Completed [JB] Cellwars/Meatgrinder Rule Change (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semicolon Backslash

Mapper
Contributor
The current rule of cellwars and meatgrinder is as follows

---
Cellwars is where the warden will enable friendly fire and ask you to kill your cellmates. You do not have to kill your cellmates unless the Warden specifically tells you to.
Cell wars cannot be played if there are 4 or more Guards alive.
If the cell doors open during cell wars it’s implied that Prisoners will stay inside of their cells.
---
Meatgrinder is a minigame where all Prisoners are in one (deemed) confined space and FF is turned on.
Just like cell wars, meat grinder cannot be played if there are 4 or more Guards alive.
However unlike cell wars, meat grinder can also be played as an LR.
---

The updated rule would change the second line in both rule to be dependent on the initial guard count rather than the current guard count.

Cell wars cannot be played if there were 4 or more Guards alive at the start of the round.

Just like cell wars, meat grinder cannot be played if there were 4 or more Guards alive at the start of the round.

The main purpose of these games is to help small guard teams cut down on initial large prisoner sizes, allowing this game to be done further into the round defeats the purpose of this rule and instead rewards bad guard teams for letting their peers die.

The only argument I could see being made in favor of it is that it "will end rounds sooner", which I disagree with this. Currently you can already turn on friendly fire in most open areas, taking the time to walk back to cells or an enclosed space will actually increase the round time. It should also be noted that in cases where the warden convinces other guards to slay just to be able to do these games while rebellers are still on the loose, the rebellers may take longer to kill as there are now less guards to hunt them.

If you believe the rule could be changed in a better way please respond below : D

Also thank you to cowboy for pointing this out.

Last edited:
I was always under the impression it was based off the # of guards at the start of the round lol
Same. I mean it wouldnt realy change anything of the gameplay just some better wording so, go ahead I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread