Pending [JB] Allow Airblasting and Charging on Red (1 Viewer)

what

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky

Mapper
let red pyros airblast yes or no

let red demomen charge, maybe with half speed & slower recharge if possible

ok bye

currently reading the thread like

Attachments

• video0.mov
    1.3 MB
  • Dislike
Reactions: TWC
I think the cooldown thing would be actually really nice

• Dislike
Reactions: TWC
imo both of these changes are not needed, because red pyros being able to airblast can just m2 spam on melee only, and charging will make demos 1 hit 1 kill as red.

Last edited:
imo both of these changes are not needed, because red pyros being able to airblast can just m2 spam on melee only, and charging will make demos 1 hit 1 kill as red.
we, as in like 15 jb players including gold were talking about having it the same way wonderland has it, allowing them to charge when they rebel

• Agree
Reactions: Gold
Red pyros air blasting seems fine. Im not sure why it was ever disabled and its the guards fault for letting pyros get ammo in the first place even on melee only day so I don't see the argument there.

Definitely should not give demos the ability to charge again. That would be mayhem, demos would rush blues out of positions even slightly and make rounds a nightmare for them. Maybe they could charge if they had rebel status like you said but I still find it too extreme.

• sm_tf2jail_democharge - 1 - Allow demomen to charge: (1 = enable, 0 = disable)
    [*]sm_tf2jail_doublejump - 1 - Deny scouts to double jump: (1 = enable, 0 = disable)
    [*]sm_tf2jail_airblast - 1 - Deny pyros to airblast: (1 = enable, 0 = disable)

I'm wondering if it's something to do with these, but the other cvars has team specific settings where as these do not.

Disable DemoMan's charge ability? 0 = Allow; 1 = Disable for Blue team; 2 = Disable for Red team; 3 = Disable for all

• Default: 3
  • Max: 3
  • Min: 0
  • sm_tf2jr_demo_charge
Disable Pyro airblast? (Requires TF2Attributes)

• Default: 1
  • Max: 1
  • sm_tf2jr_airblast
Disable Scout doublejump? (Requires TF2Attributes)

• Default: 1
  • Max: 1
  • sm_tf2jr_double_jump

So in redux, there is a toggle for demoman charge depending on team, but why are double jump and airblast not...

A mystery to test! If this gets done. So depending on which pluggin we're on if Kevin does is we have the cvars ready.
Ofc, according to the poll we'll only do pyro airblast. I know there's something about scout in another thread.

I have a feeling these are enabled, and disabling them when disable it for blue too. If so it'll have to be looked into further.
I'll task it up anyways

Task
#161 Allow red pyros to airblast on jailbreak

Due to the sheer age of this suggestion I will be redoing the poll to gage if the modern jb community still has an interest in seeing these changes implemented. I will also be removing the option that I know no one will be bothered to code.

54410286f9f330196dd44157958a4d63.png

Red pyros air blasting seems fine. Im not sure why it was ever disabled and its the guards fault for letting pyros get ammo in the first place even on melee only day so I don't see the argument there.

Definitely should not give demos the ability to charge again. That would be mayhem, demos would rush blues out of positions even slightly and make rounds a nightmare for them. Maybe they could charge if they had rebel status like you said but I still find it too extreme.

• Agree
Reactions: Semicolon Backslash
Let them air blast, and let demos charge if they get ammo

letting demos charge on rebel would help some demo knight playstyles, as when they get into the armory they have basically no way to fight back unless the blue has low health, or is a slower class that's unaware of their current rebel status.

yes for airblasting
no for automatic charge privileges but,
on rebel is a good maybe? or if someone has the coding skills, you could reduce the speed or increase the recharge time after use?

3e9764fe10629a41e628f2d68190e05b.png

Outcome is still the same as last time. We will look into the possibility of enabling airblast for red pyro's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread