hugging the backwall (1 Viewer)

OxyGenE

Hello pandas.
It's been quite some times i saw a debate: when the warden says hug the backwall of your cell and kills those who aren't facing the backwall, some players argue that you do not have to face it to hug it.
Some poeple even contest and argue with admins about it. I think, in my humble opinion, that a rule should clarify this.
I also think it is absurd not to face the wall, you can't hug people with your ass, right ?

As far as i am concerned, the only admin that says that they should only touch it is @Wolf.
If he'd be so kind and give us some insight on why he says that.

You should -hug- the wall you were told to hug and not just be touching it and be faced wherever. (not the backwall if the warden said hug the backwall.)d . If you are facing the celldoors/other walls you arent hugging it.
If the warden would say touch the backwall and afk freeze it wouldnt matter.

Hugging = frontal.
You don't hug with your ass.

Using hug in a sentence could also mean to stay close to and I think any warden would be execting the prisoners to just be near the wall when being told to hug it and not facing it. Hugging sideways is also a commonly used hug so that wouldn't be a problem would it?

Feels like this is an unwritten rule and that it should be specified if you really want them to be facing it

Hello pandas.
It's been quite some times i saw a debate: when the warden says hug the backwall of your cell and kills those who aren't facing the backwall, some players argue that you do not have to face it to hug it.
Some poeple even contest and argue with admins about it. I think, in my humble opinion, that a rule should clarify this.
I also think it is absurd not to face the wall, you can't hug people with your ass, right ?
To make things simple, when they say "hug the backwall" you basically just need to touch it, if they say "hug and face the backwall" then you have to be looking at the wall, I know it sounds dumb because like you said "you can't hug people with your behind" which yes that is true you can't but the hug your walls thing basically just means like "touch the back wall", hopefully that helps clear that up, I am sure this is correct because....well I have played on many jailbreak servers over the years and I know the basics.

If someone says "hug the backwall" you can easily use mic or chat and say something dumb/funny to be smart and show that they need to define how exactly you should hug it, which would usually end up with them saying "hug and face the backwall" ^-^

To make things simple, when they say "hug the backwall" you basically just need to touch it, if they say "hug and face the backwall" then you have to be looking at the wall, I know it sounds dumb because like you said "you can't hug people with your behind" which yes that is true you can't but the hug your walls thing basically just means like "touch the back wall", hopefully that helps clear that up, I am sure this is correct because....well I have played on many jailbreak servers over the years and I know the basics.

If someone says "hug the backwall" you can easily use mic or chat and say something dumb/funny to be smart and show that they need to define how exactly you should hug it, which would usually end up with them saying "hug and face the backwall" ^-^

Honestly if the warden says hug the backwall, hug the god damn back wall. I think there's a big difference between touch the backwall and hug the backwall.
You can't say you are correct because you've been on other servers and you know the basics. I only play on Panda JB because it has very different rules from the other servers.
Hug the backwall or die trying teehee

Satan as I said earlier, hugging could also mean to touch or to be near something. That's why it's pretty common to say hug and face the back wall and not just hug because normally people would take hug as touching because it can also be a synonym

I agree with Ciri(?) with this. There is a reason most wardens says hug and face. Instead of just hug. As hugging is commonly used as a substitute for touching.

Satan as I said earlier, hugging could also mean to touch or to be near something. That's why it's pretty common to say hug and face the back wall and not just hug because normally people would take hug as touching because it can also be a synonym
Seem like a wrong usage of the word then imo. if hugging just means touching like what the fuck.

• Agree
Reactions: Satan
Nobody said hugging means just to touch, just that hugging means other things other than wrapping your arms around someone.

Nobody said hugging means just to touch, just that hugging means other things other than wrapping your arms around someone.
why not say touch instead of hug then, you say for an example "hug the backwall and afk freeze" You hug the Damn backwall! Then say touch instead of hug if you dont like it

Oh I'm just pointing out that you shouldn't get killed for not facing the back wall when meant to hug it, but admins are saying you're supposed to face it too so I don't think there's much else to discuss here.

Oh I'm just pointing out that you shouldn't get killed for not facing the back wall when meant to hug it, but admins are saying you're supposed to face it too so I don't think there's much else to discuss here.
Oh you could face wherever but you just do it with your body I supose, Atleast imo.

Maybe the definition of hug will help :kappa:

Hug-(v):
1. To press tightly with the arms. (You can't hug backwards).
2. To stay close to.

• Agree
Reactions: Ranger Ciri
sorry to be late to the conversation here' been to the UK for a few days.
My Mentors back then mentioned that "hugging" in Jailbreak just means that you (the player character) should touch the object the Warden tells you to hug, I somehow understand this in Jailbreak terms.

Instead of making the whole thread of what hugging actually means I would like to give a shout out once again to all the Wardens in our Jailbreak.
Please be strick in your orders.
This case: Please tell players to hug and face the back wall or any place you want the prisoners facing your mentioned spot.
~Thank you.

I would also like to mention that Jailbreak uses the term "hug" to actually stand against something since some "places/objects" don't have a front back or any side to stare at.
Hug a lamp stand for example wouldn't do any good for players which will follow with a lot of arguements if we are going to make extra rules on Jailbreak behaviour.
Be strict in your orders, avoid conflict.

@Zushikikato Wolfeh I know you hug singles in wildy cus u afraid of clans :kappa:

I'd say that the word is invalid to use for facing something due to it being used in so many different ways depending on the occasion

Honestly if the warden says hug the backwall, hug the god damn back wall. I think there's a big difference between touch the backwall and hug the backwall.
You can't say you are correct because you've been on other servers and you know the basics. I only play on Panda JB because it has very different rules from the other servers.
Hug the backwall or die trying teehee
"I only play on Panda JB because it has very different rules from the other servers." Of course it has different rules the only problem is no one ever mentions about the whole back wall problem in the rules starting this mess, Yes I said because I go on multiple servers but I am just saying I have seen this order given and usually ends up how I stated it.

At the end we have people like @Wolf who even says "hugging in Jailbreak just means that you (the player character) should touch the object the Warden tells you to hug" and that "Jailbreak uses the term "hug" to actually stand against something since some "places/objects" don't have a front back or any side to stare at." which is what I said except more detailed.

Either way hopefully everyone just enjoys their day and jailbreak time, I for one will try to go on the NY server and try to enjoy myself b4 freekillers join lol, good day.

~ also sorry if I seemed a bit rude towards you @Satan I am just trying to help out

• Friendly
Reactions: Satan

Users who are viewing this thread