I have a question. (1 Viewer)

Speedy

So I have saved up 300 euros that is almost $330 dollars and I would like to ask you guys what should I buy to upgrade my laptop since most of you have alot of experince with computers. And I want to change them since this is a really bad laptop.
These are my current specs.
2016-01-09 12_36_58-Capture.png
And I do know how to replace ram, graphics card and CPU so feel free to give your opinion what should I change/improve. Thanks for your reply.

~Speedy

Yes, you should definitely replace your video-card, on your laptop. You've the option to solder it off and buy a new one.

I'm just cringing at the heat your laptop is packing.

I'm not an expert but a laptop? Wouldn't it be better to get yourself a pc that an be improved on? Like, they have more slots and room for more things as I'd think a laptop would be limited. I dunno I'm in the same boat as you, though I'm leaving it to the boyfriend >.< £320...Needing more obvs as I want a new motherboard and stuff and it's gonna take more than that to get anywhere :p

• Agree
Reactions: Jayy
replace the hdd with a ssd and add an 4gb ram stick so you have 8gb, thats all you can do

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: Jayy and Doc Piss
I don't even recommend to use laptop for gaming only, even with the gaming laptops they heat up so fast and break very easily
->bottlenecks
->performance drops

If I would you, I would save money and buy a desktop, if there is no need to move it around often.
But kevin told you all, thats pretty much all you can do

I agree with kevin add a 4gb ram.I dont think its possible to change hardware on a laptop.Correct me if i am wrong

Vague title, might be nice to add another word or two so that people like me with nothing to add can avoid the thread entirely.

replace the hdd with a ssd and add an 4gb ram stick so you have 8gb, thats all you can do
Yeah I will add another 4 gb of ram about the hdd and ssd I'm not pretty sure how to change that in laptop since its so squezzed together.
Yes, you should definitely replace your video-card, on your laptop. You've the option to solder it off and buy a new one.
But which graphics card should I buy?
I'm just cringing at the heat your laptop is packing.

I'm not an expert but a laptop? Wouldn't it be better to get yourself a pc that an be improved on? Like, they have more slots and room for more things as I'd think a laptop would be limited. I dunno I'm in the same boat as you, though I'm leaving it to the boyfriend >.< £320...Needing more obvs as I want a new motherboard and stuff and it's gonna take more than that to get anywhere :p
Madact I don't need a pc this laptop is okay it never over heats and never lags (well sometimes it does :p)
I will be using this laptop, but once it stops working I will buy a pc.

Thanks everyone for giving your advices appreciate it ;)

Then video card Whops I thought it is the same since it says graphics card but okay.

You're video or graphics card, which is the same to me, can not be switched on a laptop. You can buy the same part and switch them. But you can't upgrade your laptop.

Users who are viewing this thread