Declined Increasing player slots (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flynt

Gameserver Admin
Staff member
Gameserver Admin
Donator
Hello fine peeps of Panda.

I'm here to make my suggestion of giving EU 2fort a similar treatment as US 2fort by increasing the player slots from 24 to 32. EU 2fort tends to be quite full during the middle of the day, this can be part of people going excessively AFK or more players being interested in 2fort.

Either way I feel like an increase in player slots would be very beneficial.

32 is a bit much in my opinion but I do think the slots could be increased. Maybe 28 slots would be better?

I played in 32 slots 2fort servers before and it really crowds every space out. If we increase the slots it basically decreases the chance of flanking through sewer or balcony a lot and it would make spy even less viable than it is right now. There are too few health- and ammo packs as it is and getting crowded out of resupplies in the sewer for a couple of minutes is one of the most annoying things already. It's already difficult to pass mid, I can't imagine the server becoming more fun with more engie stacking and sniper in defilades on the balcony.

• Useful
Reactions: B1000 and Flynt
32 would be so crazy it would add infinitely more fun possibilities

• Informative
Reactions: B1000
32 is a bit much in my opinion but I do think the slots could be increased. Maybe 28 slots would be better?

I played in 32 slots 2fort servers before and it really crowds every space out. If we increase the slots it basically decreases the chance of flanking through sewer or balcony a lot and it would make spy even less viable than it is right now. There are too few health- and ammo packs as it is and getting crowded out of resupplies in the sewer for a couple of minutes is one of the most annoying things already. It's already difficult to pass mid, I can't imagine the server becoming more fun with more engie stacking and sniper in defilades on the balcony.

Honestly I think 28 would be a good middle ground, as it is now the server does need more player slots, but I can agree that 32 might be a bit much.

To be fair, and, assessing both sides here, I think the following:
  • Sloth is correct in saying that more slots could be nice. After all, we are experiencing a full server every day (most likely due to Summer vacations starting in many places), so a bit more slots could cover this demand to play on the server
  • On the other hand, as most have said, 32 might make the server overcrowded considering that the map itself is quite small and most times, even with just 24 players, it can get a bit packed.
Taking these pros and cons into account, I will abstain from voting myself and will support whichever side ends up winning here.

• Friendly
Reactions: B1000 and Flynt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread