Declined Idle/Trade Server? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tairiku Ookami

I was just thinking, why doesn't Panda Community have an Idle/Trade server with the idle_awsomebox map that is so very very popular? Many players search for and enjoy this map so I'm surprised that with all the empty servers and game modes Panda has they don't have one or two for this popular one. Would you like to see an Idle/Trade server be added maybe in place of one of the unused ones? Sure seems like a better use of resources at least.

• Creative
Reactions: vinny and Chae
If you vote no please tell me why in reply. There are so many panda servers being paid for that almost always have 0 players on. Why not replace one with a server that could average as many players as some of the most popular panda servers.

We already have a trade server, and having a idle server seems rather pointless since why waste time doing nothing. Just better of to close tf2 and do something else, just a waste of power for a server imo.

Because your already wasting power for servers lmao, thats why I suggested to replace some empty ones. At least this one would actually get players. I dumbfounded at how you people can't see that but ok.

• Funny
Reactions: Tolfx
Sure we may have servers that are pretty dead cough EU Jailbreak cough.
But I dont see any reasons to add an idle server no matter what. Because these community servers are supposed to add more content for a wider playability (TF2 would have been dead by long if community servers didn't exist). Idle servers do not add anything other than just a waste of space in the server list. Even then I don't think anyone would be dedicated enough to administrate such server.

• Agree
Reactions: vinny
I’m strongly against it here’s why:

1. The history of “new servers/gamemode” hasn’t been all to positive. Take the zombie survival server and how it was liked by many and even voted on to be added. Sadly thought it was high demand, but a low supply of actual regulars players that could sustain the server to be active. Some members categorize them as “regulars” on particular servers and that ties into the idea of an active player base for any given server. They need the want and drive to like the server and play on it

2a. The argument of replacing dead servers is all up to Kevin. Can’t do much about that especially if this gets mostly negative feedback.
2b. The whole increasing player base thing is really a subjective topic, I mean we gets players joining everyday. Doesn’t mean they’re going to stay, heck we get a lot of bright individuals and regulars slowly leaving the community and sometimes gaming altogether. Even if we get more players we can’t force them to stay and with that those players would need something they liked to stay on ( the only scenario I could see is if they hopped onto a hypocritical Panda Idle server and then see notifications of other server and maybe try /hop to go to another server).

3. Thinking about the admin applications and rule breaker already gives me a headache being a former trial. Just think about it, if people join the server and it’s hypnotically meant to be used to idle/farm strangers/dick around. So that makes me believe that fulls maybe less incline to visit since it’s meant to be just a server where hypocritically people are just afk. This would be a perfect hive spot for people to randomly micspam, farming points ( which I guess the rule would be removed?), and break other rules if they really wanted to.

4. I’m not 100% confident with everyone view of hour and point farming, but at some point it was bannable offense ( I usually just warned/kicked people first before actually banning them; example being afk in servers just to apply for admin and not even trying to enforce rules or play on a server or using vaccinator and healing and ubering an afk).

From my experience within other communities, Idle servers are a roll of the dice as to whether or not they actually have players on them, you can't guarantee it'll be active unlike with other gamemodes, I'd argue that zombie survival is still a safer option for player counts, and that server is dead. It's wasted energy for a server that doesn't give much back.

I dont really see any good potential in idle servers, there is so many empty servers, and only few active ones and their community literally gives you admin powers to abuse if you donate a bit money to them.

Most players and people in idle servers are there to mess around talking to people maybe trading on the idle map. Its not really about idling and farming strange points. People that really want to farm strange points go on strange leveling servers. This just is just a map that makes it so your afk players you always have just standing in spawn on trade servers, slowly slide into kill zones. There are also several zones for certain activities people enjoy. Like surfing or sniper duels or airblast wars. Simply put, its a very diverse hang out server that many players enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread