Declined [JB] Remove death request. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most if not basically all of the time, death requests always end up in round delays, I know more than one person reading this has been in a situation where the LR receivers death request ends up taking 5 - 6 minutes which ends up being a huge waste of time for everyone.

We already have the LR as an incentive for reds to follow wardens orders so why even have this? The 2 minute rule is almost never applied due to poor knowledge or the red hiding.

My idea to change this is that as soon as LR is given change the timer to thirty seconds and get rid of DR completely, it is a huge waste of time for everyone and simply unnecessary, we all have been in that situation where we end up leaving of boredom because a medic took 6 minutes with their dr so why have this in the first place. Thank you.

• Disagree
Reactions: sorelight
The current rule is that the max DR time is 2 minutes, after that all REDs can be killed. However from my experience this isn't very well enforced.

I'm actually more for reducing the max DR time down to something like 1 minute.

I'm actually more for reducing the max DR time down to something like 1 minute.
After reading a lot of other opinions, I lean more into this idea now, instead of completely removing dr we could change the time limit of the round to 2-1 minutes so reds can't use their Dr as a way to rebel/delay

2 min isnt enforced, but surely 1 min will be... round delay ftw!!!

Reactions: crubf
Personally it's a no.
I'm sorry, but how irritating it might seem, a red has worked hard to earn an LR, and thus they should also have the right to do anything of their bidding right after, as a sort of "my final wish before I die will be..", hence the name  death request.
So again, the last red standing has earned their death request fair and square, and I don't think it has to be removed.

• Dumb
Reactions: Piedra
I honestly wouldnt care if it would be removed, usually they just pick Invalid drs anyway and just end up rebelling

• Agree
Reactions: crubf
Who is this guy? Death request while it might be useless It’s on every server even if you end up rebeling.others might actually want to do something

DRs should remain in my opinion.

Delaying because of death requests going long is not nearly as annoying to me as people delaying for other reasons like inactivity or camping hard to reach spots

Although I feel the current 2 minute rule is kind of dumb because its either not enforced or not properly communicated to the other players to why a red would suddenly be shot in DR, I do feel if many people began to openly acknowledge the rules existence BEFORE killing a red in DR would do wonders for preventing rounds being delayed because of them.

I know this has been shut down in the past, but we could make it so that giving LR sets the timer to 2 minutes. This can cause problems, but I think that since its already against the rules to give LR without reason as a warden, it would not be too harsh a change. Maybe just an increase in severity of punishment since giving LR early would also most of the time constitute a fail round, but that doesn't seem like a problem to me to handle. This will also encourage rebelling reds to attempt to rebel prior to LR being given and stop delaying the round. I think that this change is important since it will swat out 2 flaws with the gamemode that tend to get on peoples nerves. Potentially we could do a different poll about that, but I am not for removing death request, I like it as a way to end the round while typically including blues.

Just use the plugin to force the round timer down to 1-2 minutes once LR is picked
I have asked for this change instead but since we are the underdeveloped country of jailbreaks, we do not have coders who know how to do this unlike blackwonder and wonderland

• Sad
Reactions: Ian
I have asked for this change instead but since we are the underdeveloped country of jailbreaks, we do not have coders who know how to do this unlike blackwonder and wonderland
Depending on the plugin there is just a line in the config file you need to change to do this. It might only be a thing in redux

• Sad
Reactions: Ian
Depending on the plugin there is just a line in the config file you need to change to do this. It might only be a thing in redux
I already checked, its only a thing in redux it seems : (

• Sad
Reactions: Ian and Michelin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread