Completed [JB] Change the rule regarding breaking building in USJB (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

I suggest we change the rule about breaking Engie buildings on Jailbreak. Currently it is set where if a red break a building they are KOS, I believe that this should be changed. My suggested change is to allow reds to break buildings unless it is during a Freeday, or the red has Freeday for themselves. To even break a dispenser or other building, the red has to be close to it, if a red runs over to a building to destroy it, they are most of the time delaying or leaving where they are supposed to be. The only contexts in which buildings are typically broken without delaying, or becoming KOS in other ways, is when a building is blocking a red or in the middle of their path to a game. This rule makes no sense since dispensers and teleporters should be far from reds, and out of the way, it is the blues fault if the red can get to it without rebelling in another way. This also lets reds clear blocked minigames when people are baiting with buildings as it won't make them KOS and they won't receive rebel status anyways (the rebel status from the plugin) preventing the type confusion that is added by hitting baiters.

I think that if the engie isn't using the dispenser for anything productive (since you can get unlimited ammo/health from the armory as blu), and he purposely puts it in front of the reds, then it shouldn't be KOS to break them. All it is is just a way for engies to have an excuse to farm stranges. Plus you can't compare something like breaking a person's dispenser to killing a blu. It's uncomparable, One is a stationary object that does nothing, and the other has the will to shoot you and move around.

Yup. Nobody knows that this rule exists and reds get really mad when you kill them for breaking buildings. Also Ian makes excellent points as to why this rule makes no sense.

The only caveat is warden should still be able to make breaking buildings KOS if they choose. I see no reason why they couldn’t if the rule that’s on the books was just removed without any other additions, but I want to make sure this suggestion isn’t misinterpreted as “a red’s rights to break buildings shall not be infringed.”

Yup. Nobody knows that this rule exists and reds get really mad when you kill them for breaking buildings.

My guess is that the rule is an artifact from a time when building gibs would drop ammo, I don't believe this is the case anymore.

• Agree
Reactions: Ian and vinny
964dbcdee5b53853c4e2cb2cb5051693.png

Rule change will be implemented, please give players some time to adjust before punishing/reporting them.

Reactions: Ian
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread