HowTo How to automatically record every session and find your records (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxel

Greetings,
and welcome on this thread or rather said "guide" on how to record your demos, without needing to manually type recording commands on your console each time you join a new session.

Since we sometimes have people forgetting to record their sessions or moments to show us evidence of rule breaking behavior, I want to show you then how to do it.

Also before I begin, we do indeed already have a guide on recording sessions, but it only tells you how to manually start a record and stop it. So in case you wonder, this one has to do with AUTOMATICALLY recording every session.
(Shoutout to @Didixo for the "Record a Demo" guide :nekoheart:)

Step 1: When you boot up Team Fortress 2, go into "Advanced Options"

How_to_record_2.jpg

Step 2: Scroll down to the "Demo Support" section and do the following as shown on the image:

> Set your recording mode to "Auto-record all matches"
> The folder can be anything, but it's best to have it as "Demos" (I will tell you why)
> If you want, you can have sounds being played when it's starting record, to make you assure you are indeed having your session being recorded now
> And the notifications can be on chat or hud, but it's best to just keep it on "Console only" to prevent it from spamming your ingame chat overview

How_to_record_3.jpg

Doing the following will make your game now record every server you join into until you leave or type "stop record" in the console.

⚠️ Also be careful not to have "auto-delete recordings" checked on, because it will delete every recording after you leave the server. ⚠️

Step 3: "Now how do I find my recorded demos?"
Well it is simple, after you have had your playtime on any server (hopefully ours~ :nekoheart: ), you then go into:

"Your PC > "which disc your game is installed on" > Programs (86x) > Steam > steamapps > common > Team Fortress 2 > tf > demos"

How_to_record_4.png

If you have done the same as I suggested to keep your recordings saved into a folder named "demos", then you now see why so, because the folder "demos" is actually a folder located inside your game's general folder.

I hope this guide helped you recording your demos now automatically without worrying to forget about starting to record them when seeing people breaking the rules.

And as we all staff members also care, we wish you a good stay on Panda Community. :nekoheart:

Attachments

• How_to_record_3.jpg
    How_to_record_3.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread