Issues with the server. (1 Viewer)

violet

Hi, I've spent a large amount of time on #10, around 17 days & 6 hours + another full day on my alt account.
I really really love the server and the community, but having played here for so long, I've noticed that very frequently, the same map has been running for multiple days and that causes the entire server to become very jittery and unplayable, with viewmodels being glitchy and somewhat broken, enemies warping ever so slightly, and sometimes just sliding around in one position, essentially making hitscan classes (especially sniper) basically not even worth playing.

This can be fixed with a simple map reload, but it's getting really frequent that the map needs reloading, and sometimes it reaches the point of being unplayable late at night when there are still people there, and there's no admins available to reload the map so people are either forced to leave or deal with the issues.

I am also the only person that is aware that the length of time the map has been running causes the laggy unplayable mess that it becomes so there are people constantly complaining about the lag and I feel that it gives off a bad impression of the wonderful community if it is the first server a new player finds.

The admins are very helpful with this and I appreciate the help, but as I said, sometimes there's no one available. (That also goes for rulebreakers late at night, as I've seen that (mic)spammers and excessive spawncampers are far more common in the nighttime due to there being less admin activity, I'd imagine).
Electrod said they could visit the server more often, but I think, if possible, having the map reload after a certain period of time would make a lot of the issues that come up when the map has been on for too long go away very easily.
I wasn't sure whether to put this into the suggestions or this but I figured this would be more appropriate as this is for one specific server.

I'd also apply for adminship myself so that I could deal with issues when and where I saw them when there was no one else available but I don't know how well that'd go down.

Can't really add much. We know that the servers with 1 map need reloads each day; it's been discussed but hasn't been added yet. Now that there's a thread about it Kevin will likely add it to his to do list.

nothing that i didnt know, need to try the solution that i have.

I was thinking to make a map cycle with
plr_hightower and plr_hightower_event
Same map but only one has a little twist (and you can use the magic stuff on the event one :)

I think that'd be far too much of a change from what it is right now.

Users who are viewing this thread