How long does it take for professional killstreaks to register? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darky

So ive been putting both a skin and a professional killstreak on my new Detonator lately, tho its equipping a standard detonator for me whenever I try to use it. Can I somehow register my new detonator so I can use it, or does it need some time for the server?

just restart tf2 i think. panda servers for some reason hate it when you edit an item at all

edit: you can also just equip a different weapon for 1 round and then swap to your edited one, that should fix it

So ive been putting both a skin and a professional killstreak on my new Detonator lately, tho its equipping a standard detonator for me whenever I try to use it. Can I somehow register my new detonator so I can use it, or does it need some time for the server?
this a glitch in team fortress 2 and online servers. i think restarting tf2 fixes the issue, if not then i'm not 100% sure.

it has to do with the fact that the server remembers the older instance of your item, and since that older instance doesn't match up to what you currently have upon joining, the server doesn't know what to so it just gives you a default weapon.

edit: super late response so i assume the issue has already been resolved, but now you have this information. :)

• Happy
Reactions: Bananawastaken
As someone that used to always get confused why I couldn't used my newly altered items when I would restore or add things to them, there is an easy solution to this problem. You select a different weapon in that slot and then reselect your new recently changed item. You can be alive, dead, spectating, in the main menu, or anywhere and this will work. Exactly like what Valen said but you don't have to carry it the whole round. Simply select, deselect.

The reason this happens in the first place is because when you alter an item (example: add a pro-KS kit to a detonator, changing it from a non-KS detonator to a pro-KS detonator), it basically removes the old one from your backpack and creates an entirely identical item plus/minus anything you did to it. So as human said, it tries equipping the old version, except it doesn't exist anymore. It still might show the new item in your slot, but the game is only reading the old one. Hence why selecting another item and reselecting the old one (putting two different items back in your loadout) basically refreshes your game and now recognizes and uses the new item correctly.

Hope this clarifies anyone's future troubles with this. Definitely not necro-bumping.

I have tried both re-equipping the weapon aswell as reload the game, and both did not work. Fredo had explained to me in dms that the Detonator in FF2 probably doesnt work changed because of its changed stats in that specific gamemode. (Same for vsh). So either the server wont register it even with changing or restarting, or the detonator cant be a professional ks with skin.

I have tried both re-equipping the weapon aswell as reload the game, and both did not work. Fredo had explained to me in dms that the Detonator in FF2 probably doesnt work changed because of its changed stats in that specific gamemode. (Same for vsh). So either the server wont register it even with changing or restarting, or the detonator cant be a professional ks with skin.
oh i had no idea it was vsh we were talking about. that server auto detects certain weapons and replaces it with a custom weapon sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread