READ ME How to apply for admin (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvoWarrior5

Contributor
This thread shows you how to create an application to become an admin on Panda Community.

Before creating an application, check if the server(s) you wish to apply for are looking for an admin by looking in >this thread< or asking an admin from the server(s).

There are a few criteria applicants must meet:

• The minimum age for applying is 15
  • Minimum of 72 hours playtime on any server you apply for
  • No punishments of any kind on record in the last 1.5 months
If you are under the minimum age but you are confident in your abilities, or if the server you want to apply for is closed, you may ask permission from an admin to apply anyways (a Gameserver Admin from the server(s) you apply for; otherwise, seek permission from @Madact
You can find the list of assigned admins to gameservers >here<

In your application, we ask you to include the following information. (Please copy the template below in the 'Code' box)

Code:
Username

Steam32 ID
[this is NOT a profile link; you can find out how to get your steamID here: https://www.panda-community.com/threads/get-your-steam-id-32.23385/ ]

Your age

Current playtime on relevant server(s)
[Found here: https://hlstats.panda-community.com/hlstats.php?mode=search look up your name or ID and check your profile in the relevant game mode]

Link to your Sourcebans record
[Found here: https://bans.panda-community.com/ search for your Steam32 ID, not your name]

(If relevant) Who gave you permission to apply?

Server you are applying for

General online times & time zone

Do you have a working microphone?
(This is required for Jailbreak admins)

Previous experience as Admin or Moderator
(Mostly in games, other experience is valid if sufficiently relevant)

What would you say makes you a suitable candidate?
(Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.)

When you have filled in the form, make sure that your layout is good and everything is clearly readable. Your layout affects how your application comes across.

It is highly advisable to read through a few previously accepted applications to get a sense of what looks good and reads well (they are stored >here<). Note that the format has changed at certain points so not every app will adhere to the above structure. Do make sure to use the template listed above, only taking the successful applications as inspiration. Lastly, this should be obvious, but do not copy from other applications – any applications that we find out have copied significantly from others will be auto-declined.

Changed some requirements:

• Minimum playtime is now 72 hours (3 days) for each server you apply for
  • Only full gameserver admins (or higher ranks) may give out permissions to apply.
  • You may not have any bans/mutes/gags/teambans for 1.5 months
The changes will apply for current applications as well.

Last edited:
I've changed some requirements for the time being. Particularly this section:

- You need to have a good amount of playtime on our servers (minimum of 72 hours on each server you apply for; more if you only apply for 1 server). You can check this by searching your steamID in hlstats https://hlstats.panda-community.com/hlstats.php?mode=search Edit : With hlstats recently been implemented, the minimum requirement is 1 day playtime with 30+ minutes session time per day .

This is temporary until our new ranking system gets more 3 day playtimes regulars on the servers.

Realised we can't get any new applicants applying as the bar is set too far for most of the regulars to rebuild their playtime up.
I'll delete this out when it seems appropriate.

Last edited:
The requirement for how much playtime an applicant needs will be changed back to 72 hours(3 days) on the 15th of January 2020 23:59 (GMT +1). Those who have applied before or on this date are immune to this change.
There will be no exceptions made if you miss this deadline. You will have to build your playtime to 72 hours(3 days) if you miss it. Any questions feel free to message me privately.

Edit: The minimum requirement is now changed back to 72 hours (3 days)

Last edited:
Updated Admin Application to get more information we need and to better aware applicants if they meet requirements or not.

Was suggested in a thread here:

A big thanks to @EvoWarrior5 for the help. Corrected any grammar mistakes I made from the edits.
If I've made a mistake please let me know, this is a copy and paste from various areas so formatting maybe off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread