Issue with downloading maps in TF2 ;-; (1 Viewer)

The Doctor

Welp rip me, I recently discovered that my TF2 refuses to download maps when I join a server that I don't already have the map downloaded like 90% of the time (That number was just pulled out of thin air but you get my point ;-; ).

Anyway I was wondering if anyone would be able to assist me with this or direct me somewhere that all of the maps used by Panda-Community or to be willing to email or send via a file transfer in some way, I'd be hugely grateful so I don't have to leave the community servers because of something as silly as my game being like ha nope you're not playing no more.

Anyway I was beginning to digress, if someone could help me out or better yet direct me to or send me all of the files I'd be so grateful and I can provide my email if required. :3

Have you checked your preferences in the options menu at the multiplayer tab? You might've disallowed to download all the custom content.

Yup, I'm pretty dumb but that was the first thing I checked, I cycled through all of the available options, updated and restarted TF2 to see if there would be any diference even though it was already set to that but unfortunately it stayed the same. ;-;
Have you checked your preferences in the options menu at the multiplayer tab? You might've disallowed to download all the custom content.

What is the error message you're getting when joining?

I'll check to quote the exact message, please bare with me but its something along the lines of me missing the map. ;-;

I've done one better, I've provided a screen shot. Prior to this it said it was loading then came up with the whole do you with to black list this server and when I say no this is behind it. ;-;

Missing map issue.png

The thing is it has no issue downloading custom sounds, effects or other files from a server just the maps themselves and this is consistent with many maps on all servers if they are not downloaded prior to entering the server so its not just an issue with the Panda-Community servers themselves. Most likely an issue with my account or hardware etc, idk I'm pretty uneducated in this area. ;-; *Wishes I could learn more about computing*

It'd probably be easier to determine your issue if you could provide console output generated during the connect.

It'd probably be easier to determine your issue if you could provide console output generated during the connect.
Yeah I suppose that would make sense, you mean copy everything out of my console or what? (Sorry I'm kinda dumb ><)

If you're not sure, just copy the whole lot. Also make sure to use spoilers :^)

In the message editor you type your message in, you'll see sections containing buttons to bold, write in italics, etc. In the 6th section you'll find a way to insert smilies and images. You'll also find a plus button. Click that and then select spoiler from the dropdown. You'll be guided through inserting a spoiler by a series of dialogs.

In the message editor you type your message in, you'll see sections containing buttons to bold, write in italics, etc. In the 6th section you'll find a way to insert smilies and images. You'll also find a plus button. Click that and then select spoiler from the dropdown. You'll be guided through inserting a spoiler by a series of dialogs.
Okay thanks. XD
I'll do that in a moment after a few rounds of Jailbreak maybe it'll even change server and show it anyway. :3

It took longer than I was expecting and I had to clean some chocolate off my laptop sorry. ;-;
Anyway I assume that should be sufficient info from the command console. :3

Starting ping measurement
Failed to load sound "", file probably missing from disk/repository
[Panda] #02 [War3Source|gameME] - cp_orange_x3_panda_b2 (4/30) [type !servers to join]
[TF2Jail] Warden has been locked due to lack of a Warden.
[TF2Jail] Frankenstomps Monster has rebelled.
Frankenstomps Monster has been marked as a Rebeller.
Client 'εηғσяcιcσя∂εя' is muted by the plugin.
Frankenstomps Monster killed εηғσяcιcσя∂εя with demokatana.
Client '[F2P]xx420noscopeWEEDsnip3rx' is muted by the plugin.
Client 'CarryS CSGOBULL.COM' is unmuted by the plugin.
Client 'klay' is unmuted by the plugin.
Client 'BOB THE SPYCRAB!' is unmuted by the plugin.
Client 'εηғσяcιcσя∂εя' is unmuted by the plugin.
Client '[F2P]xx420noscopeWEEDsnip3rx' is unmuted by the plugin.
Client 'Finn the Human G.E.W.H.' is unmuted by the plugin.
Client 'The Doctor' is unmuted by the plugin.
[F2P]xx420noscopeWEEDsnip3rx suicided.
[TF2Jail] You have been unmuted.
[F2P]xx420noscopeWEEDsnip3rx : I am so bad
Wolf! suicided.
Client 'Wolf!' is muted by the plugin.
Frankenstomps Monster suicided.
Client 'Frankenstomps Monster' is muted by the plugin.
[Hive365] This server is running Hive365 Radio type !radiohelp for Help!

Team Fortress
Map: jail_minecraft_dynf_v10d
Players: 10 / 28
Build: 3662193
Server Number: 44

Saving c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\team fortress 2\tf\sound\sound.cache
Missing map maps/jail_minecraft_dynf_v10d.bsp, disconnecting

Host_Error: Map is missing

Have you made sure these two cvars are set as following?

Code:
cl_allowdownload 1
cl_downloadfilter all

The log isn't particularly conclusive. Does your /tf/download/maps folder contain the file jail_minecraft_dynf_v10d.bsp? (It shouldn't but you never know...)

Have you made sure these two cvars are set as following?

Code:
cl_allowdownload 1
cl_downloadfilter all

The log isn't particularly conclusive. Does your /tf/download/maps folder contain the file jail_minecraft_dynf_v10d.bsp? (It shouldn't but you never know...)
Hmm I'll check.
And nope for the second potential issue, that was the first thing I checked unfortunately so it wouldn't be a corrupted file issue. ;-;

I put it in the console (I'm assuming that's what you wanted me to do) and it didn't change anything, if you want the log from that fail just say and I'll post it not that it'll be much or any different I assume.

Are you by any chance using a proxy? When did it last work?

Are you by any chance using a proxy? When did it last work?
Nope not using a proxy unless it decided to make a proxy for no apparent reason, it last worked when I was back in England if I remember correctly, assuming that may be a potential cause?

Nope not using a proxy unless it decided to make a proxy for no apparent reason, it last worked when I was back in England if I remember correctly, assuming that may be a potential cause?

Are you in a school / university / hostel / hotel / public network by any chance? Because if so you are most likely using a proxy. It'll most likely resolve itsself once you're back in England.

Users who are viewing this thread