Jailbreak Rule Changes Feedback (1 Viewer)

Which changes should stay/be removed?

• Keep the Current Vandalism Rules

• Change Vandalism Rules Back

• Keep Warday as an LR

• Remove Warday as an LR

• Keep the Death Request Time Limit

• Remove the Death Request Time Limit

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bambi

Donator
Hello everyone.

Recently we implemented some changes to the jailbreak rules. A few however have caused some uproar and now that players have had a some time to experience how they fit, Id like to gather some beneficial feedback on how everything is. Especially from the following..

- Removed all vandalism from both Red and Blue team. You will no longer be KOS if you vandalize.
- War Day is now allowed as an LR only minigame.
- Death Request is now limited to 2 minutes to avoid round delay.

Ill also be adding a poll. The votes will remain anonymous, if you'd like to go public with what you think you can just post it below.

Personally, I've expressed my thoughts already. But for professional reasons, Ill go with whatever the majority of the community thinks.

In my opinion Warday is a contradicting LR because there is a rule that says no days allowed. The death request time limit is ok but i feel like it should be increased by a little bit like 2 minutes and 30 seconds If warden allows it. As the for vandalism rule, I have no opinions on that just have a question, If they are in the home that they brake are they kos? For example the ml castle peach painting. That’s really it. Have a good day all!

Reactions: EndMyLife
Honestly, keeping the rules of vandalism and DR time limit is reasonable; it keeps the REDs from being KoS if it’s an accidental vandalism and the time limit of DRs prohibits round delay. Warday, on the other hand, I disagree upon. I’m in favor of Custom LRs that give a chance for REDs to receive LR. Warday simply doesn’t enable that to happen. I do understand that REDs are automatically KoS for Warday but at the same time, what do the REDs get out of it? If another Custom LR is chosen instead of Warday, the REDs could have a chance for LR while playing a game that isn’t generic. I’m not saying Warday is generic, I’m saying it’s pointless to have a LR that doesn’t give the chance for LR.

Whilst I agree with most of what EndmyLife said, we already have LRs that run into the same problem, HHH and rocket day don't result in LRs and quite a few people don't mind having them in rotation.
Removing warday at this point just seems silly after it having so much positive feedback from non-forum users and being chosen regularly as an LR, a lot of people enjoy playing it and the ones that don't can simply not have it as their lr. Reducing LR Variety and giving people less choices just seems weird.

Honestly the arguments people bring up against warday would count out a bunch of other LRs as well. About not being able to get an LR: true, but neither do HHH or Rapid rockets. Guards melee only usually results in reds winning the round, while freeday for all has no LR by default. Failrounds and Prisoner wins are also common, so I'm confident only a small fraction of round without an LR are caused by warday.
Warday not being allowed cause it's a day is an argument purely based on its namesake. Days are banned as in Out-of-cell rebel day and lava day. Every LR is basically a day with a special twist, just like warday, so why is warday different?
As for warday being point farming... I don't even know what that has to do with the premise of jailbreak. Wardays are way too rare to have a large influence on someones points let alone rank. Also, you'll likely gather more points with guards melee only (as a guard demoknight) or just being a medic and ubering all the time.
Not to mention warday is meant to be a silly mockery of a normal tf2 round but in jailbreak. It's dumb, it's stupid and it shouldn't work, but it's FUNNY. Now be serious, would people rather play jb because it's a nice and balanced gamemode with everything thought through (like normal tf2) or because its fun to play and mess around? I would think the latter.
I feel the main reason people dislike warday is because they think we're becoming like other communities and getting dull(?) or because they don't like dying so soon cause they can't fight the blus/reds when they're in a good position. If the latter is what you think then little baby cry cry lamo, if the first is what you think then I suggest you elaborate.

As for vandalism I like the rules as they are now cause they were confusing before, but if the rules were changed so that no vandalism is allowed at all I'd be fine with that too.

Also dr time limit should speak for itself

Users who are viewing this thread