Jailbreak Question (1 Viewer)

Ian

Hello, I have a clarification to make. So today I was teambanned for freekill after I gave the order "go into the water at the start of the stairway to heaven." A bunch of people left the water to start the game, and I killed them. Then later I was teambanned for freekilling. I know it is only 120 minutes, but still I do not understand why that was considered freekill. The counterarguement was that I did not say te reds could not start, but the order was to go to the water, and nothing else. When someone is asked to go to the yellow line, and they leave they are kos, so why is it when I ask someone to go into the water in stairway, they can just leave, and be ok?

That is quite odd indeed. The rules state warden must give strict and clear orders so that prisoners won't get confused to do. Your simple order of "go into the water of stairway" was probably read by an admin as "not clear enough" or something along those lines thus leading them to believe reds could freely start. Just a guess to maybe why you were teambanned.

That being said however "The Warden has to give strict orders to the Prisoners if they can start it or where the Prisoners have to stand, if this isn't the case Prisoners are free to start the Minigame or stand where they want." If what you say is true, you told where reds to stand (in the water) and that forces reds not to start the game. I would say if anyone started, none were freekills what so ever as well.

Just curious, do you happen to know the admin that gave you this teamban? Would be great to perhaps let them know you are here wanting a better explanation and maybe get their take.

• Useful
Reactions: vinny, Gold and Ian
No I do not, as they were not on my friends list, nor did they give their name when using their admin announcement chat. I did come back online roughly 4-5 minutes later and see A Random Coffee Table online, in the JB server, and I assume it was him, but that is an assumption and can not be taken for fact; unless he, himself confirms this.

• Informative
Reactions: Gold and Bambi
Also, did anyone take a recording of the incident, as I was punished 20 minutes after the incident roughly, which occurred while no administrator appeared to be online, and if the administrator was online, I would assume they were gathering evidence or something similar during that 20 minutes?

Hi, sorry for the late response, my day has been brutal. I was the admin that banned you, though I guess we were both under different names than usual, I was using a different name and pfp as there were multiple calls for admin that had come through and was gathering evidence for those reports and your rule break happened to towards the beginning of that, which lead to the gap between the action. As bambi referenced, I was thinking of the rule stating that orders have to specifically state reds can't start and at the time, I didn't think order qualified for that in conjunction with all the reds being killed.

However, after reflection and discussing it with the jb team, I believe I made an error in judgement in that ban and that it shouldn't have happened; I am sorry about that. Checking your sessions, I don't think it has expired yet, so if you are playing and an admin joins I'd recommending asking for one of us to lift it as it was placed on you unfairly.

• Funny
Reactions: Jim Bob and TWC
You are 100% ok my teamban has expired, and you were probably just tired, or stressed, I understand what it is like to do something while you are exhausted . I am not going to show any choler towards you for your judgement, we make decisions all of the time, and not always do we have a long amount of time to think in our minds on how to execute these actions, lots of options are set before you and, you picked a logical solution, for a questionable action on my part.

Users who are viewing this thread