Accepted Inspector Lag's Application for NY Trade (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inspector Lag

- Name:
Inspector Lag (or just Lag)

- Permission given by:
N/A

- SteamID32:
STEAM_0:0:17914637

- Your general online times and your timezone:
My timezone is EST (I live on the east coast of the US). During Sundays and Mondays, I can be on usually at any time between 8:00 AM and 11:00PM EST. As for all the other days, I can be on usually around 5:00 PM to 11:00 PM EST

- Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for?
The NY Trade server.

- Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?
If requested by someone, I can fill in. I am not familiar with the other servers besides NY Trade but I can handle it.

- Do you have a microphone?
Yes.

- Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator:
I have in the past on a few occasions owned my own server. Additionally, I spent a short amount of time as a moderator for NGS (I resigned due to my disagreement with how some things were handled).

- Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?
I know my fair share and can pick up on anything I don't already know fairly quickly.

- Why should we choose you to be part of our team?
I believe that my basic knowledge in SourceMod management and owning my own server are a big part of why I can be a perfect fit for the job. I am also a relatively chilled-out person, and it's hard to really get on my nerves for a trivial reason. I believe these traits are the reason I would make a great addition to the staff team.

- Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.
Essentially I follow a three-step rule for punishments, warn, kick and then a ban. There are exceptions to this of course, like for instance a cheater (if not auto-detected) gets an immediate ban. Another example would be prejudice comments, as I will instead warn and then mute/gag/silence the person in question. I don't plan to bend the rules just for my three-step system, so if there are rules where a punishment is outlined, I will give that punishment.

- Link to my stats screenshot:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/inspectorlag/screenshot/948473200488456355

Bans(0)
Comms(0)
Calling NY Trade Admin/Trial:
@Madact
@Rabid

Good luck, hun.
I've played with Inspector before and they seem like a good person for the most part, only really downside is the lack of reporting, but that's mostly due to them recently joining forums and the /call command not being that useful due to the server formally lacking any dedicated admins. The punishments and policies can always be worked on and guided during trial process if accepted.

• Winner
Reactions: ZeroPC and Madact
@Inspector Lag
Hello! ::):
Thank you for your wait on this!

I have bumped into you now and then but don't seem to have a full playtime with you. Usually when I'm about to leave. So I've had a limited time in playing with you. So far though I've talked on voice with you and you seem chill.
Your previous experience would be pretty good. There is a couple of things that would be done differently here that you're use to but that depends if you get accepted or not.
I was hoping I could ask a couple of questions:
  1. You mentioned 'moderator for NGS ', do you have a link to this community for us? I can't seem to find it. (dw, it's not advertising!)
  2. Can you give me an example of a sourcemod command that you would use, preferable to either mute/gag/ban someone. Any reason / time is fine.
  3. Do you know how to record demos? Was that a requirement for your previous gaming community?
Feel free to answer them here or in private.

As for voting, if you could give me another week or two that'd be great. I'd rather not force for us to bump into each other but I'll come on on the times you've stated on this application.
Good luck :azbaby: I have noted @Rabid about this application on steam.

Edit : I've received answers in private. Feedback will come soon.

Last edited:
+1, I'm pretty satisfied with the answers and what I've seen when playing with you. You have a good playtime and usually when you play you're reserved but observant.
Will probably need a tidy up on the whole how we punish things around here but that shouldn't be a problem.

I've messaged Rabid but no response. So I'm going to put this under review so you're not missed out on the admin wave. Good luck ::):

Closed until further notice.

• Winner
Reactions: ZeroPC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread