IS there a way to disable the "Instant sentry" roll in the !rtd command? (1 Viewer)

Doctor MeeM

Trainee
I was playing dodgeball and a guy rolled instant sentry, so he put it near us and he killed 3/4 of us..is there a way to disable it?

max can do this and admin have a command for disable all eng build

why would you disable one of the most fun stuff in Dodgeball?

OP.If placed well the sentry can kill your entire team..

Thats the sense of a sentry...

That's why i reduced it to 7 seconds... Everything can be removed btw...

I once killed an enemy team with a sentry. but then I toke an friendly deflected rocket to the face allfather

Saxton Hale' said:
I once killed an enemy team with a sentry. but then I toke an friendly deflected rocket to the face allfather

Hello,

yes, it's possible. If I look in the source code for the RTD, I could teoretically disable this function.
I'm responding because I have really basic knowledge about programing and stuff.

All what's need to be done is just slight mod of the source code, then recompile it and last, "kick it" and reload it on server via sm plugins reload rtd (just for imagination).

Why would you reply to an old topic like this that was already answered way back? I hope you're not desperately trying to promote yourself as a coder...

That's not the right reason, just how it would be done.

If You really want to, I can remove it so it won't confuse other people.

Last edited:
You revived an old thread with a bit false information. While you can hardcode the changes by recompiling the whole thing, there is a cfg for Roll The Dice to just change everything you want AFAIK.

Reactions: Kevin
Yeah, you can include a command in the server's autoexe to disable certain rolls on server/map restart. We used to do that with noclip in my old community.

Yeah, you can include a command in the server's autoexe to disable certain rolls on server/map restart. We used to do that with noclip in my old community.
I guess you can, but there is an easier way...
just go to the rtd effects config file(sourcemod/configs/rtd_effects.cfg) and simply delete the section of the effect you want to remove.

I do not think you should remove the instant sentry effect, there are good effects and bad effects - some are OP like: godmode, noclip... yes it can be annoying and stuff but its still fun and you still have a chance to get a really bad effect like exploding...

Maybe make it more rare to roll or something

-Sorry if i bump a very old thread, its one of the newest ones I can see

Last edited:

I guess you can, but there is an easier way...
just go to the rtd effects config file(sourcemod/configs/rtd_effects.cfg) and simply delete the section of the effect you want to remove.

I do not think you should remove the instant sentry effect, there are good effects and bad effects - some are OP like: godmode, noclip... yes it can be annoying and stuff but its still fun and you still have a chance to get a really bad effect like exploding...

Maybe make it more rare to roll or something

-Sorry if i bump a very old thread, its one of the newest ones I can see
The necrobump really was not needed. This question was answered twice before this and this thread is well over a year old.
Necrobumps are not allowed in the forum rules, I know you're new but read the rules please.

Users who are viewing this thread