'd when we play on it.
Why is it the maps fault all we do is go to hop V11 then immediately go to V8, naturally there's gonna be maps that are less played

- Even with the map in the middle, it's still very easy to get lost trying to find a certain minigame, especially the ones farthest from cells.
IMO its definitely not the best layout but the fact that's its big is NOT the only reason while people can't find minigames (even with a map?)
It can also be attributed to the fact its not played and people are naturally not gonna know where everything is when its there first time playing (think how many wardens you hear say "this my first time on this map" or "what is this map")

Most of the minigames aren't very special and range from simply okay to mediocre. To give some specific examples; the Obby is WAY too long and isn't helped by the fact REDs only take small amounts of damage if they fall instead of dying outright, which in particular gives an advantage to classes with methods of self-healing such as Medics, Soldiers with the Concheror, and Snipers with the Cozy Camper (I've seen some instances where it's taken so long for anyone to complete this Obby that we actually run the round timer out before anyone can clear it, and once you're in Obby there's no way out)
1. while the obby is long I feel like your claiming the fact its longer then usual as the only reason why people can't do it, its also just a harder obby (specifically the 2nd last part), and like I said about people not knowing the map, everyone knows how to do the climb on the Hops since its always played when we go to the hops and since we never go to opst, people won't know how to do the obby
2. you could make the claim of "self healing classes have an natural advantage" for every climb/obby that doesn't kill you for falling
3. the obby in ML castle has no way out unless you finish it, the obby in hop has no way out unless you finish it, if you go to far in space jails obby you can't get out, and those are only the ones that come to my head immediately there's probably more (also this is assuming a blu doesn't go in and help you out)

the Deathrun, while having a cool boss battle at the end, also feels too long and has the potential to run out the round timer;
Its definitely not the best DR but the boss fight IMO more than makes up for it, though I do think the fact there's ammo in there to be pretty stupid

I definitely agree with both pigeon and crubf in that this map needs to be reworked since it has the pieces to be really good but has some problems holding it back

And also
Gust gulch is best mini game

I'm seeing a lot of people say this map should be reworked and I honestly do agree with this.

The problem with we don't know who created this map (it was probably whoever runs Outpost, but we don't know if he's even still active), and I highly HIGHLY doubt he's ever gonna return to update this map. This map isn't on GameBanana, and in fact when I made a JB map tier list a couple months ago, I couldn't even find a single image of this map on the internet.

So good luck finding whoever made this map and getting permission to rework it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread