Accepted I have been gagged. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shade

SourceBans Ban URL: https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=commslist&advSearch=STEAM_0:1:84604136&advType=steamid
Name of your Banned Steam Account: ✪ Shade
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:84604136
Date and Time of the Ban: 08-27-18 16:22
Reason about the Ban: Ghosting / Insulting
Admin that Banned you: Luigi123

Why should you receive a unban for the gag:
I don't quite understand as to why I have been gagged, since as far as I've been told and seen for myself, which has been many others, ghosting on the last person (VSH, on a turtling engi) who is camping in their spawn is a fairly common and accepted thing, giving a lost hale a hint that they're in the wrong spawn isn't an offense of any sorts and doesn't ruin the fun at all. It has been done million times before by users and admins alike, and this does feel very unfair.

Though, I apologize for possible insulting while I play, it's comicly true that I get very salty about things, cause of my death or even the ping of the current hale, even though it's in the heat of the battle and my brain is just a flat fry, it's still a thing I say and I need to be more careful about that.

Since i was the ghosted engineer i just want to say that first, i told u not to ghost and u still did and second im a regular so i know what is common and what is not and since ghosting is not allowed it is for sure not common. I would ghost myself but i wasn't set up i just escaped through a teleporter and i was just starting to build up.

Oh, well then my bad for not seeing the warning, I genuinely don't recall seeing that. Still though, very extreme measures, ghosting for the last person is a thing everyone does and I haven't seen anyone muted for this, especially not permanently (I'm aware I have been muted before, even though it's been some time).
I get that I broke the rules but this kind of a move does feel over the top, especially since there was no actual harm done.

• Agree
Reactions: Dandy
I warned u on voice chat so im pretty sure u heard it, i even think u answered me but im not sure. I know my opinion doesn't matter but i have no problem with u getting ungaged, i just don't get why u did that since u knew it will be your perm gag. Maybe u didn't see that someone got punished for ghosting but i did a lot of times.

I had no idea it was gonna be a permanent gag, nor did I know there was a separate gag page on the ban list (Damn tho, 6 already? only 2 + this one are recent tho).
And indeed I didn't ever see anyone get punished, or even warned for ghosting the last person, and I've seen multiple people ghost at the same time no problem as well, don't know what was different this time though and what made you want to report this.
And it's nice of you to be easy on me getting un-gagged, though I won't want to talk too much to seem sinister or something that I'm not.
Salty is what I am and everyone knows that lol

g) Ghosting
Communicating game-related information while in team spectator or while being dead in VSH or FF2 to give players an advantage is forbidden. If there is only one (group of) player(s) left alive in VSH or FF2 and they are explicitly waiting for the boss to find them, it is okay to tell the boss where they are to avoid wasting time. This is the only exception to this rule.

ghosting is my new favourite topic!

Mhm, thank you. We kind of got over that bit, and that I was the second one to say the camper's position which is kind of weird to be a gag-able offense, but yeah. Oh whale.

• Friendly
Reactions: Teddi
@Shade⁷ if you do get ungagged though, I would wait some time before you do say their position if they are the last guy. as I've read, King was just starting to set up when you announced where he was. give them time man to actually be prepared for the boss! :^) (thanks @Vecomti for posting that)

• Dislike
Reactions: Jim
Ah, well true, though I do chat with my friends in pm and we do get a bit impatient sometimes. I get it though and I'd be pretty pissed myself, so much I'd get gagged if I was in their place. Actually nah, if playing spy on VSH and actually getting better at it didn't make me salty, I think I'm actually going somewhere with my insults and all that.
Plus I'm getting a bit anxious and having self-control near Admins so yeah :D

yeah one good thing to learn especially in a arena mode (like vsh and ff2) is patience. if you are getting impatient watching someone camp or delay the round though you could just do something else while you wait (like i usually just watched youtube) it makes it so you are getting impatient watching someone play and it gives you something to do. Just make sure you learn from this experience though, it sad to see someone banned here for a reason they already got banned for in the past.

I mean, I never was banned for this in the past as if I ever ghosted then it was at the last person, and I've got my tactics too for spending time while dead as well so no worries :)

Wait @Shade⁷ u ghosted the last remaining user. Syntex can you confirm this

No where u the last person alive.

g) Ghosting
Communicating game-related information while in team spectator or while being dead in VSH or FF2 to give players an advantage is forbidden. If there is only one (group of) player(s) left alive in VSH or FF2 and they are explicitly waiting for the boss to find them, it is okay to tell the boss where they are to avoid wasting time. This is the only exception to this rule.

Due to adam being gagged in a previous appeal which I banned him for, he was gagged for ghosting the last user in a similar case.

https://www.panda-community.com/threads/gag-appeal.17022/#post-86806

as said by @Stabbin yeah no he should be ungagged.

• Agree
Reactions: PNN
Magglet did u read above tho? I was just building up so i wasn't wasting time or waiting for hale tho^^ Just saying as also said above i bhave no problem with him getting ungagged (sure my opinion doesnt matter tho)

g) Ghosting

Due to adam being gagged in a previous appeal which I banned him for, he was gagged for ghosting the last user in a similar case.

https://www.panda-community.com/threads/gag-appeal.17022/#post-86806

as said by @Stabbin yeah no he should be ungagged.

Has it come to your attention that the user wasn't only gagged for ghosting? He has also been gagged for insulting what I'd like to point out :), I took a look at his chatlogs and you can see some insult here and there. and I also see that you when you punished the user you punished him for 12h and then 4h the next day whilst before he got gagged by fanthom for 3days which IMO is just a little strange, this is just my opinion.

Well that is correct, though I do say stuff into the air without it being aimed at anyone or at me specifically (though I don't deny that sometimes I do get pissy about my recent death or someone talking sh!t), any saying "Fuc*ing fu*k" (not sure if it's fine to use profanity here) or something of a similar manner after dying isn't really offending anyone, though it is annoying (or entertaining, depends on the person) to watch.
Though I agree that I'm very salty with bits of toxism, though I'm trying to improve it the best I can or use some dead chats to blow the steam there.
And a small note which probably is insignificant or not quite sufficient to convince you, but Fanthom's bans for insulting are rather old, over a year now. I've learned my lesson back then and I've been trying to be careful with what I say and to use other methods like the Party chat, if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread