Completed Jailbreak Megathread Gameplay Suggestions (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sin.

Hi, I'm posting this on behalf of @Gold

Hello, welcome to the Gameplay side of the mega thread. If this is the first thread you are seeing welcome this is a really big jb suggestion split up into 3 threads. 1 for gameplay and 2 for maps :) any questions feel free to comment or dm me or gold on discord/steam :) ok let's get into it.

1. Map nomination cooldowns

2. Allowing custom minigames in the cell area

3. Red scouts to double jump

4. increasing round limit and time limit

Now time for me to go into detail about them.

1. So on jb a while back we had this massive issue where we would just go back and forth between maps which really annoyed me. So I propose we have a cooldown on map nominations. I've recently been on dr and seen that they have a (recently played) next to the map which I really did like so maps don't get overplayed. So we basically just implement that into jailbreak.

2. Pretty self-explanatory. Doing custom minigames won't really harm the round in any way so I say we should add this

3. Also, pretty self- explanatory but I'm going to be real with you I feel like this will cause a lot of controversies but hear me out on this one. When jailbreaks plugin completely broke and pyros could have used jetpacks and red scouts could double jump. The blues adapted quite quickly and told the red scouts no double jumping so it would be that hard for the warden to just restrict double jumping for scouts

4. Now this one will cause a lot of controversies since when I first spoke about the topic the majority didn't agree with me but when I asked again most people agreed with me. So what I'm proposing is that we increase the round time limit from 10 minutes to 13. It doesn't have to be 13 I just 13 is good enough to have good rounds that aren't just obby first to finish and one scout gets lr. it can also allow the warden to get creative in the round and have some more exciting rounds rather than having robotic-like rounds. And for the map time limit, I say increase from the standard 45 minutes to 1 hour. In retrospect, It does seem like a big jump but in reality, its just 15 more minutes of gameplay which shouldn't affect anything major.

Thats all for gameplay changes but we also have a lot map suggestions so please vote on those as well :) anyways have a goodnight/ morning/ evening

it can also allow the warden to get creative in the round and have some more exciting rounds rather than having robotic-like rounds
I’ve played a fair bit on other servers with 13 minute time limits, Majority of wardens don’t do “creative” games they still do the usual overplayed games and the extra time ends up being used for delaying. If you want to possibly create more delay just to play “duck duck goose” or pokemon every once in a while go ahead, but I personally don’t want to be stuck sitting in spectator for any longer than I am already.

cooldowns are a great thing to add, especially for people who stay on the server for long periods of time as they don't have to play mlcastle-hop-supermario all the time and can enjoy some of the other maps pls add it : )

I would like to argue against doing mini games in cell area on the basic fact that it makes it almost impossible to escape/ rebel. You just station guards at each exit and now the reds are boxed in and they don't have any place to go to attempt an escape. I think a fair compromise would be allowing meatgrinder or LRs in cell area (already kind of allowed, but hg crouching main cell area is cancer), but spending a whole round in cell area, which would now be possible, makes rebelling much harder.

• Indifferent
Reactions: Larry
I would like to argue against doing mini games in cell area on the basic fact that it makes it almost impossible to escape/ rebel. You just station guards at each exit and now the reds are boxed in and they don't have any place to go to attempt an escape. I think a fair compromise would be allowing meatgrinder or LRs in cell area (already kind of allowed, but hg crouching main cell area is cancer), but spending a whole round in cell area, which would now be possible, makes rebelling much harder.
I understand where your coming from and it will probably be abused. It will probably make it easier for the gaurds but there aren't many things you can do in cell area for the entire round without LR. I think allowing games in Cell area would be fine because of rules and cell area only usually having armory and medic.
EDIT: Removed a bad point

1. Great. I would love to see maps like Chretien or District a bit more, and I would love to see Supermario a lot less. Don't know why, never liked the map, but I do think that a small update to the map pool to remove a couple of the inferior, older maps (not ml_castle)

2. No problems with this. I don't like Pokemon very much but liking something is not equivalent with being not okay with something.

3. This would be a huge buff to haze. Jokes aside, I don't think this would be good for reasons of scouts getting advantages in certain minigames such as Wipeout; bhop; and other games that reward being able to actually single jump effectively. I don't like giving scouts a get out of jail free card in these instances, but I also see the point in giving wardens the possibility to restrict scouts' double jumps. So, I could see this working out. If scouts get double jump, though, pyros should get jetpack.

4. I don't care about this but I don't want to be freekilled at the start of a 13 minute round without an admin on and wait the whole timer. Map time, though, I'm iffy on but I would love it if we could have lower barriers to, say, rtv the map.

Reactions: Larry
Ok, I will edit the rules to allow custom mini games in cell area. The rest of this suggestion will have to go through @Kevin since it’s out of my control. Might make a task later if that’s necessary, but for now whatever has the majority vote is what we will go with.

• Happy
Reactions: Heather and Gold
last played 3 maps will be execluded + round time has been changed to 60 minutes instead 45.
changes will be active upon mapchange.

• Friendly
Reactions: Gold
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread