Hey how do I stop getting engine errors because its been happening a lot now and idk how to fix it. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo

I have been recently been getting engine errors, It used to never happen and IDK why it randomly started to happen. I have all my settings on low, and I looked up on YouTube everything I can think of it still does it. If you have anything that may help me to make my game stop crashing please tell me. Also, some people probably don't know what it looks like I will leave a link, for you guys to see how it looks like.

I'm not sure if this will help or not, but I'll try suggesting a few things some more obvious and others more drastic.

1. Get a config for to get more FPS/lower quality texture whether through Tf2's graphical settings or using a config auto generator or even using mastercomfig
2. Verifying the integrity files of Tf2 by right clicking Tf2, going into "properties"->"local files"( I know yours and my favorite)->"verify integrity of game files"
3. Unistall and Reinstall Tf2 or clear space in your computer from applications/games that you don't really play
4. Try to factory restart Tf2 files by; disabling tf2 syncing with the steam cloud, delete the "cfg" folder in the /tf directory, remove anything in the custom folder, in tf2s launch options, put "-autoconfig" (make sure you take this out when you finish), relaunch tf2
5. Get a new computer/one with more space if possible
6. Seek an actual "IT person/expert" for assistance

• Useful
Reactions: Solo
1. I have a config chae.
2. I did verify integrity files chae nothing idk why
3. I did Unistall l tf2 and reinstall
And, the rest might help ill try all of them thanks chaeX).

I hope it's not too late to help here. This is something that often happens to me, and there are a few ways to fix it.

To understand why this happens, it's because Team Fortress 2 only loads ~2 GB of RAM when booted, meaning the game will automatically close if it's using anything more than ~2 GB of RAM.

So first, do you have any mods installed (.vpks in the custom folder)?
If so, they often create .cache files which can end up crashing the game. Try deleting the .cache files and see if there are any good results.

Additionally, the game can also crash due to a very large amount of in-game errors that eventually overflow the game's memory. Check console often to see if you have any errors while playing the game. If you do have errors, post them here.

Other than that, the fixes are very limited. Turning down graphical settings is definitely one of the fixes, but it's never the easiest one to do when you know that your PC can handle more than that.

I hope it's not too late to help here. This is something that often happens to me, and there are a few ways to fix it.

To understand why this happens, it's because Team Fortress 2 only loads ~2 GB of RAM when booted, meaning the game will automatically close if it's using anything more than ~2 GB of RAM.

So first, do you have any mods installed (.vpks in the custom folder)?
If so, they often create .cache files which can end up crashing the game. Try deleting the .cache files and see if there are any good results.

Additionally, the game can also crash due to a very large amount of in-game errors that eventually overflow the game's memory. Check console often to see if you have any errors while playing the game. If you do have errors, post them here.

Other than that, the fixes are very limited. Turning down graphical settings is definitely one of the fixes, but it's never the easiest one to do when you know that your PC can handle more than that.
Do you know any way to allocate more ram to tf2?

Do you know any way to allocate more ram to tf2?
Unfortunately, Team Fortress 2 doesn't officially support running more allocated memory to the system due to being a 32-bit application.

There are a few experimental methods that may be of use to you, but please note that they could be unstable to use.

You can follow this guide if you have over 2 GB of RAM to possibly make TF2 run using more memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread