Duplicate Jailbreak: Regaurding Crits (and the Mini-Compromise) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most TF2 Jailbreak servers such as Blackwonder and Flux (if that one still even exists) grant gaurds 100% crits, should the warden be alive. I hear many complaints about crits. The reason I wanted to make this post was because I wanted to close the drama that surrounds the issues of crit balancing. I would like to make a proposal regarding said change. (Even though I am on the side of crits being removed, resulting in my opinion being pretty bias, don't let that stop you from making your arguments in the comments or even reading the post.) I know I'm not the first person to suggest something similar, but I came up with the idea before reading other forums like this. I also know not everyone is going to agree with me and notice some flaws, please point them out.

I feel I should get some context out the way first, starting off with why people defend full crits...
Reason 1: "Gaurds need the full crits to even have a chance against rebellers."
Reason 1.5: "There are half as many gaurds as there are prisoners, the crits make them much easier to deal with."
Reason 2: "It's already perfectly balanced as it is."
Reason 3: "Most gaurds don't exactly have the best aiming skills."

There are just as many people who want crits removed as there are who want them to stay...
Reason 1: "The full crits make it impossible to rebel, especially as spy."
Reason 2: "The full crits make many weapons like the Backburner completely useless."
Reason 3: "The full crits make it much easier to freekill."

Since I already stated I am all for removing full crits, I feel it is necessary to state why I am. If you're a gaurd and can only land 2 out of 10 shots on a moving target, then you should just get better at aiming. If you can aim consistently, there is no need for a set of training wheels. And even if you do have good aim and there's a medic running at you with an Ubersaw, you still have a gun, out-range him. I know not everyone has the reaction time of a robot, but if you're so close to them that you can't even react fast enough then it's pretty much your fault. You should keep a distance to prisoners in the first place.

Getting to the point of this post, I would like to make my proposal...
I introduce you all to:

The Mini-Compromise
Grant guards mini-crits when half of their team is dead.
Why I think it's a good idea:
  • Guards that don't need crits aren't carried by full crits
  • New/bad players have better opportunities to become generally better at aiming
  • Only activates when the guards really need support
  • Other weapons that reward crits under certain conditions now only reward crits when said conditions are met
  • Fights between guards and rebels with ammo are much more fair
  • Overall healthy balance-wise

I also completely forgot to mention that other source games such as Counter-Strike and Garry's Mod do not have (random) crits in the core game, which results in the absence of 100% crits in their respective Jailbreak gamemodes. And those servers do just fine. Just thought it might be something you want to note.

092F46C6-FF7C-4E8E-AAEE-253A8ECDB8E3.jpeg

This was suggested almost a week ago.

And I explained that most guards are not really good at the game, so crits at least give guards a chance at survival, if you want a more in depth look at why crits should stay, just search up the other like 5 million times this was suggested. Overall, crits stay.

Reactions: vinny and TRGGB2
We have like more than 5 suggestions about this please stop.
Don't believe me?

I'll guess I'll Repeat no. Heres why.
Reason 1: "The full crits make it impossible to rebel, especially as spy."
i already stated my opinion on this thread.

Reason 2: "The full crits make many weapons like the Backburner completely useless."

Crits in jb would make some weapons useless such as jarate or the fan of war (who still uses the fan of war on blu xD) but it could be reliable in some situations. Won't go any further explantion.

Reason 3: "The full crits make it much easier to freekill."

It is a good point but wouldn't serve the purpose in my opinion.

Now for quotes from Admins about the "turn crits in mini crits of whatever" as NO!
Madact:
Screenshot_2020-04-30 Pending - Crits in JB.png

ZeroPC:
I couldn't find the thread but I remember saying "Crits are for to keep the RED's in order"

My opinion ok now please no kill me!

Last edited:
View attachment 12756
This was suggested almost a week ago.

And I explained that most guards are not really good at the game, so crits at least give guards a chance at survival, if you want a more in depth look at why crits should stay, just search up the other like 5 million times this was suggested. Overall, crits stay.
I am aware of the points you made defending full crits and have in fact made sure to address those arguments in the post. I did a lot of research on the forums and used my own past experience to construct the post. One of the points I made defending crits was taken directly from the poll. I wanted to introduce a semi-new concept that also points out both sides' arguments. Hence why I named the concept a compromise.

Ladies and gentleman I present to you the question of the century.
Who is going to code this?
In reality unless we got someone willing to make this (or if you find a working plugin) it wont happen no matter the votes. we essentially have 3 options full crits mini-crits or no-crits pick your favorite.

• Haha
Reactions: TRGGB2
We have like more than 5 suggestions about this please stop.
Don't believe me?

I'll guess I'll Repeat no. Heres why.

i already stated my opinion on this thread.

Crits in jb would make some weapons useless such as jarate or the fan of war (who still uses the fan of war on blu xD) but it could be reliable in some situations. Won't go any further explantion.

It is a good point but wouldn't serve the purpose in my opinion.

Now for quotes from Admins about the "turn crits in mini crits of whatever" as NO!
Madact:
View attachment 12757
ZeroPC:
I couldn't find the thread but I remember saying "Crits are for to keep the RED's in order"

My opinion ok now please no kill me!
None of the points on the post are my own. All points defending and against crits were taken directly from other forum posts and their following comments. (I admit, it was my fault for not saying that in the original post.) I made sure my opinion addresses my own original thoughts. The intention of the post was to suggest new crit balancing that doesn't completely remove crits and invalidate the common argument of fights being too unfair. I made sure to keep balancing and what the community wants in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread