Declined JB Plugin Suggestion (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWC

I want to suggest a new friendly fire plugin, we already have a lot of plugins for jailbreak already suggested but no one mentioned this. The current friendly fire is bugged and its a coinflip to get a hit or not. Most of the hits won't register when you can hear the sound of the hit. I can't find a plugin for it but maybe someone else can?

I'd like to bump this. If there is something better out there I'm all for it.

If no response, I'll have to decline this.

“Slender Fortess friendly fire is so fucking gooood” - TWC about 500 times to me.

To my knowledge, the friendly fire we have right now is the best one, meanwhile cake goes on about the Slender ff, so if theres a way to implement it into jb then im all for it

• Agree
Reactions: TWC
Ah I think I know what you're on about. Those maps that have the PVP area, they toggle it on somehow and toggle it off after a while...instead of it being something to do with cvar? Like entire server.

Is it possible to break down a map to see it toggle to give us a hint? Maybe it's part of the slender gamemode :thonk:

HEJ guess who's back, yes it's me
Info on SlenderFortess Friendly Fire, it requires a trigger in the map itself, so if we somehow managed to implement it, it wouldn't work on older maps
Next up, I talked to a 2 coders, one of which made a friendly fire plugin, and he went on to say that yes you could code it to work without SF
pik4uPc.png

anyone know how to code? :D

Teammates aren't lag-compensated as to how the opposite team is, causing sounds to register, but not the hit to register. This can be seen on the weapon "Disciplinary Action"(Wiki Site), where when whipping a teammate, the sound is played but the hit isn't registered.

This is also listed as a bug in the wiki (on the weapon):
  • Sometimes the extra range will appear to hit a teammate and make the correct sound, but not register the speed boost and vice versa.
    • This is due to teammates not being lag compensated in the way the opposing team is, The user will typically need to aim in front of where the teammates appear to be moving.
    • This also means the user can appear to hit allies that are seemingly out of range, but moving towards to the user.

• Informative
Reactions: TRGGB2 and Gold
I don't think we're going to find anyone for this.

Best bet is to get the code, source where the FF part is in slender fortress and try it out separate from jailbreak and then try to pop it onto jailbreak.

Is jailbreak redux friendly fire any better? Has anybody tried?

I don't think we're going to find anyone for this.

Best bet is to get the code, source where the FF part is in slender fortress and try it out separate from jailbreak and then try to pop it onto jailbreak.

Is jailbreak redux friendly fire any better? Has anybody tried?
To my knowledge it still uses mp_friendlyfire

Unfortunately this is not going to be achievable with lack of help. We've looked into it and it would require knowledge outside of what we know all ready. Nobody is coming forward to help, so this cannot proceed.

Declined.

• Agree
Reactions: TWC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread