"I have read the rules" button (1 Viewer)

SoulPriest

basically

disallow players that haven't clicked this button from being on BLU

there was a button where you could agree/disagree if you read the rules or not but sometimes people didnt see it or the "I have read the
rules" didnt appear and made people kick from the server which really annoyed them.

Everybody just clicks 1 to get the box away anyways. Won't help.

Just a suggestion
What if the motd page displayed the basic rules when a user joins the server, and had a 5 second wait period before you can continue?
This would ensure that a player cannot claim any ignorance to any rules, and won't get kicked. Only issue is some people have html mods disabled.

We could also simply reintroduce the old system except remove the kick feature, just leave the one for "I have read the rules."
Which would again, invalidate any claim of ignorance.
I can't speak for other servers, however when I slay new players for stealing I hear very often,
"I didn't know that was a rule."
"How did I die?"
etc...

• Disagree
Reactions: Dandy
Just a suggestion
What if the motd page displayed the basic rules when a user joins the server, and had a 5 second wait period before you can continue?

I've always liked the ability to tell people we don't run ads or have annoying screens that are forced upon the user. It's always, connect, pick a class, and play... I think that's a part of our core values. This, and the fact that a lot of people have disabled HTML MOTDs, I'd suggest staying away from this.

Kevin can change which number selects the accept button silly

We've done this for a very long time and we noticed it makes absolutely no difference whatsoever.

You should't hinder people from jumping straight into a game of TF2, stay as much to the vanilla way of starting a game as possible. There is no elegant way of doing something like this that does not affect usability. I have a suggestion, but it is just as inelegant as the things I've tried to debunk above; have the rules display as soon as they join the BLU team, have the rules say a 6 digit number, and require the player to type that into chat to confirm.

Users who are viewing this thread