• No crits, only random

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • No crits at all

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Da Random

As I've lately started playing more jailbreak, I've felt that the guards to way too much damage. I have brought up this topic before, but now I am seriously annoyed about this. Even as a guard I feel like I am killing prisoners way too easy. So I am asking, what would you want to change the crits to?

Here are some stats if anyone's wondering.

• Critical Hit - Does 3x the weapon's damage.
  • Mini-Crit - Does 35% increased weapon damage.
  • No crit, only random - Normal weapon damage. Has a small chance of getting a critical hit.
Vote and leave responses.

EDIT: Added another poll option.

Last edited:
Why not remove that little annoying random element known as Random crits while you are on it?

• Agree
Reactions: CiroBishop
Ye, but you forget something: if guards can be 4/5 for example, prisoners usually are 19.
What I mean, the prisoners are always too, too many for the guards. The crits is the only thing that can allow them to keep control.
Imagine that all prisoners run away, and this happens. The situation would become impossible to manage for guards without crits.

You'd say, prisoners only have melee (and uber for medic). And so?? It would still be a problem, imo.

Anyway, unless the guards don't abuse of the crits, which means, also freekilling, I don't see the point in removing the crits (or minicrits).

If the guards would be of the same numbers of prisoners, then I'd understand the random crits, but not now.

So, now the choise would be between 100% crits and minicrits. For the reason I explained, well... I don't know. But surely, guards must have a sort of advantage because of what I explained.

Ye, but you forget something: if guards can be 4/5 for example, prisoners usually are 19.
What I mean, the prisoners are always too, too much for the guards. The crits is the only thing that can allow them to keep control.
Imagine that all prisoners run away, and this happens. The situation would become impossible to manage for guards without crits.

You'd say, prisoners only have melee (and uber for medic). And so?? It would still be a problem, imo.

Anyway, unless the guards don't abuse of the crits, which means, also freekilling, I don't see the point in removing the crits (or minicrits).

If the guards would be of the same numbers of prisoners, then I'd understand the random crits, but not now.

So, now the choise would be between 100% crits and minicrits. For the reason I explained, well... I don't know. But surely, guards must have a sort of advantage because of what I explained.
I have played on another community's Jailbreak where neither crits, nor random crits, was a thing. It worked just fine.
The Guards have the guns, there is just one armoury; it should not be an issue.

should not
eh, it CAN, instead. I don't remember if you use to play as Guard, but you surely actually don't remember some situations where without any crits, and with a big big majority of prisoners, the situation would become impossible to manage.

eh, it CAN, instead. I don't remember if you use to play as Guard, but you surely actually don't remember some situations where without any crits, and with a big big majority of prisoners, the situation would become impossible to manage.
Any situation is managable for me, whether it be alone or with five other guards. It is not very hard.

You didn't answer to my question:Do you really use to be Guard? Because, well, if you say that every situation can be managable, then I have to suppose that you don't play (or don't much) as Guard.

Matt-ers? Is right, it would be impossible to keep the control over the prisioners without having at least mini crits, also I always felt the same as Da Random maybe minicrits and the effect of the Battalion's backup would be balanced since you can't simply one hit every prisoner but you still have a chance to fight a great number of them due to crit resistance and 35% damage reduction.

You didn't answer to my question:Do you really use to be Guard? Because, well, if you say that every situation can be managable, then I have to suppose that you don't play (or don't much) as Guard.
On the community I was previously on, my total amount of playtime as a guard/warden is probably equivalent to somewhere around your total playtime on Panda's Jailbreak. Although I do not usually play Jailbreak here, I usually am a guard when I do, and I do not see any unmanagable situations.

EDIT: Or well, I do see situations that would be hard to solve without crits, but those are created because I know I can rely on crits. If I hadn't crits to rely on, these situations would not be anything to worry about.

Last edited:
In my opinion, guard should have 100% crits, because we have to remember that guards are not supposed to kill us, they are supposed to shoot you ONLY if you rebel, and these days in jailbreak, prisoners have changed, they always rebel and kill the guard. And I don't disagree with this, i always rebel as a prisoner, but teh diffeence is that i never try to kill the warden at the begining odf the round, no I only escape run around , and being chased around the jail, I have to admit this is fun.But it's not really fun to end the round at its own begining : It only ruinds the game and the other player's game. Oh and being warden is not that simple, you always have to be really strict and most of the time do the "cell-wars", if you are asking youself : " why people hate being warden these days ?" Well it's simple : It's realy hard to handle 16 ( or MORE ) random guys who ONLY wants to kill you and end the round !

Also I don't know how many times people who knows me in Jailbreak always ask me non-stop to be their warden, and I know why they are asking , and I also completly understand them ; EVERYTIME that someone is warden there will ALWAYS be someone who will rush him and melee kill him and end the round really quick. And guess how (most of the time ) he kills him ? With crits.

So again , it's only my opinion you are right to disagree with me but trust me I played jailbreak since 2013 so I've noticed the difference and I know what is the real problem. Crits are here for a reason but we forgot it because we always want to kill the BLU team. So my question is : What if we try to forget about rebeling at the begining of the round and focus more about making plans together as a team and try to escape like real jailbreak games ?
(No but for real, it should be more fun if we took BLU team more seriously... I mean guys ... they have CRITS )

How about full crits for the blue when the warden is alive and mini crits when he is dead? That way the warden and his team can protect themself from rebels and they can remain control and make sure that every1 listens to thier orders better, and when the warden is dead and it's freeday the guards will still have crit power but the crits will be weaker

Last edited:
How about full crits for the blue when the warden is alive and mini crits when he is dead? That way the warden and his team can protect themself from rebels and they can remain control and make sure that every1 listens to thier orders better, and when the warden is dead and it's freeday the guards will still have crit power but the crits will be weaker
Why didn't I think of this? +1

Well that would encourage the prisioners even more to charge down the warden...
No, because it would still be crits they are fighting against, and after that it's still mini-crits.

How about this, Crits for the last guard and all guards when a warden is present, Mini-Crits otherwise?

Do you mean, so:
1) Crits when: there's the last guard; the warden is still alive and working and crits go to all guards (including Warden).
2) Mini-Crits when: there's no Warden and so it's freeday, and you give minicrits to all guards left
Right?

Ye, this could be accepted.

(Incase you don't get it, *bump*)
So, is there any way to make the guards have crits when last guard/warden is present, and mini when otherwise?

Vecomti, we made a whole thread discussing about this, why crits or minicrits are really needed ....

Anyway, Da Random, I don't know.

@Kevin , read here:
1) Crits when: there's the last guard; the warden is still alive and working and crits go to all guards (including Warden).
2) Mini-Crits when: there's no Warden and so it's freeday, and you give minicrits to all guards left

If we don't find a solution to this, I don't see anyway a big problem. Problems in Jailbreak are definitively others ... and it's useless I write them here, everybody knows them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread