Completed [JB] "LR was attempted" is abused in its current state (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unicake

Many blue players don't understand the "LR was attempted" rule as it doesn't clearly state circumstances for the LR to be considered attempted.

In its current state this rule is used most of the time to deny the LR entirely with the slightest effort from the blue team, usually the LR that a red worked hard for the prior rounds is declined due to blue incompetence, and the blues using loophole logic to consider the LR "attempted".

Right now it seems that the warden saying "Ok we're gonna do [game from LR] crouchwalk follow me" and then dying from his own incompetence without even reaching the minigame, is enough to consider the LR attempted, which is unfair and nullifies the point of getting LR in the first place.

I suggest that the rule is changed to something like the LR has to be atleast started for simpler LRs, and completed partially for advanced LRs with many moving parts, like starting FF and the warden dying is not enough for a "FF day teamkilling is kos bla bla day", or just letting reds in theatre in a "Theatre, but all reds have to do x, or x has to finish his performance".

I agree, this has been a pretty big dilemma nearly every time I am on. Even sometimes I, myself, can get confused as to what counts as an attempted LR. I think we need specifications on it ASAP, this suggestion fully has my support. Would avoid a lot of confusion and overall help LRs and the game in general.

I suggest that the rule is changed to something like the LR has to be atleast started for simpler LRs, and completed partially for advanced LRs with many moving parts, like starting FF and the warden dying is not enough for a "FF day teamkilling is kos bla bla day", or just letting reds in theatre in a "Theatre, but all reds have to do x, or x has to finish his performance".
If the wording is like this it's going to end up being leveraged into arguments in-game as to what constitutes an attempt and not get any sort of different results than what we get now.

The best way to go about any sort of rule change would be to make it more definite, because in reality making it vague will always end up with people trying to use the rule to fit what they want. To be real with you the only way to make that the case is to make it so the LR only applies if the text is visible on-screen. (I am fully aware that it bugs out on, like, hop but I'd reckon that should be looked into if this were to pass.)

This would mean that unfortunately the FF all day rounds might get shut out a little bit once every so often but customs that ask for reds to do certain minigames can still be done if the warden wants to and/or if the reds ask and there's no confusion as to whether or not the warden has to do an LR they can't see, especially if they just joined and aren't even aware a failed custom round happened in the first place.

• Useful
Reactions: Unicake
I've added a poll of the two suggested changes to the rule (and an option to leave it in the mess of a state it is in currently). If anyone has any other ideas regarding this rule change let me know and I can add it to the poll.

Reactions: hehe troll
To give my opinion on this, these are some of the circumstances I believe should allow at least one re-attempt of an LR:

All LRs:
-
If a mass freekill occurs.
- If the warden illegally denies it (unintentional or not) and/or breaks other rules.

Hunger games:
- If the warden dies before turning on FF.

Meatgrinder:
-
If the warden dies before meatgrinder can be attempted.

Reactions: King of silly
A rule will be implemented soon, the jailbreak team is currently in talks about the best way to implement said rule.

1687713908749.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread