Idle kick + auto balance (1 Viewer)

Solid

This also applies to #10.

Make it happen. With how popular the servers are, there is no place for people who stay afk in spawn for hours, just blocking a slot. Auto balance is necessary as well due to unbalanced teams after a mass quit from one team (I've seen 11-3's for example). At the current state either some people try to balance by joining the other team manually or the server almost completely dies.

• Agree
Reactions: stalker455655
That is a really good idea @Kevin Please?

It's been requested before, also for the servers that need it even more like VSH. But it was bugged or something.

I could reference a thousand threads with mentions of afk kickers, all the servers need this thing.

Not on the same dumb time as Pandemic, where it's 15 seconds, but 8 minutes maybe.

Again, good luck getting results.

I could reference a thousand threads with mentions of afk kickers, all the servers need this thing.

Not on the same dumb time as Pandemic, where it's 15 seconds, but 8 minutes maybe.

Again, good luck getting results.
Would do that if you're afk for 1minute,you get auto kicked,8minutes can be too much tho.

Well I don't really know if it would work well with custom gamemodes but...

Setting some CVars can eliminate the need of AFK Managers.

// Maximum time a player is allowed to be idle (in minutes), made this and sv_timeout equal same time?
mp_idlemaxtime 15

// Deals with idle players 1=send to spectator 2=kick
mp_idledealmethod 2

These are straight from a vanilla TF2 server's config file. (values are cfg default ones)

As I said before I don't know if this would work as intended, but this is the easiest way of dealing with AFK players.

Well I don't really know if it would work well with custom gamemodes but...

We're only talking about the 2 hightower servers though. An idle time of 2-3 minutes before a kick sounds reasonable.

I always found 2-3 too short, hence why I suggested above 5.

Just tabbing out and looking for a quick Outpost trade or something, nipping to the toilet, grabbing a snack, making a sandwich or whatever can take more than 2-3.

I always found 2-3 too short, hence why I suggested above 5.

Just tabbing out and looking for a quick Outpost trade or something, nipping to the toilet, grabbing a snack, making a sandwich or whatever can take more than 2-3.
If you tab out to look for a trade on outpost you should be banned permanently anyways :)
I guess 5 mins is okay but that's pretty much the upper boundary.

thats already noted, gonna check dat out in the next 1-2 days or on the weekend

Users who are viewing this thread