Completed Install Stripper: Source plugin. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skull

Mapper
So, this is a simple plugin, but it's quite useful. It allows server to change the entities of the map without actually decompiling the map file. Lot's of servers use this plugin to fix the map exploits. Useful things for this plugin:
You don't need to edit the map file. So players won't have to download newfiles.
Much easier to make then compiling a new map.

If you are thinking about installing. Here is few of the configs I made to fix maps.

Put them inside the C:\hlserver\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2 Dedicated Server\tf\addons\stripper\maps if you installed them.

Comment inside them states what things they change around the map

I can still make more if it gets accepted.

For Dangerzone:
-Fixed teleport destinations for blue.
-Fixed unused stun.

For Playstation:
-Removed ability to shred BUD card.
-Fixed gravity exploit.

For Safety_first:
-Fixed BLU team being able to crash the server.

For Office:
-Locked control point.
-Anti-rush doors open now upon touching the buttons.
-Fixed standing on top of the one spike in the spawn room.
-Motivator makes BLU team win upon reaching end.
-Changed the secret that let's you go to BLU team's area to other secret.
-Fixed players being able to move 14th trap's barrels with +use while trap isn't activated.
-Reduced useless entities.

Attachments

• pandastripper1.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 209
question is why run a plugin to fix a broken map instead of get someone to fix the map?

Because, decompiling usually breaks things in the map, and sometimes map maker's don't want their maps to be edited.
Advantages of this plugin is:
Players don't have to download any new files.
Easy to make changes. You just change lines then reload the map.
Easy to implement. You just put the file in that folder of the FTP.
You can just use the same file, just rename it if the map get's updated. If you fix a map by decompiling and that map gets a new version, you will have to make a new version for that map.

I haven't had that many issues when decompiling maps to be honest and I'm pretty sure most map makers don't have any issues with someone just fixing exploits of their map. Seeing as how most map makers use the "Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Public License", you can also just edit it freely.

Besides, wouldn't it be better to actually fix the map itself? It can then be shared online so other communities can also enjoy the new version.

Just my opinion, haha.

I haven't had that many issues when decompiling maps to be honest and I'm pretty sure most map makers don't have any issues with someone just fixing exploits of their map. Seeing as how most map makers use the "Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Public License", you can also just edit it freely.

Besides, wouldn't it be better to actually fix the map itself? It can then be shared online so other communities can also enjoy the new version.

Just my opinion, haha.
Well yeah but it's easy to just share them a text file instead of a new map file. Also owner of dr_office made dr_office_v5 just because how he was sick of servers editing his maps. It's also easier to fix it with it, let's say there is a secret in map that's so exploitable, would you rather deleting it with decompiling map, extract content, recompile, then release the map or just type 3 line of short text and fix it.

Honestly, I'd prefer fixing the map itself. But it's up to the owner how he wants to deal with it.

And yeah, dr_office is a good example, but it's also one of the most popular maps for Deathrun and has been around for over 8 years I believe? It's bound to have a lot of edits. :p

• Dislike
Reactions: Nikola
Honestly, I'd prefer fixing the map itself. But it's up to the owner how he wants to deal with it.

And yeah, dr_office is a good example, but it's also one of the most popular maps for Deathrun and has been around for over 8 years I believe? It's bound to have a lot of edits. :p
Alright but find a dev who will spend his time on decompiling map, it's resources and fixing the small exploit rather than just add a 50 line .cfg file to fix that.

Alright but find a dev who will spend his time on decompiling map, it's resources and fixing the small exploit rather than just add a 50 line .cfg file to fix that.

I'm not saying it's a bad plugin, definitely not. And it should be considered. I just mean it's more of a temporary solution than a permanent one. :)

• Informative
Reactions: Nikola
I'd really recommend to add the stripper plugin even just for deathrun server, many maps would benefit from it without editing them and making people download same sized map with 1 smoll change.

Attachments

• Stripper cfgs.zip
    7.7 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
You should attach other of stripper files for other maps which are on panda deathrun.
Haven't really made for any yet except the ones in the first post since I can't edit my posts.

Side note: while dangerzone used to cause problems with stripper, I hear that CH is working on another update for it that will stop it from causing problems. From here, there is simply no real good reason to not have this plugin (after the update is released).

Reactions: Waxel
You can also edit, add or remove any entity in a BSP without decompiling. Stripper just makes it a little more dynamic, doing it server-side instead of in de bsp

Reactions: Skull
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread