Hiding HLStats Location (1 Viewer)

Lunar

Hello, I would like to know if its possible for my location to be hidden on HLStats? I really don't like the fact that my city is exposed for anyone to see when I connect to your game server.

Reactions: Ian
This is the best answer I can find: try hlx_menu and finding the setting there, keep me posted if it doesn't work, and I will suggest a plugin edit on the server side/ hlstats config side of things. I found this involving the server-side solution

Reactions: Lunar
This is the best answer I can find: try hlx_menu and finding the setting there, keep me posted if it doesn't work, and I will suggest a plugin edit on the server side/ hlstats config side of things. I found this involving the server-side solution
This still shows my location on the HLStats website and does not remove me from search on that website.

This still shows my location on the HLStats website and does not remove me from search on that website.
use a VPN if you dont like your location to be revealed.

in 80% of the cases the location is not accurate and if it is it’s not very smart to speak about it here if you’re worried about someone knowing where you live.

be aware if you use a vpn you will experience issues with most likely random
bans due to flagged ips in sourcebans.

use a VPN if you dont like your location to be revealed.

in 80% of the cases the location is not accurate and if it is it’s not very smart to speak about it here if you’re worried about someone knowing where you live.

be aware if you use a vpn you will experience issues with most likely random
bans due to flagged ips in sourcebans.
So my only solution to not have my location exposed on your website is to use a VPN that will most likely give me false bans? I'm not using my actual steam name here so I shouldn't be risking much.

So my only solution to not have my location exposed on your website is to use a VPN that will most likely give me false bans? I'm not using my actual steam name here so I shouldn't be risking much.
location gets based of the geo-settings provided from your ISP.
hlstats simply does a geo lookup and displays the region, hence why i said its most likely never accurate considered if your ip changes from day to day it'll never be correct.

location gets based of the geo-settings provided from your ISP.
hlstats simply does a geo lookup and displays the region, hence why i said its most likely never accurate considered if your ip changes from day to day it'll never be correct.
My ip doesnt change everyday, its static until I restart my router. It seems ridiculous the only way to not have my location leaked is to have to restart my router until I get an ip that geolocates far enough away that im comfortable with or to risk a ban due to a VPN.

Out of curiosity as I've thought about this in the past is that if you VPN, join the server, make sure location changes on hlstats to the new country you VPN'd to, disable your rank, come off the server, turn off your VPN and then join the server again, will it not update back? Would hlstats update it's location information on a rank disabled player?

Reactions: Ian

Users who are viewing this thread