Declined [JB] Bring /hug /kiss and /lick to the main JB server (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xergon

i want to /hug onyx why can't i use /hug on my homies?

it'll be on cooldown to prevent spam (i forgot how long it was, 60 or 100 seconds?)

• Agree
Reactions: Solo
I legit agree with you Zelaird, I remember in the old days there was hug/kiss/lick. There nothing wrong with it. I don't remember why Kevin removed with it but there was no problem coming to me with it. So you know what why not yes.

I heard it was removed because of lag, however, I personally never experienced any lag or other problems with the plugin. Maybe an admin can better explain why it was removed? As long as the plugin doesn't actually cause too much lag I am definitely in favor of adding it back.

• Agree
I legit agree with you Zelaird, I remember in the old days there was hug/kiss/lick. There nothing wrong with it. I don't remember why Kevin removed it but there was no problem coming to me with it. So you know what why not yes.
Fixed my grammar.

When was /lick ever a thing? I remember hug and kiss and since they have them on the EU servers for example like Trade and DR why not add them!

• Haha
Reactions: Aces
Lick was never a thing, but I would like /hug and /kiss to return. It was a fun addition, and I don't see a reason why it shouldn't be on JB.

The /hug and /kiss commands were removed because whenever someone used them the server would've lagged :<
It was a main problem over the US FF2 server as far as i remember, i don't know about Jailbreak though.. were there lagspikes when someone used the commands over Jb?

i don't remember any lag from using the commands from all the time i've played

• Agree
If that's not the case then we could add it back for a week or two and test it out, see if there are any lagspikes and if not add it permanently maybe

I think 30 seconds should be good to,since most forget it anyway

I can really only think of two reasons not to: they can sometimes be annoying when spammed, but that didn't happen too often in my experiences with it. The other is there are a few times where someone would get a lag spike if they were hugged/ kissed but I feel like that was more isolated to a couple people who were probably playing on a toaster anyways. As long as we don't add lick (ew) I don't really see this as too much of a problem to add back.

Reactions: salguod
/lick is totally a thing, i remember it being on some deathrun server

The issue was /hug @all . When the command happened, it would run through every user on the server to give them a +1 as the /hug command had a leader board. A server that is 32 player slots, you would experience 'lag' when this happens. Also people would glitch /hug to hug twice. Really rustled feathers for 'hug farming' x)

People have asked for it to return but Kevin says no. So I believe this will end up being declined regardless of what the vote wants. Still we'll keep it up just in case Kevin says yes. No /lick though that wasn't previously on panda.

Can't kevin just disable /hug all? Or change the server's netcode so it won't lag as much?

/lick would just make people uncomfortable.

• Love
Reactions: bap!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread