Declined JB Admin Vodka Application 2.0 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riobi

Username:
Asper

Steam32 ID:
STEAM_0:0:205941684

Your age:

Current playtime on relevant server(s)
29d 03:53:37h

Link to your Sourcebans record:
Bans - 2
Comms - 1

(If relevant) Who gave you permission to apply?
Admin spots are open

Server you are applying for:
US Jailbreak

General online times & time zone:
CST or GMT-6

Do you have a working microphone?
Yes sir!

Previous experience as Admin or Moderator:
I admin'd for Fortress of Gamers back in 2018 before it got shutdown in November

What would you say makes you a suitable candidate? Some might be very weary to me becoming admin again since of all the drama I've been in this community but after seeing how many admins have resigned/demoted in the past couple months; It just makes me concerned on how downhill JB is going and I want to help revitalize it and make it more enjoyable for players while handling calls and punishments.

My punishments will go as follows:
720 minutes / 1440 minutes / 4320 minutes / 10080 minutes / 43200 minutes / Perm

120 minutes / 240 minutes / 360 minutes / Perm

I unfortunately have a VAC ban from1342 days ago hopefully that will not impede my application :)

@Semicolon Backslash
@Cridove
@Sleepzombie
@OpenDanger
@crubf

I’ll pop on occasionally but cannot lead the feedback since I’m super busy, if I don’t respond you know why.

• Informative
Reactions: Riobi
What a doozy for my first application huh
well first off I decided I would dig a little deeper than most people considering the sort of reaction from people to the initial message
First thing i did was have a look at the play time and its a little bit lacking for recent playtime in my opinion
Playtime.png

I had a little skim through the chatlogs as well and i didn't really see anything bad and i could see you were giving out warnings every now and then for illegal ff and other stuff so that's pretty good
I decided to look through the call admins next and surprisingly you have called admin a lot given the decently low amount (in my opinion) playtime
Calls.png

Now that shows that (probably due to past experience) that you know that calling is the best option in the moment so hey that's points from me.

Now this is the part where we state the real issues.
You have been involved with a lot of recent controversies, and by that I mean that nearly (NEARLY) every recent panda us jailbreak controversy has in someway or another involved you and we can see that the community doesn't really like you (once again based on the reaction on the original post) and I think it would be hard for you to really get along with the people that you are trying to be a leader or role model type figure for.
When we get down to my opinion on whether you should be an admin again I think you would be a good admin based on past experience but I don't really see you as being a good community member based on the fact that just so many people seen to hold some form of contempt for you that it would make the job infinitely harder on you.
so I'm gunna keep my response a NEUTRAL for now and maybe if i see some sort of change from the community and the opinion on you I could easily change it to a +1 because you really do have all the experience you need to be an admin.

• Agree
  • Friendly
Reactions: koe and Riobi
I'll just be quick with this one and try to keep it short because frankly, you are not fit to be in the admin team at all with how things stand.

First I'll comment straight on your application:
What would you say makes you a suitable candidate? Some might be very weary to me becoming admin again since of all the drama I've been in this community but after seeing how many admins have resigned/demoted in the past couple months; It just makes me concerned on how downhill JB is going and I want to help revitalize it and make it more enjoyable for players while handling calls and punishments.
Lacking. You don't really provide a reason why YOU are suitable to be a jb admin. From what I interpretate what you say is basically: "JB going downhill because lack of admins so I volunteer to be one." You don't provide any convincing arguments how you could do the job better than most others.

Anyway the content itself is hard to believe. When you first applied there was no concern about your behavior at all, and the criticism you received was something you defended yourself with in a very appropriate manner.
You even got yourself the admin position for a few decent months before reverting back to a regular.
However it all just went downhill from there. It is a lot to unpack so I'll just take a few examples of concerns that I want answered since I don't really understand why you would behave like that.

First is your biggest issue. Your reputation with the entire community is quite bad in general. You make a lot of beef with other people.
Most notably the gag you recieved almost exactly 1.5 months ago (also even if technically following the criteria, 1.5 months is quite recent).
You made an appeal for that, but before that you started to cause a ruckus on the Jailbreak Discord (which you are still banned from).

The other thing is that I heard how you would deliberately break rules with a friend of yours by helping eachother rebel multiple times.
There is also a report on this. It wasn't you that got reported, nor breaking any rules, but it seems obvious that you were in on this. If you plan to be an admin, you should make no exceptions when people break rules. But here, instead of giving any kind of warning, instead you take the chance to rebel.

And there is more to that, but at this point they are a bit too old for me to mention so I'll leave them out.
I don't even like mentioning this, but I doubt you take this application seriously since most of your bad perks happened recently, aswell as how little there is to read in your app.

I fail to see any reason how you can improve yourself within 2 weeks to the point that no one thinks poorly of you anymore.

I don't really see you as being a good community member based on the fact that just so many people seen to hold some form of contempt for you that it would make the job infinitely harder on you.
First is your biggest issue. Your reputation with the entire community is quite bad in general. You make a lot of beef with other people.
I understand all the controversy and the mischief/drama that I have gotten into is bad for me but all the people that I've had issues with are either inactive or have completely have left the server entirely now. Not saying its a good thing that it happened but you say that the entire community doesn't like me or already have a distaste for me in general when that's only in the JB discord server where not many people in the community are apart of. On the actual Jailbreak server, I have yet to meet a new regular that have distaste or already a lack of hatred for me even when I'm on for hours playing and having a good time.

TLDR: All the people I've had issues with have either left or is inactive in the server and saying that most or the entire community dislikes me is untrue. (despite the negative reactions I get anyways even when I first applied for admin.)
If you plan to be an admin, you should make no exceptions when people break rules.
I haven't made exceptions when people break rules while I was admin in the past and don't plan to either. I've gagged friends for spelling out the hard r and have teamban friends as well. There is no issue with me favoritizing friends.
Most notably the gag you recieved almost exactly 1.5 months ago (also even if technically following the criteria, 1.5 months is quite recent).
You made an appeal for that, but before that you started to cause a ruckus on the Jailbreak Discord (which you are still banned from).
The ruckus only started at that time because before the gag even happened me and cowboy had an mutual agreement that we wouldn't interact with each other but alas he decided to mention me and make fun of me despite our agreement. So I decided to lash out as well and when he applied no one decided to bring up the drama between me and him at all which is weird.

Once provoked you typically feed drama, or the flame per se rather than make it better/less volatile. Although I will not fault you with starting drama typically, you react poorly to drama that is pointed to you, this has led to your description by many regulars being similar, or even the same as descriptions of a "lit fuse" or even a "jb terrorist". Interestingly about 2 months ago (around when I got full), I found a situation on jb where players kept using an exploit to inhibit rounds near completely. I watched for a few rounds and recorded a demo, in which I found out that even after being warned by regulars you persisted in breaking rules under the idea that you maybe would get a slap on the wrist. Recently you have cooled down, I will not fault you with much as of the past week-2weeks regarding rulebreaking since I haven't been on to observe you, if anyone else has info that is what I'll go off of. I know you can make reports, I've seen you do it before, I'd like you to make some since when you administrated the way things are handled has changed slightly. I will be giving you an inflexible -1 for the foreseeable future until the drama around you dies down, I'd like to see you get yourself out of the lights, not into the shadows, but more on the sidelines of all of this negativity, avoiding it if you can.

There appears to be a bit of a personal-level drama that's centered around you but I don't have enough knowledge of how you are on a personal level to judge you entirely off that, so I'll simply just take a peek at your basics real quick.

Last week, OpenDanger pointed out that your playtime and !call count was rough. You responded by immediately improving both:
aWqXQrS.png

R2Bytga.png

So right off the bat you give me the feeling that you are legitimately interested in improving yourself for the better and I'm a big fan of that.

Your chatlog seems mostly okay. There's a good chunk of very straight-to-the-point warnings spread throughout, I will post one excerpt as an example but there are quite a few like this:
zI5hsI8.png

There are certain instances within your chatlog that do make me moderately uncomfortable providing a positive review but you ultimately seem like you have a genuine interest in improving yourself on a personal level based on what I can see. I think dropping you a +1 is fair, and I wish you the best of luck in the future.

That's all the feedback needed, time to put this under review!

Any questions or inactivity during under review please message me directly via discord / forums / steam. Good luck ::):

• Optimistic
Reactions: Riobi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread