READ ME How to apply for admin (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvoWarrior5

Contributor
Read this thread to see if your main servers are looking for any admins before proceeding: https://www.panda-community.com/threads/available-positions.5373/

Hello,

this is a thread for those who want to apply for Admin on the Panda Community. Before even making an application, think it through. Ask yourself: Do I really want to be an Admin and do I have the right qualities? Everyone has a first time, but be aware that it may not be as simple and straightforward as you think. I will not go into further detail about this here, as that is not the main point of this thread.

To start off, there are a few prerequisites you need to adhere to before you may apply:

- The minimum age for applying is 15. If you are younger than this but are very sure you are mature enough and can do it, you may PM one of our admins and ask for permission to apply.

- You need to have a good amount of playtime on our servers (minimum of 72 hours on each server you apply for; more if you only apply for 1 server). You can check this by searching your steamID in hlstats https://hlstats.panda-community.com/hlstats.php?mode=search

- Applications that we find out have copied from other applications, whether it be from this forum or another, will be automatically marked invalid without discussion. This includes literal copying as well as an exact copy with a few changes.

- You may not have any bans/mutes/gags/teambans for 1.5 months.

- If you retract your application or if it is declined, you may not apply again for one month. Any new application you post before that amount of time has passed will be marked invalid. Keep in mind that invalid applications do not paint a pretty picture of you and will weigh heavily into our final decision.

Now, how to make the application. This is a list of the information we will need from you:

Code:
- Your name and/or nickname

- Your age

- Who gave you permission to apply? (applies to applicants under 15 or those who apply for servers not listed in the "Available positions" thread)

- Your Steam32 ID (this is not simply a profile link. Look up what it is and how to get it; simply posting what you think it is makes you seem unprofessional)

- Your general online times and your timezone

- Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?

- Do you have a microphone? (This is a minimum requirement for Jailbreak admins)

- Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator

- Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?

- Why should we choose you to be part of our team?

- Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.

When you have filled in the form, make sure that your layout is good and everything is clearly readable. Your layout affects how your application comes across.

Now, here is an example of what a good application looks like. Do not copy this exactly: make your own application! Of course, do use the same information, but not the same sentence structure and wording. That is too easy and would not be representative of you, which is what an application is supposed to be!

Name/Nickname: EvoWarrior5, or Martijn in real life

Steam2 ID: STEAM_0:1:35486052

Online Times and timezone: I am generally online on weekdays from 19:00 to 22:00 CET. On weekends I play whenever I feel like it, which could be a few hours in the morning and/or afternoon, and usually a few hours in the evening as well. Although I am busy on Saturdays pretty often.

Do you have a Microphone?: Yes, although I don't always use it.

Previous experience in Admin/Mod: I was Admin on the VIA community for a few months, but because of personal issues the coder had with me I was removed.

What Panda Community servers do you usually play on?: Mostly on Saxton Hale and I frequent Dodgeball as well. I also like Class Warfare. I plan on visiting most servers when I get a report from them.

Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?: Yes, I am familiar with the basic, relevant commands.

Why should we choose you?: I am an active player and I really like the servers, however I often see problems that I wish I could do something about. I tend to report problems that I see, but the Admins are not always available. I would like to assist by becoming one of your team.

What will you do as Admin?: I will make sure to let people know what they are doing wrong before punishing. When I have to punish someone I will use appropriate commands such as gag and mute for mic and chat spam and insults. I will kick the worse offenders or those who were warned already; and ban the worst cases (hackers, bad racism) or for those who were warned multiple times (e.g. a 30 minute ban when somebody was warned not to rocket steal and was slayed or kicked for it already).

Since we have to tell about 90% of applicants the same thing, which is to expand their answer in the final question, a word of advice here: we expect more than just a few lines in that section. Look at other (accepted) applicants and how they did it.

If you have read this thread and are still up for the task: good luck applying. And may the odds be ever in your favour!

- Evo

Last edited by a moderator:

Ron

Developer
Staff member
Developer
Donator
Changed some requirements:

• Minimum playtime is now 72 hours (3 days) for each server you apply for
  • Only full gameserver admins (or higher ranks) may give out permissions to apply.
  • You may not have any bans/mutes/gags/teambans for 1.5 months
The changes will apply for current applications as well.

Last edited:

Madact

Gameserver Admin
Staff member
Gameserver Admin
Contributor
I've changed some requirements for the time being. Particularly this section:

- You need to have a good amount of playtime on our servers (minimum of 72 hours on each server you apply for; more if you only apply for 1 server). You can check this by searching your steamID in hlstats https://hlstats.panda-community.com/hlstats.php?mode=search Edit : With hlstats recently been implemented, the minimum requirement is 1 day playtime with 30+ minutes session time per day .

This is temporary until our new ranking system gets more 3 day playtimes regulars on the servers.

Realised we can't get any new applicants applying as the bar is set too far for most of the regulars to rebuild their playtime up.
I'll delete this out when it seems appropriate.

Last edited:

Madact

Gameserver Admin
Staff member
Gameserver Admin
Contributor
The requirement for how much playtime an applicant needs will be changed back to 72 hours(3 days) on the 15th of January 2020 23:59 (GMT +1). Those who have applied before or on this date are immune to this change.
There will be no exceptions made if you miss this deadline. You will have to build your playtime to 72 hours(3 days) if you miss it. Any questions feel free to message me privately.

Edit: The minimum requirement is now changed back to 72 hours (3 days)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)