Is Sweeper Roulette Ok? (1 Viewer)

Should it be allowed? (please read first)

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reactions
Sweeper Roulette is a custom game played by putting all reds in the direct center of sweeper and turning it on for half a second. If all reds are completely afk in the middle, not jumping or crouching, the game kills all reds except one person and teleports them out (if somebody jumps then it allows that person and possibly one more to survive.) Not all people like this game, especially if you play it with a lot of reds, but it's no different than playing nine square, (or crushgame with everybody afk on their own square if you wanna be fast). It's luck based, which is allowed, and it's not confusing like f.r.l.r as it is very simple.

Setting aside weather you like playing it, as far as I can tell, this doesn't break any rules, so do you think it should be allowed?

If you think no, please comment why to discuss with others.

1552101523435.png

Heather

Donator
Reactions
In terms of whether it should qualify as a game, it should, it's entirely luck based and not really fun, but it's a game to some extent.
Although, luck based games aren't fun and sure as hell drive a few people insane when they're played back-to-back.

In my personal opinion it just feels like a quick way for people to dodge being warden for a round by just ending it in 2 seconds (then again it's also really good for getting an round to end in an LR if the past few rounds have resulted in warden's death)

Ranger Ciri

Trial Gameserver Admin
Staff member
Trial Gameserver Admin
Reactions
It's an exploit, that's not how the game is played. Same goes for hitting multiple buttons in stage caos, even if people do survive, it's still not allowed

Je Hooft

Donator
Reactions
I'll tell you it probably won't get you guard banned but it is a mighty fine way to make people hate you

Also why is it an exploit Ciri? just curious

Reactions
That's kind of what I want to know as well, exploiting means to unfairly utilize something for your own advantage, but nobody has an advantage. I can see how people don't like it, but not exploiting.

Reactions
I'll tell you it probably won't get you guard banned but it is a mighty fine way to make people hate you

Also why is it an exploit Ciri? just curious
That's kind of what I want to know as well, exploiting means to unfairly utilize something for your own advantage, but nobody has an advantage. I can see how people don't like it, but not exploiting.
He just fucking said it :)
It's an exploit, that's not how the game is played. Same goes for hitting multiple buttons in stage caos, even if people do survive, it's still not allowed

Je Hooft

Donator
Reactions
Where in the rules does it say that it's not meant to be played that way? Enabling FF in minigames is allowed as well and wardens basically always order people to afk during fall game so why is this not allowed? And even if it's not allowed it definitely isn't an exploit. Like Classy Potato said when you're exploiting you're using some feature unfairly to your advantage, like using the middle podium on sweeper as a red while the rest isn't. Having all reds on the same place doing the same thing might be stupid, but it's not unfair. It's chance based, just like 9square and 4corners and it's better than theater and kitchen, which are minigames just reeking of favoritism and unfairness (not to say they aren't fun or should be removed, just making a point).

TheWalkingCake

Donator
Reactions
Enabling FF in minigames is allowed
Not thats meatgrinder which is lr only you can only do FF in arena only

And about the minigames its not suppose to be played that way as ciri said you can press multiple buttons at stage chaos and kill legit all of them its simillar to sweeper roullete but 1 guy lives.

Ranger Ciri

Trial Gameserver Admin
Staff member
Trial Gameserver Admin
Reactions
The rules doesn't need to specify every exploit, most things (including this) just happen to fall for the appropriate category. Playing a minigame differently is most of the time perfectly fine, like not allowing anyone to move in crush game for instance. However, changing the function of a minigame is mostly what these map exploits really are, especially when it's to the point where it's something the map maker obviously didn't intend to make.

(To clarify) an exploit does not necessarily need to be something done to a person's advantage, an exploit could simply be making use of something that could be considered underhand, this minigame falls for the latter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)