Declined Halo Bloodgulch Servers (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sudden

1) Set respawn time to 5 seconds instead of the current instant respawn.
2) Class limits:
  • 3 Snipers per team
  • 3 scouts per team
  • 3 medics per team
  • No limits on any other classes
3) Auto-rebalance: set so that a team can have maximum of 2 more players. Example: Red can have 12 players and Blu can have 10. Nobody on Blu can switch to Red. If a player disconnects from Blu (making it Red 12, Blu 9) someone from Red will be autobalanced to Blu upon being killed.

4) Optimize server tags so that players can easily find the server while searching
Ex: halo, bloodgulch, dm, deathmatch, panda, ect.

5) Add the halo servers to the front page of the community website.

6) Add the halo servers to the gameME page.

7) THE ONE AND ONLY (server specific) RULE: No shooting into the top of spawn!
This means that players cannot go to the opposite spawn and intentionally shoot fire into the top of the spawn or shoot rockets/grenades so that they explode on the top of the spawn door. If a player repeatedly jumps and shoots out of the top of spawn however, they are fair game (only that player).
Useful admin cmd: bind KP_HOME "sm_msay do NOT shoot into the top of spawn!"
^Or something similar to the slay @stealer for dodgeball can be implemented where the reason for the slay is put in chat.

Hey I've heard about this :D

Is it public download though? I've only heard about it recently meaning it might be too fresh to be available? Unless it's been around for ages, then silly me!

Hey I've heard about this :D

Is it public download though? I've only heard about it recently meaning it might be too fresh to be available? Unless it's been around for ages, then silly me!
What are you referring to?

we already have this gamemode up and running since a while; both EU/US side but i didnt announce it.
Well Kevin beat me to it, but yeah. It's not a gamemode, it's a map. The gamemode is deathmatch. The servers are already up. This post was suggesting changes to be made on the server. I was part of another gaming group (an admin) called HigherNation. It just closed down this month after several years. One of our servers was dedicated to this map. The changes I have listed above would make Panda's current version of the server identical to the former server I played on for years. Many different settings and rules were tested on the server over the years, and these settings/rules have been deemed to be the most fair in regards to players, gameplay, and the ability to be enforced by admins.

Well Kevin beat me to it, but yeah. It's not a gamemode, it's a map. The gamemode is deathmatch. The servers are already up. This post was suggesting changes to be made on the server. I was part of another gaming group (an admin) called HigherNation. It just closed down this month after several years. One of our servers was dedicated to this map. The changes I have listed above would make Panda's current version of the server identical to the former server I played on for years. Many different settings and rules were tested on the server over the years, and these settings/rules have been deemed to be the most fair in regards to players, gameplay, and the ability to be enforced by admins.
well so far considering the long uptime both servers have i'd rather tend to delete both as since the start up on the 27th of may we only gained on US side a total of 370 players and on EU side 531.

of course i can tweak the servers as stated above but if it doesnt increase i am going to get rid of them.

1) Set respawn time to 5 seconds instead of the current instant respawn.
2) Class limits:
  • 3 Snipers per team
  • 3 scouts per team
  • 3 medics per team
  • No limits on any other classes
3) Auto-rebalance: set so that a team can have maximum of 2 more players. Example: Red can have 12 players and Blu can have 10. Nobody on Blu can switch to Red. If a player disconnects from Blu (making it Red 12, Blu 9) someone from Red will be autobalanced to Blu upon being killed.

4) Optimize server tags so that players can easily find the server while searching
Ex: halo, bloodgulch, dm, deathmatch, panda, ect.

5) Add the halo servers to the front page of the community website.

6) Add the halo servers to the gameME page.

7) THE ONE AND ONLY (server specific) RULE: No shooting into the top of spawn!
This means that players cannot go to the opposite spawn and intentionally shoot fire into the top of the spawn or shoot rockets/grenades so that they explode on the top of the spawn door. If a player repeatedly jumps and shoots out of the top of spawn however, they are fair game (only that player).
Useful admin cmd: bind KP_HOME "sm_msay do NOT shoot into the top of spawn!"
^Or something similar to the slay @stealer for dodgeball can be implemented where the reason for the slay is put in chat.

1. done
  2. gonna look into it
  3. gonna look into it
  4. is already in place since the beginning
  5. not neceassary as the forum layout will be re-designed thats why it hasnt been updated yet with the other new servers
  6. we use hlstats for new servers due to principes of not feeding gameME anymore money than necessary, we're working on an own private version of gameME
  7. added

irrelevant as the servers have been removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread