Jailbreak "semi-freeday" (1 Viewer)

Maddity

"Okay, guys it's a semi-freeday. No armoury, no office, no breaking the elevators."

Because of the "...no breaking elevators." a HUUUGE argument started on the server. It was about: "It is a freeday, so we can break the elevators because it's not punishable!"
(some admins might disagree on that)

My question is: Can additional rules/orders be added to a freeday such as "no breaking elevators"?

I don't play Jailbreak but I will briefly reply anyways before the JB admins arrive.

Admins can forbid something that is not explicitly or even implicitly in the rules if they have good reason not to allow it. Here is where the relevant admin needs to step in though, as I wouldn't know why he forbade breaking the elevators.

If the elevators are broken nobody can go to the office to open the exit. So it would be impossible to escape if the elevators are broken.
I guess that's why some admins dont allow it.

I generally don't see why breaking elevators would be disallowed, unless a Guard was doing it intentionally at the round start, which then I'd have no problem with punishing for.
The only "unofficial" rule I am having with is that guards can kill you for breaking elevators. Sure, common sense and vandalism are there, but it just encourages camping, and makes it just more impossible for Prisoners to end / win the round in a Freeday / as a Rebel.
So, about which team is able to be punished:
Guards at the round start : Yes.
Prisoners : No.
And even if a Guard or Prisoner accidentaly completely destroyed the elevators, there's still the armory with ammo.

teamwide freedays are stupid itself, leads to wasted rounds and confused prisoners. Most communities ban them.
Also while on the topic of jailbreak is it possible to ban someone from blue for freekilling instead of the whole server?

I would allow it, and say that it's a reason to kill. Why? Because if prisoners are destroying the elevators, it disallows the chances for blu to go pick health packages, which is placed in the office.

Also, in real-life (I know you can't compare it, but anyways) if prisoners are destroying e.g elevators or anything else, they would get punished for it. Which in this case, is a kill.

So my answer would be, that a rule should be stating that it's not allowed to destroy elevators.

I would allow it, and say that it's a reason to kill. Why? Because if prisoners are destroying the elevators, it disallows the chances for blu to go pick health packages, which is placed in the office.

Also, in real-life (I know you can't compare it, but anyways) if prisoners are destroying e.g elevators or anything else, they would get punished for it. Which in this case, is a kill.

So my answer would be, that a rule should be stating that it's not allowed to destroy elevators.
Guards can still get health in the infirmary, and as I said, it encourages HUGE camping for the Guards.
I'd rather have small realism than have bad gameplay.

I would like to ask it in another way.

If the warden says "Freeday but no pool", are the guards allowed to kill the prisoners who enter the pool (because the warden said NO POOL), despite being a freeday? Or a freeday can't be modified with additional restrictions like "no pool"?

(consider the pool as a random restriced area anywhere on the map)

I would like to ask it in another way.

If the warden says "Freeday but no pool", are the guards allowed to kill the prisoners who enter the pool (because the warden said NO POOL), despite being a freeday? Or a freeday can't be modified with additional restrictions like "no pool"?

(consider the pool as a random restriced area anywhere on the map)
Freeday = None of the Warden's orders apply.

Guards can still get health in the infirmary, and as I said, it encourages HUGE camping for the Guards.
I'd rather have small realism than have bad gameplay.

How does it make a huge camping? There's no difference between that and the armory. I think that camping by the elevator should be disallowed, just as camping in the armory, just my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread