I know this is not the place for a thread like this (1 Viewer)

Falkì

Hello, I have a problem and I would like to ask you Pandas how to get out of it.
I have the avoidant personality disorder which sums up on a social phobia.

To explain you what this disorder means:
It basically is a constant fear of being embarassed and being rejected from another person.
Those fears are from the subconscious part of your brain, caused from tons of mental breakdowns during your childhood, so you basically can't avoid them.
Mostly I think those mental breakdowns from the childhood are caused by people who I trusted a lot but they changed faces to me, also bullies, tons and tons of brutal bullies, I was close to drown in a pool and lose consciousness because of one.

NOW I'm never getting out of my house and I'm really anxious when going outside or inside a bar or a restaurant or a shopping centre and approaching people.
I'm not great at talking to strangers unless, you know, you are on PC; but even on PC I still feel my brain pre-judging my way to do things: "tf are you doing? you have problems!"
Also Corona Virus Outbreak didn't really change a bit of my life, even if I'm restricted to stay at home...

Thankfully I have a small group of friends which I met during my childhood and which live 20 minutes from me, and they all seem mature more than I am in present days...
I feel like I'm never going to have a life "full of adventures" like others do.
I stopped relying on psychologists to help me because i've never changed, but I hope you Pandas can give me some advices because I'm trusting you guys a lot.

• Friendly
  • Sad
Reactions: Ian and Redspike
I totally agree with Zeprus. This is a serious problem and has to be dealt seriously.
However, if you wish we can talk on discord about this and I'd be very glad to help you as I can. But remember, nobody can replace a doctor in any way. Don't wait too much, otherwise then it'll be too late.

Reactions: iamhuman
Hey, we do not know each other in the slightest & I am not trained in any sort of therapy / psychology necessary to give you any sound medical advice.

I do however suffer from an often severe social anxiety & PTSD and spent countless hours speaking with medical professionals with the VA jumping through all the hoops they needed to "write me off" as OK.

I found a lot of comfort & support just from actually having someone listen and talk about the issues that had experienced it themselves. Someone who actually listens instead of just getting the info they need at that time can be a big help. If you're not comfortable with speaking about it with somebody you do not know, that's cool & understandable. I'm pretty chill though so I'm game to dive into that mess w/ ya if you ever needed to vent, discuss, etc.

I 100% agree with Zeprus, but if this helps...
Hello I have Asperger's syndrome, and I think you could probably do what I did to be able to interact with people; ask your friends to help you introduce yourself to people and see if you can have them sit by and assure you that nothing bad will happen. It helped me. You should try it, it won't kill you.

Hey, we do not know each other in the slightest & I am not trained in any sort of therapy / psychology necessary to give you any sound medical advice.

I do however suffer from an often severe social anxiety & PTSD and spent countless hours speaking with medical professionals with the VA jumping through all the hoops they needed to "write me off" as OK.

I found a lot of comfort & support just from actually having someone listen and talk about the issues that had experienced it themselves. Someone who actually listens instead of just getting the info they need at that time can be a big help. If you're not comfortable with speaking about it with somebody you do not know, that's cool & understandable. I'm pretty chill though so I'm game to dive into that mess w/ ya if you ever needed to vent, discuss, etc.
Yeah could be interesting discussing about this thing between sociophobics

I 100% agree with Zeprus, but if this helps...
Hello I have Asperger's syndrome, and I think you could probably do what I did to be able to interact with people; ask your friends to help you introduce yourself to people and see if you can have them sit by and assure you that nothing bad will happen. It helped me. You should try it, it won't kill you.
I don't know I feel like asking them to show their friends to you is rude imo
Also once I passively told one of my friends that I need to be helped on this topic and he replied "I don't think you could like my friends", after that i proceeded no more.

--------------------------

By the way I'm having a psychologist sit one time a week since the start of this summer and I feel like getting better each time I visit her.
But to be honest I still struggle to have a social interaction with someone I don't know closely, such as shopkeepers.
Even walking to a random place, I still don't get what's the real motivation of why everybody does it in the first place.

Today a client in my family restaurant asked me to make some photos of them and I felt cold like ice when I had to touch their phone and do something with it.
Honestly I didn't even know what I was doing.

• Sad
Reactions: Matth
Falko, I do not know if you have this program available to you in Italy, but here in the US there was some thing where I could go to meet people that were having similar things going on to me, which I just did not have the time for at the moment. In this meet, I could meet other people with similar scenarios. I have been told it helps people because you can relate to those people you are talking and inter-reacting with. You should check if there is something like that where you live. It might be helpful to meet people who can relate to you in that way, who have similar struggles in life.

Unfortunately I live in a small city, there's nothing like this here unless you go on bigger cities such as Rome and Milan

Honestly, ask the professionals about these things.

Users who are viewing this thread